The Food List Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• saudade108
    Options
    I got 54...and I just have to say that as I was reading the list, I noticed MAYBE 10 of the ones I hadn't tried that I thought "Oh, I've been meaning to try or should have by now tried" and the rest of them I'm just not interested in!
  • LynxC
    LynxC Posts: 4
    Options
    Well... I scored low, but that's mostly because I'm vegetarian, so I would never eat most of those things! Cool list though. I suppose I scored relatively high for a vegetarian!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    69 for me.
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I scored 59, but I also grew up as a military brat, and my parents encouraged us to try new things........
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So cool to see how other people score, and hear a little about you, too. Thanks for sharing! Some great scores there! They should definitely come up with an exclusively vegetarian list - there are so many out there!!!
  • roswyn80
    roswyn80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Some things I have never even heard of - has anyone ever tried:

Durian; Fugu; Head Cheese; Paneer; Spaetzle; Umeboshi?

Wil

Durian is foul, I don't recommend it. :p It smells so bad that the subway in Singapore has a ban on people taking it on there! They're also hard to crack open because they have some really hard, sharp spikes.

Paneer you can make at home. :) It's an Indian cheese, make from curdling milk with an acid, normally lemon juice. It's really tasty in curries! Think of it as being similar in usage to tofu.

I've not tried the next ones...

Fugu is pufferfish, and, if not prepared properly, it can be lethal.

Head cheese is a sliced 'meat', that's like a sausage made from flesh taken from an animal's head.

Spaetzel is kinda like pasta, from what I understand, and umeboshi is a Japanese preparation of plums.

ETA: I've tried 49/100. :)