Loved the MOVIE hated the BOOK

Options

Replies

• HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    #truth! I've hated every Stephen King movie that I've seen but LOVE his books!

Really? Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis, Needful Things...? Say it isn't so...

I didn't say which movies I have or haven't seen and same with the books lol I love Shawshank and Green Mile movies but I haven't read the books yet. So to edit my above comment all of Stephen King's horror books turned movies tend to suck... Christine, The Mist, Room 1408. I love the original Shining with Jack Nicholson but that's another one where I haven't read the book yet, but I thought I heard that Stephen King didn't like the original and so he took part in the mini-series remake so that it was more true to the book??
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I loved the ending in the movie for " Dear John." The ending in the book was not what I wanted to happen !

Me too!!!!!!!!!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs. My all time favorite movie. Could not stand the book.

The Twilight series. Not that the movies are great masterpieces, but, dear goodness, the writing in those books. ugh.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    ... said no one, ever.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I am usually a "the book is always better" kinda girl...but when if comes to the book/movie for Water for Elephants I changed my tune. I ADORE the movie but cant stand the book.

I loved the movie and the book! The movie definitely had a better flow without all the flashing back that was in the book.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Pet Cemetary
    Take it back!!!

Or at least spell it correctly.

Pet Sematery was fabulous as a book, as are all of Stephen's books. They can't do justice to his writing on a movie screen...

#truth! I've hated every Stephen King movie that I've seen but LOVE his books!

can not agree more!!!!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    haven't seen the show (because I can't stand the main character) but I'm going to guess that "Trueblood" the show is better than the books. Sookie Stackhouse makes me want to punch babies.

Also, going to put this out there, thought "The Help" was a better movie than book.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I came here to troll and say Lord Of The Rings...I see some people have already said it and the only feeling I have is..

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet.png
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have a show too - Vampire Diaries. I happen to think the show is fabulous, but I just gave up on the books after the third one. I'm sorry, but they're just plain dumb.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter. hate hate hate the books, kind of liked the movies though.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter. hate hate hate the books, kind of liked the movies though.

TROOOOOOOOOOLLLL in the dungeon! (ha ha sorry, the movies were terrible, I read the whole series of books every year!!)
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    The Notebook. Really, I just kind of hate Nicholas Sparks in general :laugh: :laugh:
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Harry Potter.

Didn't like the movies either, but I could at least tolerate them.
    Books sucked.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    The Wizard of Oz, love the movie, HATED the book, I could not wait for it to end, could not stand Dorothy. The Movie Stardust, can not say I hated the book, but the movie was def better.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Anal Angels 12.

some of that stuff just doesnt translate well on paper...

:noway: :laugh: You'll be the guy that manages to get a thread about books locked. emot-hfive.gif

thanks, i'll be here all night! unless of course, i get more strikes and get banned, in which case i wont be here all night. ;)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Anal Angels 12.

some of that stuff just doesnt translate well on paper...

Are you serious? I thought that was a great read...
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    Stephen King movies suck if he has anything to do with them. If he does they're usually like mini-series. The ones that are actual movies..are good. Such as The Green Mile good, because he had nothing to do with it =)
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    im going backwards on this one loved the book My sisters Keeper..... Movie sucked!!!! totally different ending ugh
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    "1408," a Stephen King short story movie adaptation, was great. John Cusack did a great job and the special effects were outstanding. Totally blew me away compared to the short story, which, while good, was not as good as the movie.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I didn't "hate" the book, but I did find that the movie "The Time Travelers Wife" was smoother than the book. I am a very avid reader, and I found I had to read parts of the book over again to be sure I understood what was happening...

Did you like the movie? I loved the book but all my friends told me not to watch the movie as it was horrible and would ruin the book for me.