Who can make me like fresh mushrooms? :]

Options

Replies

• JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ideas - and of course the goat cheese could be changed for any cheese you like :)

Healthy stuffed mushrooms- http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2011/12/28/5-ingredients-stuffed-mushrooms/

Healthy Portobella Quesadillas- http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/barbecue_portobello_quesadillas.html

Portobella Burger- http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/portobello-burgers-10000001036125/

You can google recipes to get more ideas, there are a ton of great ones out there!
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention Olive Garden stuffed mushrooms. If you wanna like fresh mushrooms..thats your ticket.
  • JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Another thing that is a favorite of mine is to take a portabella mushroom cap thats about the size of my palm, clean out the gills (the black ribbed part on the inside of the cap, just scrape gently with a spoon) and rub inside and out with a little olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder inside and then crack an egg inside the cap. Bake at 425 for 10-15 ish minutes or however done you like your eggs. SO yummy!
    [/quote]

That sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea!
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    King Oyster Mushrooms (from the Asian food store) sliced up, and stir fried in grapeseed oil with a dash of salt. Divine.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    @ HeartsDesire I remember you! I asked how you got a heart in your ID so jealous :] lol & that sounds yummy, pita pizza. I need to try it lol

@ Laddiegirl I love eggs and I put mushrooms in my eggs, but it never occurred to me that I could put eggs in my mushrooms! Surprise lol

@ Tonnina No they are like my favorite food! lol I just need to learn to cook them now :]

@ jenilla1 lmso hehe you made my day <3 Thanks for the idea. I dont know anything about wine, but maybe and I love garlic for sure!

@ JISimon22 Thanks for the links! I LOVE quesadillas and theyre quick yum yum thank you :]

@ jesse1379 really? Now you have my attention lol Ive never been there, but I just seen that buy a dinner take one home deal and I was so tempted.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    King Oyster Mushrooms (from the Asian food store) sliced up, and stir fried in grapeseed oil with a dash of salt. Divine.

Really?! So simple yay works for me. I don't know what grapeseed oil is, but I can find some lol
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I eat em with cottage cheese, or hummus. Cook in a little olive oil and oh man...so good just plain then! Also stuffing mushrooms with feta, spinach, garlic, and rice(though I use cauliflower instead of rice) *mouth waters*
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I eat em with cottage cheese, or hummus. Cook in a little olive oil and oh man...so good just plain then! Also stuffing mushrooms with feta, spinach, garlic, and rice(though I use cauliflower instead of rice) *mouth waters*
    You lost me at "cottage cheese" then lost me again at "hummus", then you caught my attention with olive oil and even more so with "feta, spinach, garlic, [&] cauliflower" O my! Yum. You really should share that recipe with me now or I'll be so sad lmso
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Personally I love mushrooms. I think they are my favorite single food item above all others. I just wish they had more protein.

But if you don't like them, what's the point of eating them?
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Personally I love mushrooms. I think they are my favorite single food item above all others. I just wish they had more protein.

But if you don't like them, what's the point of eating them?

I love them from a can so I figured I must be just not eating them the correct way! Lol. & as for anyone I missed thank you I realized I missed a few people <3
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Stuffed portabella mushrooms = win!

Something like this:

stuffed-portabella-1.jpg

http://www.wizardrecipes.com/stuffed-portabella-mushrooms/

Grilled mushrooms with a little salt are delicious also.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Stuffed portabella mushrooms = win!

Something like this:

stuffed-portabella-1.jpg

http://www.wizardrecipes.com/stuffed-portabella-mushrooms/

Grilled mushrooms with a little salt are delicious also.

No fair I want that other one Lol (the one in the picture!)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    No fair I want that other one Lol (the one in the picture!)

HAH... They are pretty much the same as the linked recipe but topped with a little parsley, chopped peppers, and looks like feta cheese.
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Toast them on a sandwich with cheese. Bread, butter, mushrooms, cheese. Melt it all together :)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Saute in some oil or spray and then add to your scrambled eggs with a little parmesan. Top with a little salsa. NOM!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There fun guys to be with ! hahaha :laugh:

Bad joke ok try garlic mushrooms, sliced mushrooms, butter garlic fry in pan, eat with crusty bread, add herbs if you like.
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    I love mushroom, aubergine, Pak Choi, prawn and cherry tomatoes in a thai curry. They all hold the flavour and taste devine when you bite into them.

Ingredients:
    Thai curry paste of your choice
    Coconut Milk
    Coconut Cream
    Fresh Lemon Juice
    Fish Sauce
    Mushrooms
    Aubergine
    Fresh Prawns
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Pak Choi
    Kaffir Lime Leaves
    And serve with a plain or flavoured rice (I prefer Jasmine Rice)

I cook a Thai curry about once a week from scratch and it's always devine. Enjoy! :happy:

In fact tonight is thai curry night for me :wink:
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    Oh and I love stuffed Mushrooms! I use large portobello mushrooms and stuff them with stilton and thats it. But that is a very rare treat due to high sodium and fat. But they taste devine when served with a refreshing side salad that I usually pick straight from our veg patch, Yum!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :] Im so tired or Id comment individually Lol but I appreciate it all so thank you! It seems like garlic and mushrooms is really popular? I think I need to order a mushroom garlic pizza someday lol or make one!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    There is nothing better (to me) than a good quality pizza with just cheese and shrooms on it. :) Better obviously though if you can make the whole thing from scratch! /drool