Drinks Anyone?????

Options

Replies

• _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I can never give it up - so it's Jack and Diet Coke for me.
  • sespinoza0614
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!!! I'm a drinker....Not every night, but 2 times a week...easy!!!!! :drinker:
  • sespinoza0614
    Options
    :drinker: MEEEEE TOOOOO!!!!!!
  • BurkYoung
    Options
    If for getting shmammed:
    vodka with club soda and lime - 100 cals
    super light beer (mich ultra, bud select, etc) - under 100 cals

If going for quality (like 1 with dinner):
    8oz of pinot noir - 190 cals

What she said... the body treats alcohol as a sugar so its not a great thing but if you count them (calories) honestly in your daily totals you will be fine... besides if you are honest, you are digesting quickly and it takes less alcohol to get the job done lolololol

One of my favorites is Jose Cuervo Zero Calorie Margarita mix... only calories are from tequilla :-)

Lime please....
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
  • sespinoza0614
    Options
    YaaY!!!!!! I didnt even know that exist....0 zero calorie Margarita Mix....That makes me smile :happy: Thx!!!!!!
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 glasses of wine a night (12oz total). I also have one cheat night a week. I'm only losing about a 1 pound a week...would probably lose 2 if not for the cheat night but I'd rather lose slowly and enjoy myself. Being a parent I need that night!!!
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    Alcohol and social situations are the toughest part of staying on track for me. Here are a few things I try to do...

- Wine with diet cranberry sparkling juice (new from Ocean Spray)
    - Vodka soda lime (lowest calorie mix drink I know of)
    - Stay away from shots because they lead to more bad decisions
    - Drink an extra glass of water with every alcoholic drink beyond my 8 glasses per day
    - Exercise in advance to earn the amount of calories I want to drink
    - Plan out what I'm going to drink before I go out so I know if I drink more, I'm definitely going beyond my limit and goal
    - Show up mid way through or not at all for excessive drinking situations
    - Focus on having fun without needing the buzz instead of drinking in order to have more fun

Hope that helps! Good luck :)
  • ivagirl1
    Options
    This is all good advice.. its all in the planning I guess..
  • Sheirai
    Sheirai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of wine most nights (for health reasons, lol...) and every so often I like to have more. I treat it like any other "treat food"; that is, I try to balance with exercise and the rest of my diet, but if I don't, I try not to let it derail me. For me, it's the overall picture that counts.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    If for getting shmammed:
    vodka with club soda and lime - 100 cals
    super light beer (mich ultra, bud select, etc) - under 100 cals

If going for quality (like 1 with dinner):
    8oz of pinot noir - 190 cals

What she said... the body treats alcohol as a sugar so its not a great thing but if you count them (calories) honestly in your daily totals you will be fine... besides if you are honest, you are digesting quickly and it takes less alcohol to get the job done lolololol

One of my favorites is Jose Cuervo Zero Calorie Margarita mix... only calories are from tequilla :-)

Lime please....

No. I'm not sure why many people think this..But, the body does NOT treat alcohol as sugar AT ALL. You might want to Google "Ethanol Metabolic Pathway" or check this one out to get better educated on how the body breaks down and utilizes energy from alcohol via conversion in the liver. http://flipper.diff.org/app/pathways/2980
  • simong79
    Options
    I usually stick to Jameson Whiskey with Diet Rite. Maybe 1 or 2 a night. If I am out and about I will drink Michelob Ultra in moderation.

I keep track of it all in MFP.
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    Options
    Wine spritzer, half wine half sparkling water. Ok sometimes I put more wine less water!
  • Fandabidebbie
    Options
    Alcohol is my biggest issue. Food and nutrition isn't a problem for me. A mate comes over once a week and we can get through a lot of wine. I started making a pot of tea to get through before we open the wine, it kinda works cos it's less drinking time. I also put a specific time to end the evening and try and stick to it otherwise we could drink into the night. Hope it helps.
  • Rebane1
    Rebane1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I liked to have a beer (or more) in the evenings. Or a glass of wine (or more). One day I made the decision - it has to change. Now I am tasting different beers and wines. More exotic, more interesting but more expensive (the last part reduces the amount nicely)! In that way I really think what I am drinking and why. Plus the amount has reduced a lot. Worked for me :)
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I keep enough calories in reserve to have a glass of red wine in the evening, or a gin and tonic :drinker: It occassionally turns into 2 but I've still lost nearly 2 stone since May, so just be moderate. I find if I make something completely off limits food wise, its hard not to feel deprived.

What was said above...."so just be moderate" and be prepared to see a slight fluxation in your weight. Chase with a water...pretend it's a vodka on the rocks. Then the next couple of days really burn it up in your workouts.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If it fits within your goal, go for it.

exactly. That's what I will be doing the minute I leave work today!

Me too!

Im going to the races tomorrow so will be drinking all afternoon - Ive done some serious workouts this week to pre-empt the calories ill be taking in.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    mmmmm Crown and coke zero --- is it quitting time yet
  • cctc21np
    cctc21np Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I catch a buzz fast when I'm watching my calories so I have to be really careful but then I waste less calories on drinking...My favorite is diet 7up and orange vodka with an orange slice. My biggest problem is I tend to get the munchies after I drink. I think I would have no problem staying at 1200 calories if I didn't go out for drinks. I feel like I go to the gym specifically to work off drinks and munchie food but I'm o.k. with that. It's worth the good times! :drinker:
  • pinkcole
    pinkcole Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a parent as well>> of 2 teens!!! So I appreciate the mom's night off!! :explode:

With the cooler weather, my choice of chemical relaxation is mulled wines. You can use diet cranberry, other juice, or even water with a white or blush wine and I don't think the calories are too excessive to 'fit' in.
    I'm still new in the app, but I will definitely be saving up the alcohol calories and searching for calorie-cheap alcohol recipes!

mulledwine.jpg