Hurricane Sandy

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We got the edge of it Miami this past week. Lots rain and a lot of wind. Be safe folks!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I ain't afraid of no hurricane!

is it even stiill a hurricane?
  • athynz1
    Options
    I'm in VA... right now we're good to go with food, water, a whole house backup generator (luckily the previous owner of the house installed it), and plenty of alcohol... LOL! I hope everyone in Sandy's path is safe... it's gonna be a wild ride.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Gird your loins everyone!!! Here in RVA and hoping everyone has prepared and stays safe! Personally I've cleaned house-all dishes and laundry cleaned and a boatload of baked goods. And don't forget the alcohol! :drinker:
  • damianpurvis
    damianpurvis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just got a call from my father-in-law. He's up in Bath County VA for the weekend (we hunt up there). They are expecting almost 3 three from now until Wednesday. He's going to try to drive back home tomorrow, we live in Richmond VA. Told him he should be careful or go back with his brothers to Bristol, VA. You know how those older folks are... ;)
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    We are ready here in Connecticut..who knows how bad but will deal with what comes.. and enjoy the fun parts..big storms always seem to bring the neighborhoods together...stay safe all
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    We are getting prepared. Been thru this before and have a generator ready to go, adequate water , food, etc. We live in a rural area and lose electric for several days in a row a few times a year. We also have been thru a tornado that took a few of our neighbors homes (just like the Whiz of Oz). Praying that all stay safe!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Just came in I am in Northern NJ spent today in the yard all my exercise was carrying block tarps moving furniture tie downs on my grill bring home 25 gallons of gas start the generators and check them now down to the basement to test the pumps and charge the heavy duty batteries
    Good Luck everyone stay safe
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am in South jersey - Ground Zero - it's getting nerve wracking, they are already in Emergency Management mode - have never seen anything like this before. Thanks for the thoughts, hopefully it will weaken.
    I understand they are planning to evacuate Cape May and the barrier islands. Stay safe!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping it will be as non-eventful as Irene was last year. There was scary sounding wind, but other than that, nothing too horrible. We stocked up on cereal and other food that doesn't require heating or freezing, as well as a bit of alcohol. The only thing that concerns me is how the storm will affect my fiance's sick kitty.......
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My costume very likely will be The Swamp Thing made up of shredded garbage bags, so it should fare well in a rain storm here in DC. I still plan on going out with the daredevils tonight.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the safe wishes we made it through. We have one road under water and sand... The EOC are hoping to have the road open for the coming week.

Enjoy a safe and happy MFP week...
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    We're getting the outer edge right now on the coast on NC. It's a little nasty outside tonight.

Stay safe everyone! Stock up n TP, seriously. TP.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in Buffalo, NY, but a lot of my family from here went down to Long Island for this weekend to visit permanent family there (hopefully leaving Monday before it hits full force there), and then another pair of people are going back that way for the NYC marathon on 4 November!

I hope things get on well with everyone in the storm's path.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am inland in CT so the wind is more of a danger to us here. My house is surrounded by trees. Good news is, all the lawn crap is in the basement, gas in the car, cans of gas for the chain saws, cash money, and a hotel reservation since we fell short on buying a generator. Should have learned our less on after last year but thought this would probably never happen again....well here we are! Bring on that biach...we are ready!!!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Eastern NC here-- We are currently getting stupid amounts of rain, and crazy strong wind, but nothing hurricane-force. For once we are not the target of a hurricane--

For those who are, please stay safe!
  • dragonmom14
    Options
    Down by the rivah here in VA, we have filled all the gas tanks, moved all the outdoor furniture etc inside the garage or barn and have stocked up on food & supplies. I looked and looked in the exercise library for "storm preparations", but amazingly, it wasn't there...guess I should wear a HRM to see how many calories burned! Be safe everyone.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The only thing that is in Alabama is just cold and over cast. If that is the effect of the storm?

However, if you are in the parth of the storm, please, for the sake of god! Get what you need in order. Water! GET YOUR WATER!

I went through a five day black out last year. It wasn't fun..So have water and easy to make food on hand. I hope everyone will be save.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Jersey City here, about 3/4 of a mile from the water. Stocked up on flashlights, batteries, and no-refrigeration-required food; we're just hoping it'll be as mild as Irene was last year. The streets flooded but we didn't lose power, so hopefully we'll get a repeat of that.
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are in Petersburg, VA... stocked up on bottled water, healthy snacks, batteries, etc. Prepping for the worst and praying for the best... right now it is calm and eerie outside... Even the dog is picking up on it, she is feeling very anxious.