Do you guys eat your burned calories?

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Nope, as a rule I don't eat them back. On the rare occasion that I go over a few calories, it is nice not to see the red numbers! I am on track to lose 2 pounds per week. I have 500 built into calorie deficit and burn an additional 500 to get the 1000 total deficit to lose the 2 pounds per week. I also have over 50 pounds still to lose, so this rate works for me at this point.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I do not.

But don't you know that you will not lose any weight if you don't?? Oh wait. never mind. :wink:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    yes. it helps me gain weight for lifting.
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    Maybe,it depends on the exercise I've done.
  • scrapfrfun
    Options
    Nope, unless I have a high calorie exercise burn kind of day and then will eat half back. When I did WW, I never ate the extras they gave me either ... Good Luck!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes - I'm only aiming for 1lb at week loss. If I'm having a high calorie day then I log the food first so I know how much exercise I will have to do to balance things out.
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Should eat some of them to keep metabolism at its peak. I try to eat at least 50% of them, some days it is a challenge - today I have run 18.5 miles so it would be difficult to do it.
  • ambate2
    ambate2 Posts: 61
    Options
    In general, I try not to. If I've worked out and have extra calories, I may eat some of them, but in general, I try not to eat over 100 calories over my allotment. I do have my days where I end up eating them all or even going over, but those are few and far between.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I do, mostly on Days that I have night school. You're brain needs the extra calories to do all that thinking!
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    No I never do, only because I find it hard to manage my 1,500 a day I have set for myself.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yes, but my net calorie goal is set at 1000.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, yes. I save some extra for the weekends, then try to have a couple of hundred left at the end of the week to cover any errors I may have made. I'm pretty close to my goal, though, so I aim for a loss of 1 pound/week.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I eat until I feel satisfied when I workout. Not over stuffed. That being said, I also burn a lot of calories in my workout. To eat back all of my exercise calories would entitle an extreme binge daily, and that is not sustainable. So I do what I feel comfortable with. I listen to my body. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I never do.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

wow I thought the minimum net goal was 1200???
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    yes but then I don't do a huge amount of exercise :-)
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Always.
  • foodcallsme
    Options
    I don't. I might bank them or save them in case I go over my calories on other days.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

wow I thought the minimum net goal was 1200???

Just to add my goal with MFP has been 1200 + exercise for a year and I always ate my exercise cals. been in maintenance for a few months at 1600 + exercise and still eat them back. Nom nom nom
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If I am hungry, then definitely, but sometimes I don't feel like it.