gym etiquette

Options
lbmore33
lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
so Im at the gym this afternoon on the treadmill (mine you Im the only person on treadmill row) after abt 30 mins, another person
decides he wants the treadmill right beside me. Again no other soul on the treadmills. I just wanted to hit stop and ask him...dude really...wth? at least skip a treadmill or something....and he is walking (im not knocking walking) but the pace he was going any other treadmill would have accommodated him just the same. Like going to the movies and someone sits beside you in an uncrowded movie...........unbelievable..............:explode:

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Do you own that treadmill?
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Gotta keep people on their toes every now and then.

The movie theatre one's a riot. Especially when you're by yourself in a chic flic.

I had to do a report on social faux pas for a psych class one time.
  • lbmore33
    Options

of course not but you would be okay with that....you would be thinking the exact same thing....cut it out
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have less of an issue with the person that is on the treadmill next to me and more of an issue with their perfume.

I know we all should be able to wear what we want, but there is a difference between covering up the smell of gym and drowning oneself in the bottle. The only person who needs to wear so much perfume that I can feel MY lungs burning when you walk through the door is a zombie.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

of course not but you would be okay with that....you would be thinking the exact same thing....cut it out

I would be okay with that.
    They are not running on the treadmill that I am running on, why do I care??
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I like to get into an elevator and stand as awkwardly close to the only other person in it as possible.

Also, joining someone in a section of a revolving door gets a funny response.

Love always,
    That dude on the treadmill next to you
  • lbmore33
    Options
    I like to get into an elevator and stand as awkwardly close to the only other person in it as possible.

Love always,

lol if it was you...wouldnt bothered me at all
  • cal_73
    cal_73 Posts: 77
    Options
    Maybe that treadmill had a good view - of a TV or hotties in a yoga class or something?
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    so Im at the gym this afternoon on the treadmill (mine you Im the only person on treadmill row) after abt 30 mins, another person
    decides he wants the treadmill right beside me. Again no other soul on the treadmills. I just wanted to hit stop and ask him...dude really...wth? at least skip a treadmill or something....and he is walking (im not knocking walking) but the pace he was going any other treadmill would have accommodated him just the same. Like going to the movies and someone sits beside you in an uncrowded movie...........unbelievable..............:explode:

I agree with you...sometimes it's nice to have your space especially when the gym is usually never empty!
  • lbmore33
    Options

i care b/c he had 15 to choose from... why get next to me...I cannot believe these comment from you ppl...im not buying any of this...........personal space...
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    super annoying...sum ppl.
  • Maybe that treadmill had a good view - of a TV or hotties in a yoga class or something?

always the ones I pick.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i love to creep people out by doing that
  • lbmore33
    Options

I agree with you...sometimes it's nice to have your space especially when the gym is usually never empty!

thx you...apparently you and I think someone alike....or were are the only ones to actually use a treadmill
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

Love always,

I've done that accidentally on more than one occasion.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Maybe he wanted your number.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

i care b/c he had 15 to choose from... why get next to me...I cannot believe these comment from you ppl...im not buying any of this...........personal space...

But he wasn't IN your personal space. He was in his own little bubble on his own treadmill. Sure he could've used another treadmill but maybe he likes that treadmill. Maybe it's his treadmill of power. I highly doubt he looked around the cardio room, saw you on the treadmill and said "I AM GOING TO RUIN THIS GUYS DAY." and proceeded to walk on the treadmill next to yours. You didn't say he was singing, dancing, going backwards, overall being a distraction on the treadmill. Just that he was on it. I mean honestly. You're blowing this out of proportion.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    id say maybe the view is better? i always used to use the same machines because they were the ones with the best view of the street below :D i like to people watch as i work out ....

that would get a heart attack from me i have a fear of revolving doors stopping and getting stuck in there :| eek!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

And I suppose it would also bother you if I piked the urinal right next to you when others are available, too? Grow up!
  • jessmarek00
    Options
    I have to agree. It's one thing if it's crowded, but if there's a sea of treadmills to pick from, why do you have to run next to me? Hate it. Major pet peeve. I often think about switching machines in the middle of my run when that happens (though I've yet to actually do that). I generally just fume in my head for a minute then try to ignore it.