Replies

• nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Level 2 started today!! I miss level 1 :(
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 1 is DONE!! Thank goodness! I'm now watching Level 2 and am looking forward to Monday morning!

I've been meaning to take measurements but keep forgetting!

Ugh, I still have 2 more days. Which will be done sunday and monday. Then tuesday is either going to be cardio or rest day for me, depending on what happens with work. :\ In fact, Its going to be super hard to find time for exercise when I start a job!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I'm starting today. I actually found the dvd on youtube thanks to another post on here, so I am going to start my 30DS tonight when I get home. I want to be able to get through this entire series before I attempt Insanity again. I tried Insanity and it was an epic fail!

I don't even want to think of doing insanity. It seems awful. I'm happy doing Jillian DVD's :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Yeah I'm doing it too! AAGAIN :3

I found the youtubes, and I stream it through my xbox in the living room. Good times. I'm on day 2, level 1. I can't wait to kick it's *kitten* again. And then I'm going to try the 30day ripped.

That sounds awesome. :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I don't want to go through all the responses but does anybody know an approximate calorie count on this if you make it through the whole video? I will be starting level 1 day 1. The last time I tried to start this I could only get through about 15 minutes of it and then called Jillian every name I could think of and put the dvd away! I've had a little bit more conditioning since then and am ready to give her another chance.

edit to add * when I had set the stopwatch on my fitbit it said I had only burned like 20 calories and I'm pretty sure even in 15 minutes of staying with it I burned more than 20 calories.

I always list it under Circuit Training, and most other people do as well :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Did Day 2 of level one yesterday and it was harder to do than the first day. I can tell my muscles were tired. I think I'm also going to do shred, shred, cardio, shred, shred, cardio, rest. My thighs are sore from the lunges and my shoulders from the anterior raises with 5lb weights. I need to buy 3lb weights for those, otherwise 5lb weights are ok for the other moves. I may even use 8lb weights for the chest flys. Today, I will do Zumba and then back at it tomorrow :).

That's a good idea. My body has issues with Shin Splints if I do i more than 2 days in a row. So I kind of have to do the whole cardio and rest days.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Just finished day 9, level 1! Last day tomorrow then onto level 2! I previewed level 2 and am a little anxious! It looks HARD!!!

It may be tough, but it will give you good results. I cant wait till I'm on level 2. I'm so BORED of level 1. I don't even listen to jillian anymore, I just mute my dvd player and put music on while doing it, its the only way I'm getting through it!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Level 2 started today!! I miss level 1 :(

I probably will when I get there, but level 1 is too boring. And I don't feel it doing much anymore with my legs. :\
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    If it is boring why don't you move on to level 2?
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 1 is DONE!! Thank goodness! I'm now watching Level 2 and am looking forward to Monday morning!

I've been meaning to take measurements but keep forgetting!

Ugh, I still have 2 more days. Which will be done sunday and monday. Then tuesday is either going to be cardio or rest day for me, depending on what happens with work. :\ In fact, Its going to be super hard to find time for exercise when I start a job!
    You can do it!
    Once you start a job you'll just have to squeeze in a workout whenever it works best for you. Good luck!!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. I actually found the dvd on youtube thanks to another post on here, so I am going to start my 30DS tonight when I get home. I want to be able to get through this entire series before I attempt Insanity again. I tried Insanity and it was an epic fail!

I don't even want to think of doing insanity. It seems awful. I'm happy doing Jillian DVD's :)

I've had a friend suggest to me P90X. I'm looking into it before I buy it. My computer doesn't do well with YouTube, so I'd have to buy a program. After Jillian.... hmmm.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I had absolutely no energy to exercise yesterday. But it was day 8 for me today! And the first time I actually felt strong during doing push ups. Yay me!

I can see my face becoming slightly slimmer. Woohoo!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Just finished day 9, level 1! Last day tomorrow then onto level 2! I previewed level 2 and am a little anxious! It looks HARD!!!

It may be tough, but it will give you good results. I cant wait till I'm on level 2. I'm so BORED of level 1. I don't even listen to jillian anymore, I just mute my dvd player and put music on while doing it, its the only way I'm getting through it!

I watched the first half of Level 2 today - oh boy. I think I'm gonna die once I start doing these exercises. Do you do the advanced version of all exercises? Upped your weights?
  • elkay13
    elkay13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2!! This is the second time for me, but I've decided that I'm not moving onto the next level until I can do all the moves without any breaks! Please add me if anyone would like to keep up the encouragement! I'm trying to lose weight for when I head to FL in January! I want to be in a bikini!! I love the shred!!
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of 30ds. The first day wasn't too bad, but I was SO sore on days 2 and 3. I am determined to finish, even at 56! It is great reading all the posts. I am using 5#Weights because it was what I had. My usual rest day is Sunday and I plan on sticking to that plan if I can. Deer hunting may interfere as I have no internet there. I am also running at least three days a week. We can do this!!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    If it is boring why don't you move on to level 2?

Because I want the full 10 day's worth. I upped my weights so it's more of a challenge, but I still want the 10 days out of every level.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I had absolutely no energy to exercise yesterday. But it was day 8 for me today! And the first time I actually felt strong during doing push ups. Yay me!

I can see my face becoming slightly slimmer. Woohoo!

That's awesome! Day 8 was today for me as well :)
  • yancymichele
    yancymichele Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i finished day 9 level 1 today ...1 more day til level 2...looking forward to it. i just noticed this thread today..enjoying seeing everyones progress. and hoping to keep up steam to finish.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 yesterday. I did it with 2.5kg weights mostly. I paused to get rythme but didnt stop. It definately worked up a sweat but I was fine today when I went to the gym today. Lets hope it stays that way for day two tomorrow
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Day 9 completed! And my first REAL push-up ever completed as well! How cool is that? 9 days ago I wasn't able to even think about doing the modified version. This is so encouraging. I am starting to feel so comfortable in this level I almost regret tomorrow will be the last day of it...

The last 2 days I had to push myself to work out though. I need to look at the before and after pics again - they are so motivating! I mean, just look at them!!! You are going to be one of those people!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread