How do you like your tea?

Options

Replies

• stbrad6896
    Options
    Also any hot tea with mint is awesome right after a meal. And I read somewhere that drinking a glass of warm water or tea with or right after each meal helps with weight loss and digestion.... not sure how true it is but I def feel better when I do
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    I LOVE tea! I never add sugar of any kind. I drink a lot of green tea and black tea. I have been picking some of my wild spearmint leaves lately and squeezing lemon in it. I also like black tea with also me grated ginger and a cinnamon stick. But I agree with others that loos leaf tea is the way to go. And get good quality. It makes quite the difference.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Black tea straight up!

Some times Indian Masala Chai - Ginger/Cardamom/Cinnamon infused tea with milk
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I love all tea except the iced tea not sure why but I just cannot do it lol Early grey is great, irish breakfast tea and one of my favourites is Chinese tea. Oolong is a nice one as is Jasmin.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey, Hot.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TEA! I love Madame Flavour tea (all of them) and good old green tea. Also partial to Twinnings English Breakfast on a cold day.

When I have a garden, I really love to make my own tea. A few mint or lemon balm leaves in hot water is heaven, and on a hot day with the mint you can add a little hot water, leave it for a minute or two then pour icy cold water over top, add more ice and it makes the best iced peppermint tea. Sometime I experiment and add a little lavendar, citrus juices and even thyme to my teas. Mint is a great base and masks some of the more bitter flavours of other herbs.

Must go an buy myself a herb planter for my balcony!
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    PG Tips, brewed strong, milk and a splenda
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey. Hot. One pack of splenda.

This!!
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    I love tea. English breakfast tea milk and no sugar. I really miss tea when I go on holiday. Nothing tastes like a cup of English breakfast tea in England.Even if it is made with the same brands as I buy at home it does not taste the same! I have ordered tea in many bars and restaurants all over the world much to my kids disgust when the sun is beating down and everyone else is drinking cold drinks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't really get the taste for iced tea. :drinker:
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    With jam and bread...
    Yup ^ I'm an obsessive black tea drinker but I also go nuts for matcha.
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love the spicy Bengal Spice brewed 10 minutes. It's warming and needs no extra sweeteners as cinnamon does the job nicely!
  • silty
    silty Posts: 3
    Options
    Bigelow green tea with chai.
    Sometimes I drink it plain and sometimes I add a packet of sweet'n'low. But I've never thought of adding extra cinnamon before, I might have to try that....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I like mine weak and either room temperature or with ice in it. (I brew it strong and then dilute it to drink throughout the day.) My favorites are peppermint, green tea and white tea. Sweetened tea, to me, is nasty.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love Tazo Zen tea, Celestial Seasonings green tea with antioxidants (it has white tea and citrus in it which gives it a nice flavor), peppermint tea (any brand is pretty good), chamomile tea (ditto), and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea (it's my favorite herbal tea).

I drink my tea black.

ETA: I looooooooove black iced tea but it can be really difficult to find a good one. A lot of coffee shops and restaurants overbrew their iced tea and give it a burnt taste that I cannot stand. I tend to brew my own at home. I prefer it unsweetened.
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    I am a tea freak! I have ADHD and it is how I self-medicate. I love coffee too, but it makes me jittery if I have more than one cup. I have an entire cupboard FULL of different kinds of tea. I am not a fan of sweetened tea...dont know why it just doesnt appeal. I have a wonderful mix for fruity iced tea that is AWESOME!! I use 5 or 6 regular lipton tea bags and two celestial season tangerine orange zinger (this makes a pitcher, not just one glass) and then sometimes I will will throw in a tea bag or two of stash raspberry pomegranate with matcha. Its super yummy! I also like to make peppermint iced tea. Sleepytime tea is awesome for winding down in the evenings and it is sort of sweetish on its own. There are a few teas I will drink sweetened and that is Chai of course... I like it with honey and soy milk. My winter time favorite is in place of hot cocoa because I am not such a fan of that either. I buy the celestial seasons candy cane lane tea and I brew it strong and then I add a little half and half and some honey. It is almost like drinking a buttermint. Sooooo good!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My sister got some dried mint and some local sort of weed looking thing. We use it to make our own tea. Tastes great AND helps with allergies!

Is that "weed looking thing" nettle, maybe? My grandpa used to take that for his allergies.
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    My sister got some dried mint and some local sort of weed looking thing. We use it to make our own tea. Tastes great AND helps with allergies!

Is that "weed looking thing" nettle, maybe? My grandpa used to take that for his allergies.

ooohhh! Good to know!
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    teavana makes reeeeeally good tea. loose leaf and you can order it online
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love caffeine free herbal teas and I especially like them iced with nothing else added.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Bewleys, Tetley, Barry's or Lyons tea with a drop of milk