Do You Log Gains

Options

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I don't. It makes people's newsfeed loss postings misleading when they are gaining and losing the same pound over and over.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday, I'm a number cruncher I like looking at the trends. But I only log my weight once a week. I have logged my gains, because I log whatever the number is on my weigh in days. But sometimes I just gained a pound because I had to much sodium. So then the next week it looks like I had a huge loss, if my weights back to normal. I feel like that's a little dishonest. So I'm thinking about not logging them unless it stays up for over a week.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily (unless I'm away from home) and log whatever it is. My graph looks like an EKG readout, but I like seeing the reality of what's happening.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and I log it. I try not to beat myself up about it if there is a slight gain. I can see what the trend is doing and judge it from that. As long as the trend is that it is going down, I'm happy.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't. It makes people's newsfeed loss postings misleading when they are gaining and losing the same pound over and over.

I agree - it is misleading. If I'm down from yesterday but haven't reached a new low I record it then immediately go to my page and delete that post so that I'm not being congratulated over and over for losing the same weight. If it is a new low then I leave the post as is!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yup. I weigh every day because it works to keep me accountable. Your mileage may vary. One thing about logging every day is that you can see general trends. I also know not to despair if I randomly "gain" a couple of pounds over night. I know my natural fluctuation. It's also been interesting for me to see how my weight loss tracks with my cycle. Ultimately, you have to do what feels best for you. If logging gains is going to make you depressed and throw you off track, then don't do it.
  • Tglivak
    Options
    My "weigh-in" day is Sunday morning, right after I get up and before I eat. And I log whatever the scale says. I think you're only cheating yourself if you're not logging gains.
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    yes i log it but i don't flog it LOL ..
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I do if it's on my official weigh in day (saturdays)
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I only log on Wednesdays. If I'm on my cycle I will not log until the next week due to water weight, but I would log my gains with pain if I did actually gain. I haven't gained yet if that's a problem for your data.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I don't log gains unless they're there for my weekly weigh in.

It demotivates me. A lot.

Buuut sometimes I just don't log them ;P
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I don't ..it would discourage me too. I just work on down through it..
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've been bouncing between 170-174 since September but the last time I logged my weight I was 170 even. Until I am under 170, I'm not logging. My weight does this once every few months though. I'll be on a downard slope then I teeter for a bit then start dropping again.
  • quiltergirlar
    quiltergirlar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I'll only log a new low weight.

If it goes more than a week and I've gained, I'll log it a gain after 7 days. That way I have 7 days to mend my eating to get back to my low. Encouragement for 7 days, then accountability for the gain.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    NO WAY JOSE! I would beat myself up and ruin my motivation. But that's just me.

^This.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, if i've gained one week and then by my next weigh in I am still heavier than my recorded weight, THEN I will log it. I guess I always hope that the first weigh in was just an off day. Whether or not this is true I don't mind, I feel better about myself when I think that way :)

I do this too :-)
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have only logged a gain once- When I got back from vacation, I was about 4 lbs heavier than when I left. I didn't log it at first, but I found it hard to get back on track so when the extra pounds remained a few days later, I logged it. I weigh daily, though, so I don't let little gains bother me.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yep. Staying true to the plan :)
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I do an official weigh in once a week and so far on those days I haven't had a gain over the previous week. So I log the loss. I do check 1-2 times a week on my weight especially after a bad day to see if I'm up, and if I am I don't log it, but I mkae sure I'm paying attention so I can avoid having a gain on real weigh in day.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining now but always logged my gains, it gives me the kick up the backside I need when I have been slacking!