Do You Log Gains

Options
1234568»

Replies

• gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No. Which is exactly why my weight ticker has been at a stand still for the last few months. I have been going back and forth between the same 4 pounds and it is driving me bananas. :sad:

This is exactly what I have experienced, but it has only been one month!
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    yes I log gains as I'm also maintaining its usually a couple of lb over never under :( but like to do it on usual day
  • opsniht
    opsniht Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday, so obviously its up and down. I only log it, if it's a gain that lasts more than a few days.
  • colesproudmama
    colesproudmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I think you should log gains on a weekly basis. I only log weigh ins once a week. It is helpful to weigh daily just to see how you are trending and keep yourself in check. However, if you are only logging weekly weigh-ins you should still log gains. That way the next week when you lose after a gain you will feel better about it. Rather than beating yourself up all over again :) GL
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I usually only gain (or really fluctuate) between a pound or two every couple of days. I do not log these. I only log losses.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My "weigh-in" day is Sunday morning, right after I get up and before I eat. And I log whatever the scale says. I think you're only cheating yourself if you're not logging gains.

This ^^

This is a good point.
  • careyannal
    Options
    I do, if it stays on for a couple days. But I also only log losses if they stay there for a few days. (Obviously I weigh daily)
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but my "official" weigh day is Friday. Every Friday morning, after using the restroom and before eating anything, I weigh myself and that's my official weight for the week. I log it every time, good or bad. Yes, it might be up and that might be water weight, but then my next weigh in will be back to normal. I think it's important to be honest with myself, lying to myself is how I got to 220 pounds.
  • ThinVee
    ThinVee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh on a schedule. I log every time I weigh. What good does it due to not log a gain? Spotting trends should be helpful.

I have to agree with this statement. MFP is a learning tool for me and spotting trends is not only helpful, but a reality check.
    Speaking strictly for myself, all too often I've let the pounds creep up while looking the other way. By immediately 'checking ourselves' we can immediately make changes, reevaluate and adjust our eating, exercise, rest, etc...
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose weight I only counted once a week for an official weigh in. On maintenance I am allowing myself to fluctuate between 150-155. Right now I am just leaving it as what it is 62lbs lost which is about 154. I don't adjust it when I am little lighter around 151.
  • Michshellars
    Options
    I do, keeps you honest! :) But I think weighing yourself more than once a week keeps you too focused on the number on the scale, instead of focusing on how you feel - if your clothes feel looser, if you feel stronger, etc. Anyway muscle weighs more than fat so you could have gained some muscle.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since I joined, but if I did weigh myself and I gained I would.

I'm really trying to change out of a weight mentality, thus the not weighing in. I would rather worry about inches and how clothes fit. Plus I've been lifting weights and I can feel muscles that I didn't have before so I could be gaining for all I know right now. But I feel great and my arms are getting slightly defined, so the gain isn't bad. :)