Chicago Vs New York The Pizza Debate

Options

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Chicago..giordano's pizza.

I can't be dealing with having a communion wafer as a crust, either.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    NY
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Favorite Chicago Pizza place?

New York Pizza place??

This place called Vinny's in my neighborhood. :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Chicago, specifically Giordanos YUM! :love:

Oh HELL YES!!!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm from Long Island and I've been to Chicago many times, frequented Giordano's and Gino's. I love Chicago.

But that's not pizza. It's like a pie with tomato filling and cheese for icing. I can eat about once slice before I feel like I'm going to puke.

This. If you can't eat it with your hands, it's not pizza!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    8813393.jpg
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I totally prefer New York pizza. But I live in NC, so I can't get REAL NY pizza down here.
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Neither. They both suck. I grew up in Louisiana though,so the food sucks everywhere else you go from there.

Though, stylistically, I like both depending on my mood...my favorite pizza in LA(and that's Louisiana as opposed to L.A.) is a New York style from a local chain, whereas here in TX it's more deep dish style.

From a resteraunt/pizzeria, it's Chicago style all the way if I'm eating to enjoy it.

Would that be Brooklyn Pizzeria on Vets?? I'm from N.O. and think the same as you; anywhere outside of LA does not compare to the flavor and variety of our food!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Okay...Chicago has the best hands down. You want deep dish...Giordano's have everyone beat. You like thin crust...Beggar's Pizza is the place to go. You want to try something different...get shrimp and sausage on your pizza. Oh yeah..it's that good!

Signed,
    born and raised Chicagoan :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If I have to pick between those two, definitely New York style!

But I love a real, authentic Neapolitan pizza even more!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Neither. They both suck. I grew up in Louisiana though,so the food sucks everywhere else you go from there.

Though, stylistically, I like both depending on my mood...my favorite pizza in LA(and that's Louisiana as opposed to L.A.) is a New York style from a local chain, whereas here in TX it's more deep dish style.

From a resteraunt/pizzeria, it's Chicago style all the way if I'm eating to enjoy it.

Would that be Brooklyn Pizzeria on Vets?? I'm from N.O. and think the same as you; anywhere outside of LA does not compare to the flavor and variety of our food!

So you say NY style pizza sucks, but your favorite place is a pizzeria that serves NY style pizza and is even called Brooklyn.... Makes no sense. :huh: :noway:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

lol... no. i've been to NOLA plenty of times and i love it there, and the food is outstanding... but the pizza in the Quarter is horrible. it is only edible at 3am when you're $h!tfaced
  • rae_rae330
    rae_rae330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    admittedly i've never been to chicago and although i do like thick crust from time to time...it's gotta be NY! i've been away from NY for almost a year now and what i wouldnt do for a good slice of NY pizza and a bagel!!
  • neesh200
    neesh200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    NYC Baby!!!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    New York! Nom! Last time my husband and I were there we ate the same pizza two nights in a row because it was so good.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I live like 2.5 hours from Chicago and it does nothing for me hahaha food or otherwise...

12hrs from NY and I'm DYIN to go

I've had BOTH styles of pizza - NY
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Less crust, more toppings. Thats my favorite kind of pizza :bigsmile:

Havent ever had a "deep dish" style, but if it's all crust then forgeddaboudit.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a Kuna burger than a deep dish pizza
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like both... deep dish with pepperoni from Gino's in Chicago is pretty yummy BUT my favorite is a good ol New York slice! No one does it like NYC.
  • ibazz
    ibazz Posts: 3
    Options
    True New York has good Pizza! but the Chicago deep dish/stuffed there is nothing but love in them there pie shells!!!!