How do you like your tea?

Options
I recently started drinking tea regularly to help try to relax in the evening in place of coffee and I bought some regular hot brew tea. I love it with a couple spoonfuls of honey and a few squirts of lemon. I like it so much that I want to try something new next time but there are so many brands, flavors and mixes. What would be something good to try? What do you put in yours?

Replies

• gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I recently started drinking tea regularly to help try to relax in the evening in place of coffee and I bought some regular hot brew tea. I love it with a couple spoonfuls of honey and a few squirts of lemon. I like it so much that I want to try something new next time but there are so many brands, flavors and mixes. What would be something good to try? What do you put in yours?
    I make my tea with three tea bags (lipton, black), two packets of Splenda + Fiber, and 1.5 tsp of Italian Sweet Cream Coffee Mate.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I bought a variety of herbal teas, Cranberry, Apple Spice, Raspberry Zinger to name a few. I drink it plain, the flavours are intense enough I don't need to add any sugar. If anything, sipping them all day keeps me from snacking!
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    If I am going to drink tea, then I want it sweet and ice cold.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey and Lapsang Souchong are two of my faves, otherwise, just 2 ordinary teabags and some full fat goats' milk.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I bought a variety of herbal teas, Cranberry, Apple Spice, Raspberry Zinger to name a few. I drink it plain, the flavours are intense enough I don't need to add any sugar. If anything, sipping them all day keeps me from snacking!

Ooh that sounds like something fun for the holidays
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If I am going to drink tea, then I want it sweet and ice cold.

Lol are you from the south?
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I love chai tea - hot, with sugar and a bit of cream... so yummy!

I also like regular orange pekoe with honey.
  • sandra152
    Options
    I like my tea regular milk no sugar yum yum:smile:
  • craftybirdy
    Options
    I love peppermint or any mint tea. It helps wake me up at work without the caffeine. I also drink a lot of chamomile or sleepytime tea to wind down at night. I rarely put anything in my tea unless I'm doing a strong one like English Breakfast, then it gets half a pack of truvia.
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    My favorite tea is Lipton Green Tea Orange, Passion Fruit & Jasmine. I'll drink it hot or cold.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A nice, high quality black tea. Hot. In a cup. The end.

I've got some Indian black with caramel chunks in it. I'm ordering some black with strawberry to try. And some Ceyleon Black with orange peel and safflower blossoms. Good tea isn't too cheap (these are low end at $5/oz), but IMHO worth it.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Strong organic green tea, plain and hot. 4 times a day.

I'll drink almost any other tea, too. No sugars, cream or milk added.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    GREEN.... and warm preferably ;)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking sweet tea. Then one time in college, I made myself some tea, added sugar, then it got left out. It soon had mold it in. So I quit putting sugar in my tea after that. Now I only put sugar in my tea if it's hot tea, and then sometimes it's honey, especially for green tea.

I hardly drink tea anymore though. :ohwell:
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I buy and drink a variety of tea - typically I drink mostly green tea. Mother in law signed me up for a tea of the month club - it's loose leaf tea and I've really enjoyed discovering all the different types out there. Don't add anything to my tea.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I drink my tea straight. I only drink green tea.
    No sugar, honey...anything.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like Fruit Tea and Green tea after a tedious work out. To sweeten it up I use great value sweetener. (Generic splenda?)

Both are 0 calories =-D
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My England friend started me on PG Tips. It us my favorite! I drink it hot with milk. It is how I start every day. I also like most of the Celestial Seasonings teas.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I drink loose leaf Japanese "brown rice tea" It's delicious. I buy it in a big bag from the Asian market (Marukai) for a couple dollars.

It looks like this: large.jpg

Edited to say: Nothing added to this. It tastes nutty, earthy, and smells of toasted rice.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Good tea doesn't need anything extra. Green and white tea needs to be unadulterated, they are too magical and subtle for extras.

I DO love brewing a strong cup of chai tea and adding some whole milk and a little extra cinnamon or cardamom :) It's totally a dessert tea for me.

I agree that loose leaf tea makes a huge difference!