Requesting all your healthy soup recipes!

Options

Replies

• angela_fitness
    angela_fitness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There is one that I found on the internet last week that is called 5 Can Soup. I have a large Crockpot also that I use for this, usually double the recipe. What is nice is that it makes a lot, plus very low calorie per serving. I tried it on Tuesday and still eating leftovers. Let me know what you think if you try it out. Recipe below:
    1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Diced Tomatoes
    1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
    1 (15 ounce) can minestrone soup (ready to serve) - I get the Campbell’s Select Light...less calories
    1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed

Mix all ingredients in a pot and warm.

When I added all the cans together it came to be 1080 calories for the whole pot. I split it into 4 servings, which was more than enough, total calories per serving is 270. Hope this helps!

I LOVE this soup! I've made 3 batches so far and I'm making another tonight. It's great to grab for lunch at the office.

Thanks!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ok - This isn't a crock pot recipie, but I am making this tonight! (It snowed here today, need some soup in me)

Lasagna Soup

1 Pound of lean ground beef (I am using 93%/7%)
    1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
    14 oz of Swanson Beef Broth (I am using 100% fat Free and 100% Salt Free)
    1 (14.5 oz) can of Dice Tomato's (I am using no salt added tomatos)
    1/4 Teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
    1 1/2 cups of Whole Wheat Pasta (recipie calls for corkscrew, but I have elbow and home so that is what I am using)
    1/4 cup grated parmesan Cheese

Cook the beef with garlic in a skillet until browned. Drain out fat. Add broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Heat to boil. Stir in Pasta. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until Pasta is done. Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese if desired.

I plugged this into the recipe builder and according to the ingrediants that I am using is comes out as

257 Cals per serving
    21 Carbs
    6 Fat
    31 Protein
    74 Cholesteral
    213 Sodium

Oh yeah, this makes 4 really big servings.
  • notsofatroxy55
    notsofatroxy55 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, i just made this soup last night and it was sooo good. It is called Quick Ravioli & Spinach Soup.

1- 9 oz. package of refrigerated small cheese ravioli ( i used frozen cheese tortellini)
    2- 32 oz cartons of chicken broth ( i used homemade stock)
    1/4 teasp. onion powder
    dash of pepper
    You boil the package of ravioli or tortelini in broth with onion powder and pepper for 7-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
    add:
    4 cups chopped fresh spinach
    3 cups shredded cooked chicken ( i used left over rotisseri chicken i bought from Sam's Club)
    Cook for 3 more minutes and serve with grated parmesain cheese
    Makes 6 servings. Calories are a little over 300.
  • JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Boneless chicken thighs
    Eating Right canned diced tomatoes
    chopped onion
    large can of lentils
    reduced fat/sodium chicken broth
    frozen peas
    fresh mushrooms
    2 tblsp Mrs. Dash
    fresh parsley

This is my favorite lately. My soups never end up the same, as I'm always tweaking, adding and subtracting. I sometimes thicken the soup and serve it on rice, otherwise I have it with a whole grain bun.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I <3 soup and some of these look amazing.

My favorite is Stuffed Pepper Soup from skinnytaste.com. It's not meant to be cooked in the slow cooker, but I do all the time
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You don't need a crock pot for this... just 15 minutes and a regular sauce pan.

Can of reduced sodium chicken broth
    Can of no salt added diced tomatoes
    1/2 cup half and half

Pour broth and tomatoes into saucepan. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and add half and half. Simmer 15 minutes.

When I made this, I made it into 2 large servings and it was like 125 calories. You can easily make it 4-6 servings and reduce the calories even further. Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich. Best soup and sandwich combo ever!
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump !
    I can't wait to try some of these. :smile:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Potato cheddar soup

2 sticks carrots, diced
    1 large onion, finely diced
    4 large red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
    4 cups no salt added chicken broth
    1 cup half and half
    2 tbsp ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. 15 minutes before serving, add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and mix until all cheese is well mixed.

Serve with a side of whole wheat bread and top with a little sour cream and bacon bits.

~400 calories per bowl, and very filling. Serves approximately 6.

You can also add ham or chicken to it to add more protein if you like.
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe for Mama Mandola's Sicilian Chicken Soup from Carrabba's Italian Grill:

1 whole chicken, about 4 1/2 pounds, giblets removed (or I just use 4 chicken breasts)
    1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
    3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch dice
    3 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch dice
    3 green bell peppers, cored and cut into 1/4 inch dice (I use 1 green and 1 or 2 red peppers instead)
    3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
    1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
    1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (I use about 1 TBS dried parsley)
    4 garlic cloves, chopped ( I use about 4 times as much and put them in at the END so the taste is still there!)
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 cup ditalini or other "soup pasta" (where I live only Kroger sells it)

1. Put the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes and their juices in a large soup pot and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, skimming off the foam (from the tomatoes) that rises to the surface. Add the parsley, garlic (I wait till the end to add the garlic) and 1 tablespoon salt and pepper. (I add much less salt)
    2. Reduce the heat to medium low. Partially cover the pot and simmer until the chicken is falling off the bones, about 2 hours (or about 45-50 minutes if you use chicken breasts that you cut up before adding). Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a large bowl and let cool for 20 minutes. Keep the soup in the pot simmering.
    3. Remove the meat from the chicken, discarding the skin and bones, taking care not to mangle the meat and keeping it in neat pieces. Tear or pull the boned chicken into large bite-sized pieces. (We prefer hand-pulled chicken to chopped chunks),
    4. Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste. Add the ditaliini and cook according to the package directions until tender. Drain well.
    5. Using a slotted spoon or a potato masher, mash some of the potatoes in the pot to lightly thicken the broth. Add the chicken and pasta to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot

Using the chicken breasts saves time, because I just pick it out of the soup, pull it apart and put it back in, then do the same with the potatoes. This is a favorite recipe of my family!
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Another favorite I have to share:

Black Bean Chili

1 1b black beans
    2 cups onion (about 2 large) chopped
    1 cup sweet pepper (red, yellow or green) chopped
    3 cloves of garlic chopped (I use about 6-8 because we are nuts about garlic)
    2 tsp chili powder
    2 tsp cumin
    2 tsp dried cilantro
    1 28 oz can tomatoes

Soak beans according to package directions. Rinse. (Or you can add canned black beans, like I do, 3 or 4 cans, depending on how much you like them). Add all ingredients except tomatoes to 3 quarts of water. Boil then reduce to low heat. Simmer for about 2 hours, until beans are soft and water is gone (unless you are using canned beans, then only about 20 minutes or so).
    Add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are heated. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Garnish with fat free sour cream or chopped green onions.
    Serves 6
    nutrition info:
    each serving contains approx.
    333 calories, 20 grams protein, 2 grams fat, no cholesterol, 63 grams carbs, 15 grams fiber, 204 mg sodium.

(I usually add more canned tomatoes because I really love them!)
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Another favorite I have to share:

Black Bean Chili

1 1b black beans
    2 cups onion (about 2 large) chopped
    1 cup sweet pepper (red, yellow or green) chopped
    3 cloves of garlic chopped (I use about 6-8 because we are nuts about garlic)
    2 tsp chili powder
    2 tsp cumin
    2 tsp dried cilantro
    1 28 oz can tomatoes

Soak beans according to package directions. Rinse. (Or you can add canned black beans, like I do, 3 or 4 cans, depending on how much you like them). Add all ingredients except tomatoes to 3 quarts of water. Boil then reduce to low heat. Simmer for about 2 hours, until beans are soft and water is gone (unless you are using canned beans, then only about 20 minutes or so).
    Add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are heated. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Garnish with fat free sour cream or chopped green onions.
    Serves 6
    nutrition info:
    each serving contains approx.
    333 calories, 20 grams protein, 2 grams fat, no cholesterol, 63 grams carbs, 15 grams fiber, 204 mg sodium.

(I usually add more canned tomatoes because I really love them!)
    Thanks, sounds delicious and I do so love black beans! I might also consider trying the Crockpot on this once to see how it comes out. I'll add the spices at the end so they don't lose their punch. Love soups/stews that can be cooked either way!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Get the boullion recipe from 101cookbooks.com. make it. Use it with water for broth. Put things in it. When its all hot and noodles are soft and meat is cooked, it's soup.
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump