Hurricane Sandy

Options
Rhia55
Rhia55 Posts: 247
To anyone here who is in Sandy's direct path, please be safe... I'm lucky being in Ohio I guess even though we're going to get a sidekick from her too...

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I will be in the path of this awful storm.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I ain't afraid of no hurricane!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Long Island is getting the edge of the storm, which could either result in a soggy couple of days, or some damaging winds and sleet. Either way, Halloween is more than likely canceled, which sucks because for the first time in three years, my fiance and I were actually going to go out and enjoy it. :grumble:
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    We're supposed to get high winds and rain in Ohio from Sandy... nothing major I hope, but I doubt there will be Beggar's Night here either. Unless they hold it earlier than normal, before the storm hits.
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    I ain't afraid of no hurricane!

:laugh: you a bad**s hurricane yourself huh
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Most of the people I love are in Sandy's direct path. I am trying really hard to remember that news is often hyped. I am very worried that some of them will be without power for two weeks, that's what the utility companies are telling people.

Some of my friends have livestock they need to care for, and some of my family have houses right on or very close to the beach.

It's very hard to watch from out here in Michigan. Sandy, leave my people alone!
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank-you :heart:
  • juliepoe208
    juliepoe208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We are definitely in it's path where VA and MD meet by the water. Thanks, I pray you all are safe as well. Not looking forward to losing power and not knowing what else is coming.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    eff Sandy!! i'm going to the Jets game tomorrow!!!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am in South jersey - Ground Zero - it's getting nerve wracking, they are already in Emergency Management mode - have never seen anything like this before. Thanks for the thoughts, hopefully it will weaken.
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im right in her path here in NJ. Hopefully all will end well. I will surely lay low. Thanks.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Be safe from LA
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was praying for some rain here in central FL but not a drop. Sounds like OH may be affected to a greater extent--with snow!!?? Is that really possible? Anyway, hope you stay safe!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Here in Texas we get some effect from hurricanes. But weather is pretty harsh round HEEERRRR! haha
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I'm in NJ... Where supposed to get hit hard.. apparently there is a storm from west that will touch down too. Just have to pray for best. Thanks
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    eff Sandy!! i'm going to the Jets game tomorrow!!!

LUCKY!!!!!!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm on the southern coast of Long Island. Should be a wild one!
    Prepared for the worst and hoping for the best!
  • swopey123
    swopey123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh . Not good
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Last year this same few days we got a snowstorm here in MA. They are tracking us to only get rain and wind Mon to Wed. But you never really know. I'm supposed to fly out to CA on Thurs so hoping the storm and its affects moves through fast. Usually less damage that way too. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    We are right in its path here in new jersey. :(