what goes with salmon?

Options

Replies

• jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Cous cous with chorizo, spring onions and sun-dried tomatoes.
    That sounds amazing!
  • b1g_tun4
    Options
    Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Cut in Wedges
    Brush with Olive Oil
    Sprinkle with Cardamom
    Roast at 400 for an hour
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I love my salmon plain...pan fried with a squeeze of lemon and sprinkling of sea salt and served with new potatoes and green veg or a salad. I sometimes make a watercress sauce from the pan juices with some light creme fraiche, chopped watercress and season to taste.

Thank you! The watercress sauce sounds delicious.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cous cous and steamed veggies.
  • slimjoycenow
    slimjoycenow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love my salmon with broccoli with chilli flakes, and soy sauce.
  • BettyChampion
    BettyChampion Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I make a delicious salad to go with my salmon .....with lettuce, tomatoes, cuecumber, feta cheese and pine nuts :happy:
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    a garbage can. fish is gross :)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I had salmon for lunch today, I ate it with a tomato and cucumber salad that was dressed with balsamic reduction. Yum :)

Rice goes really well with salmon, too... if you are looking to add a carb.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash sprinkled with either parmesan cheese or feta cheese, delish!:flowerforyou:
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love salmon steaks. Just wondering what ideas you have. I had a simple meal with beans and sweet potato tonight. Jaimie oliver has a recipe with lentils in 20 min meals im going to try. What do u eat with salmon?

It's hard to say calories because they will vary on rice/rice noodles and the amount u have less noodles more veg brings it in around 400 which is good for a dinner and its nice and filling.

Make a marinade 1 spoon of each (tablespoon for 5ish people):

Garlic (finely chopped or paste)
    Brown Sugar
    Ginger (fresh or powdered again finely chopped)
    Dark Soy Sauce
    Honey (runny)
    Chilli - reduce/increase to taste
    Olive Oil

Put salmon in tin foil, pour over marinade leave 30 mins max then bang in the oven for 25ish mins until cooked. While its cooking stir fry green beans, broccoli and whatever other veg u like I do mine 0 oil with some lemongrass paste, get some rice or rice noodles, put veg on top of noodles/rice, put salmon on top of that and pour over a bit more of the marinade. It's deliciously sticky lush sexy.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    love it with asaparagus, but also with green beans, side of rice, with side salad (I make dressing from soya sauce and oil so it tastes like japanese style salad)
    salmon is my absolutely fav fish
    I do something similiar. Delish!
  • limegreenDE
    Options
    Roasted brussels sprout halves! Really simple - toss with salt, pepper and a tiny bit of olive oil - roast at 400 for about a 1/2 hour.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    With whole wheat capellini, tarragon, tomatoes, shallot, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil serve with a piece of wild salmon that is cooked in olive oil, lemon juice, tarragon and shallot...
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I recently did some Copper River salmon with this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/asian-grilled-salmon-recipe/index.html

Its dijon mustard, low sodium soy sauce, olive oil and garlic. I added a pinch of chinese 5 spice and also broiled it instead of grilling. It was amazing! Next time I think I might use a spicy brown mustard instead of dijon and play with some different spices.

After eating the first piece right out of the oven the first night, I broke up the cold remainder over a giant green salad the next night!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I serve it on a bed of rice with a Ceasar salad on the side.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, braised baby bok choy, golden beets if I have them.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Sometimes Superstore will have the green giant simply steamers on sale for a buck and I'll buy about 10 of em. I'll usually pair my salmon with that. It's just too easy and cheap to pass up on. And it always tastes great.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love salmon steaks. Just wondering what ideas you have. I had a simple meal with beans and sweet potato tonight. Jaimie oliver has a recipe with lentils in 20 min meals im going to try. What do u eat with salmon?

Broccoli, sweet potato, dill, lenntils, collard greens, kale, brown rice
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    bumping for later read !
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your healthy ideas. I totally forgot about lemon juice! These ideas will keep me going for months.