Options

Replies

• lildeb8830
    Options
    I do, to keep myself honest!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Nah, most of the time it's only water weight. Goes away after a day or two of drinking more water. However, even if I did gain a pound or two, I like to use my most recent weight that I logged as motivation to remind me of where I was. I've never been as light as I am now so any update I put in reminds me that a lower weight it achievable for me.
  • Lifesauthour
    Lifesauthour Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every time a Weigh, I log. Period. It keeps me honest. Granted, I don't weigh often, once every couple weeks and I never kill myself over a pound here and a pound there.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do, because I like that "You'd weigh in five weeks" button. You can remove the post from your feed announcing you lost weight if you think it was just temporary TOM or water gain.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't log them here. I think I did in the beginning, but then I also logged my weight nearly every day. :) Now, I log my weight when I have maintained a loss. I do keep a journal of my own and record daily. I know that gains are just fluctuations. I have noticed that I don't lose for several days or weeks and then it drops all of the sudden and the cycle repeats.
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    I log mine, but I only weigh once a week
  • famuchic
    Options
    I have an "official" weigh in day that I will only log that number and if there is a gain on that day I would have cried as I logged it.
  • TraceAT
    TraceAT Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily (unless I'm away from home) and log whatever it is. My graph looks like an EKG readout, but I like seeing the reality of what's happening.

Ditto,
    I used to weigh myself weekly, but a couple of weeks or so ago I started to weigh daily but only logged it on my weigh-in day.
    I now log my weigh-ins every day because I think the graphs look a lot more interesting with the waves. I'm interested in the trends more then anything. So far gains haven't been high enough to bother me as overall the graph is on a steady decline.
    I have disabled my weight losses from posting to the news feed for fear of annoying my MFP buddies though.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday and I log whatever it is, gain or loss. If it is a gain, I look back on the week and try to see what adjustments I can make and do better the following week :)
  • Sharlaew
    Sharlaew Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week and log what ever the outcome is. Like a few others have said, it helps me stay honest with myself.
  • TMcSter
    TMcSter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't. It makes people's newsfeed loss postings misleading when they are gaining and losing the same pound over and over.

Good point, not only that but if you log a gain and then a loss and then a gain and then a loss and your MFP peeps are congratulating you I would think I would be a little discouraged that it was just a fluctuation. But at least your MFP peeps are congratulating you.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thank-you all so much! It has made my decision so clear! Love You All and Good luck!
  • kelsgosse
    kelsgosse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log daily regardless if I lost or gained. Helps me to find patterns or learn what I have done over the last week, month so when I look back I can see where I was strong or where I was weak.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im weighing every week now and logging gains or losses. I like to review where I am at using the "reports" tab :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    the only gain ive experienced is from water weight due to menstrual cycle.. and i dont log that.. i also dont log a loss unles it stays for a few days

This. I gain a couple of pounds during that time of the month, but it goes away immedaitely after, so I do not log it. I have not had an actual gain since I started, but if I did, I would log it.
  • FootballMum3Boyz
    FootballMum3Boyz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have had two small gains since I started in March, both were water weight but I still recorded them to be honest with myself :)
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    yup i log mine. most times mine are just water retention
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    OF COURSE!! I'm all about gains, just read my name!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Nope. No how, no way. If my scale won't cooperate (especially since I'm back to working out and eating more carbs, it's gone all wonky!) I just wait until it settles down and I can record a drop again.

A person can only endure so much heartbreak, and I quickly found out that logging gains is just too much to bear. :brokenheart:
  • BonyToni
    Options
    I log gains cos I am trying to gain weight but the ticker doesn't work properly for us "gainers" see below :-(