red meat addict

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    tCp90.gif

I love vegetarian/meat eating/"meat is murder" discussions almost as much as i love debates about religion.

p.s. the use of fire to cook meat, the domestication of cattle and the change in the jaw/teeth of our ancestors was crucial to the evolution of our species, and the evolution of civilisation.

I love a good steak. Med-rare please

Pass the popcorn to snack on while my steak is grilling. It won't take as long as yours. I like my rare with a bit of blood oozing from it.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Crap...ACG is here...*air raid siren* all people who have a bias against any particular food, get into the shelter quickly! This guy's about to start bombarding everything you believe about particular foods being bad into the ground! I might dislike the guy if he wasn't always right. :laugh:

:laugh:

But it is true that he makes me laugh!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Our bodies tend to crave what we need, so you may be a bit low on iron. And cows may be cute, but they are stupid. Take it from someone who owns about 60 of them. No guilt there, believe me.
    ETA: Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder.
    Agreed. They are very stupid. They eat & poop. Don't feel guilty about eating red meat. What other purpose do cows serve?

Pigs are as (or more intelligent than) most dogs. Look it up. In fact, pigs can learn most tasks almost as fast as chimps...Would you eat a dog? Would you eat a chimp?

Would you cage a dog or a chimp in a tiny enclosure with 100,000 other dogs and chimps, then shoot them all in the head ...then eat them? . pigs probably know what suffering is, and fear.

So why cause them to be killed? Because they taste good?

That's a reason, sure, just not much of one.

Yes, pigs are quite intelligent. However, the comment was about cows. Cows are dumb. And yes, if I was hungry enough and had no other choice, I would eat a dog for the protein. I've heard that dog makes a fine meal.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Have you had your cholesterol or iron levels checked? If your numbers are good I don't see an issue.
  • vmatya01
    Options
    I think it all comes down to cultural backgrounds. Other countries eat dogs, cats, rats, rabits, horses and so on. To each their own.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Im a meat loving dinosaur, every meal I have has lots of protein. Nothing wrong with meat eaters LOL
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    All of this about someone thinking they have an iron defenciency. No place to argue ethics and crap. There are always gonna be people eating meat.... I like meat.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way until I watched this documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4DJh-L7Ys&feature=plcp

I went from Atkins diet (eating nothing but meat) to Vegetarian the second I watched it. That was two and half years ago and I haven't had any desire to eat meat since.

Watch http://www.Hulu.com/fat-head and you'll go back to eating meat. I ate nothing but meat/cheese/eggs/almonds for 7 months and lost 50 lbs and my cholesterol went from wacky to perfect, and my blood pressure is perfect now too. I do what's best for me. What's best for me involves eating lots of meat. For more low-carb+high-fat advice:
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
    http://nuclearfuzzgrunge.com/tlcm/
    http://reddit.com/r/keto
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    All I have to say to the militant vegans..... I'll be thinking of you when I make my deer chili this weekend!

Just finished processing my first kill of the season. Good eating awaits.

i love deer chili!!! i cant wait to get me some deer jerky :happy:

I think I'll have some deer heart and liver tonight. The 12 lbs of venison summer sausage I made is off the chain too.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I won't argue against agribusiness being completely out of hand, in fact, I agree completely. The problem is that due to state game laws, most people have no choice but to turn to mass produced meat. What's that? The state being in it with agribusiness? No waaay. Just another example among thousands of why I loathe our current legislative set up.

It's not just meat-eaters either. Ever notice the zoning laws in many places that prohibit people from growing large quantities of plants at their place of residence?

Are there really places where you can't find small farms within a 90 min. drive??? I live in Virginia where small family farms are plentiful so getting good quality grass fed animals for dinner is not an issue. We have also raised our own on multiple occasions. Are there really places that limit growing PLANTS on your own land??? Where are these places???
  • sanlock
    sanlock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great now I want a steak. Thanx, but first I need to know "Why is it that us meat eaters couldn't care less what you veggies eat, but as soon as someone mentions eating meat you veggies are all in their business and rather nasty about it to?" You act like you are all kind, loving and care about all living things but when it comes to other people you are so vicious.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I won't argue against agribusiness being completely out of hand, in fact, I agree completely. The problem is that due to state game laws, most people have no choice but to turn to mass produced meat. What's that? The state being in it with agribusiness? No waaay. Just another example among thousands of why I loathe our current legislative set up.

It's not just meat-eaters either. Ever notice the zoning laws in many places that prohibit people from growing large quantities of plants at their place of residence?

Are there really places where you can't find small farms within a 90 min. drive??? I live in Virginia where small family farms are plentiful so getting good quality grass fed animals for dinner is not an issue. We have also raised our own on multiple occasions. Are there really places that limit growing PLANTS on your own land??? Where are these places???

Boy that would be nice! I have been trying to find a place like that for years, but there haven't been any.

Yes, there are MANY municipalities that place limits on growing plants on your own property. The lack of respect for property by the state has gotten out of control. It's one more reason to vote Libertarian instead of Republicans and Democrats.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Great now I want a steak. Thanx, but first I need to know "Why is it that us meat eaters couldn't care less what you veggies eat, but as soon as someone mentions eating meat you veggies are all in their business and rather nasty about it to?" You act like you are all kind, loving and care about all living things but when it comes to other people you are so vicious.

Yes, they seem to care more about animals than people. It's a shame.
  • tdismydog
    tdismydog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    All I have to say to the militant vegans..... I'll be thinking of you when I make my deer chili this weekend!

Just finished processing my first kill of the season. Good eating awaits.

i love deer chili!!! i cant wait to get me some deer jerky :happy:

I think I'll have some deer heart and liver tonight. The 12 lbs of venison summer sausage I made is off the chain too.

big thumbs up to this got about 100 lbs of goose in my freezer waiting to be made into jerkey and deer gun season starts in 2 weeks!!! Woo Hoo!!!!:happy:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

I live in Virginia myself. Check out Richmond's zoning laws. It's ****ing retarded. Granted, I could drive out to Montpelier, or Buckingham within an hour and a half, but for me, that defeats the entire purpose of living in the city that I do. Why would I want to spend $40 in gas to go buy food that is just barely cheaper?
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Our bodies tend to crave what we need, so you may be a bit low on iron. And cows may be cute, but they are stupid. Take it from someone who owns about 60 of them. No guilt there, believe me.
    ETA: Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder.

Is there really a need to say something so horrible? :huh: Since when does stupidity equate to a life form being deserving of murder? I know a lot of very stupid people, but sure wouldn't eat them. What a dumb-*kitten* comment to make.

:)

Animals and people are not the same at all. Talk about a dumb-*kitten* comment. Killing animals is in no way shape or form, murder. I eat meat because its good. I dont care if they are cute or how bad it makes some people feel. I will walk through a chicken farm eating a bucket of KFC.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Yes, they seem to care more about animals than people. It's a shame.

:)
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Original topic: You may be low on iron get it checked out
    Off the topic: If you don't like the way mass produced animals are treated get meat from your local farmers or sustain on a kill it cook it lifestyle. Most people don't want to know where what they eat comes from and they don't want to know it has a face and get all freaked out about it.
    I have eaten a tenderloin right off the dear my boyfriend just shot, Helped him butcher it.
    I also have plucked the LIVING veg and ate it right away.
    Did you know plants have feeling too.
    I love animals ... but I love to eat them too! I also love veg I eat that too because as Humans we are Omnivores :wink: