Do You Log Gains

Options

Replies

• nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log on a monday morning and log whatever the scale says, this helps me to stay accountable and gives me an honest record.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I dont log my gains. It discourages me

^ This
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    yes, I log every couple of days, no matter what the scale says. Helps me see how different things affect my weight loss/weight gain and figure out some patterns...
  • tammytdt
    tammytdt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i only weigh once a week. i havent had a gain yet but i would log it
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't log my gains because it usually gets back to normal in day or two, I also don't log weight loss unless it stays for a week.
  • abbyat120
    abbyat120 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yes, i log every day no matter what. weighing myself every day is the best way for me to stay motivated... either i'm excited to continue because i've seen a loss or i know i have to kick *kitten* the next day because i went up or didn't lose on track...
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly but if I have a gain from one week to the next I don't log it until the next week. I figure if it's there after two weeks I need to change my current weight and it helps me see that what I'm currently doing actually isn't working and to pick it up a bit.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I log gains cos I am trying to gain weight but the ticker doesn't work properly for us "gainers" see below :-(

I've seen tickers where people were trying to gain. There is a section in goals where you can input whether you are trying to lose, gain, or maintain but I don't recall the steps to get in there. Maybe try technical support?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I do. I think it would be deceptive not to. Deceiving myself is the WORST thing I can do.

So once a week I weigh and good or bad I enter the weight that comes up. ):
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    No because it is usually water weight, menstrual water gain etc.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I only log a gains if it's progressive through out a span of two weeks minimum. Trending as an actual gain, vs temporary gains from water retention, muscle repair recovery, one bad food day - etc.

Usually my gains disappear after a week and results in either a loss or maintenance.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yes. It helps me keep track of what I'm doing right and wrong and when I need to step up my game. In other words, logging gains keeps me from getting lazy and giving up.
  • muse69jd
    muse69jd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I do log gains, although so far these appear to be down to evening weigh-ins when I am generally around 2 pounds heavier. I need to know how much more I have to lose, to keep motivated.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Only if it sticks around for a month or so. Usually, it's just a fluctuation.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Well, I do. (not the first day - sometimes I have salty movie popcorn, which is good for a 2 to 3 pound gain, but won't last long) When I look at reports I need to see an accurate reflection of my efforts. If I were to withhold my current weight or omit foods from my food diary, the data in my MFP account would be worthless. I'm not here to impress anybody. I want results. To get the results I want, I have to be honest with myself.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    No, I don't log gains - just because I can't bear to see my ticker going the wrong way! (I know that's not really a good reason! :embarassed: ). But I do take a note of it in my own diary.

I like the support and encouragement on MFP, but I don't like others knowing when I slip up!! Last Christmas I gained so much weight that I felt I couldn't ignore it - so I just completely reset my ticker (and came clean to my friends about it!) but hoping I don't ever have to do that again! :smile:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    No. Which is exactly why my weight ticker has been at a stand still for the last few months. I have been going back and forth between the same 4 pounds and it is driving me bananas. :sad:

Me too. :sad:
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day and put down what the scale says. I usually know when it's going to go up so it's more of a motivator not to over eat.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I do the majority of the time although I always know when I gain, it was b/c I ate bad or had WAY too much sodium and its all water weight. I like to go back and look at reports. I realize if I log it, I can go back and look at my diary for the couple days before I gained and see why. Just a good reminder for me! (Im also one of those freaky people who weigh every morning....so it would also depend on how often you are weighing)!
  • scrapfrfun
    Options
    My "weigh-in" day is Sunday morning, right after I get up and before I eat. And I log whatever the scale says. I think you're only cheating yourself if you're not logging gains.

This ^^