To the 5ft 6.5 incher's

Options
12346»

Replies

• shannypoo21
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently 177 down from 228. I'm a size 10 now and my goal weight is 165 and would possibly get down to a size 8. I'm pretty bottom heavy with thick thighs, hips and booty :happy: I would like to keep my curves but slim down my thighs some and flatten this belly of mines.
  • llayc013
    Options
    took me a year and half to gain, yes GAIN the 25#
    15# left to go to solid 180
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5-3/4" (lol all depends on the time of the day)... my goal weight is 170 to 150. I honestly think under that I will look sickly or just plain strange. I know from past weight loss/exercising that I gain muscle and LOTS of it. My family history on both side have large women and small men (so freaking strange).

I also am utterly terrified of seeing my bones (which I am beginning to already do and I'm getting freaked already) - I have pretty bad Scoliosis and know from x-rays how badly twisted my ribs, back and other stuff is. I think this was one of the reasons I always stayed heavy because I didn't want to see the monster I was inside (I know, pretty screwed up, but my childhood wasn't easy or nice).
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    5' 6 3/4" and my goal is 153. Back when I weighed 135-140 I had comments that I looked emaciated.
  • kimimila86
    Options
    Same height for me exactly! My doctor told me she wants me between 135-140 lbs. That's my goal!
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this!! I am also 5'6 and very curvy. I am rather chesty though, I have always felt too top heavy for my frame, which is why my doctor has ok'd a medically necessary breast reduction for me soon. I started MFP at 175 lbs, and am now down to 167 and would love to hit 150 - 155 before my surgery in January. Maybe then I will actually look normal, lol! I think after my surgery I may be able to lose more since my back won't hurt as bad, so may re-evaluate at that time. The lowest I have ever been was 128 in highschool and that is when I was playing sports and having 2-a-day practices plus competitions, so I don't think I will ever be back to that weight (especially after 2 kids!). So I am thinking 140 - 145 is where I want to be. I would LOVE to be 135 again, but just not sure that is in the cards for me...So good to hear that this is normal for people our height!! Great post and good luck to everyone!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 6 inches - I have a small frame so around 130 is good for me. I have been within 10 pounds of 130 ( up or down) my whole life. I have been as low 120 but that is very hard for me to maintain---I always creep back up.

But every one is different and and you need to find your happy weight - your body will help you. It will depend on your frame, body type and age. What's good for one person maybe be too high or too low for someone else. You will find your balance , then when you maintain by healthy eating and exercise it will be your Happy weight!!!
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have a stocky build. I'm looking forward to seeing 150lbs again, but not much less When I went to college, I got down to 140lbs in a size 8 jean and looked sick.

150 is the top of the range for our height, but I don't want to be scrawny.
  • Athenry35
    Athenry35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    great topic for this 5'6.5" 'er....
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, feels like we 5'6"ers are a bunch of family members somehow, lol. My goal weight is 130lbs... I'm 6 pounds away now :D
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My goal is to weigh around 155. I am also curvy, nice round bootie and big boobs. I look healthy at this weight and have no bulges and everything looks tight. I have weighed as little as 135 in my 20's and all of my friends said that I looked sickly. If I were you, I would stick to 150 lb goal but don't go much lower.

THIS IS ME TOO!!!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", somewhere along the way I lost 3/4" ... My goal is also 150. It's about where I settled for many years after having my daughter. The lowest I remember being as an adult, was 128 in college, and that's when I was playing raquetball 5 times a week and was a size 4 slim.
  • abbyhand
    abbyhand Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 179 lbs. My goal weight is 165 lbs (I think). I see a lot of posts for people with goal weights of around 135-140, and I just can't imagine myself being that small! I have a very stocky/athletic build... At 190lbs in highschool I was a size 12 in most brands. I'm still that size now, I've just lost a lot of muscle that I had then. My thing is, I don't want to lose all of my curves, breasts (right now I'm a 36DDD so it won't hurt to lose some!), etc... haha. I guess I don't look like I weigh 180...

Anyway... my question is.. is 165 a healthy weight for my athletic frame, or should I be shooting for lower in the long run??
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and my goal is 165. I have a medium/large frame and I think anything smaller, I won't look very healthy. I have a similar build to my sister who is slightly taller. She's 150 and looks a little too small.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and currently 125; my goal is 120.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm totally loving this! It's like I have found "my group" LOL Thank you ALL! And feel free to add me!
  • themightymc
    themightymc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm same height. Currently at 141lbs. My highest weight was 145lbs a couple of months ago. Goal of 125-130. I look best at that. It's been super difficult to even lose 1lb at this point!!
  • Kat281084
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and ideally would like to get down to somewhere between 126 and 136 lbs, which means I would need to lose approximately 83 lbs. Seems so hard right now but my sis is doing it too so it will be nice to be able to go to her for support and vice versa.
  • Kat281084
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently 177 down from 228. I'm a size 10 now and my goal weight is 165 and would possibly get down to a size 8. I'm pretty bottom heavy with thick thighs, hips and booty :happy: I would like to keep my curves but slim down my thighs some and flatten this belly of mines.

That's awesome! I'm the same shape wise. Would really love to get rid of my thighs and not have the horrible fat rash anymore :(