Tall Females?

Options
Hello, there! So I turn 19 in about a week and I am 5'10''.
I just started using this site again, and am open for new friends!
If you want a fitness buddy or just someone to chat with, feel free to add me! :glasses:

Also we can use this thread for discussion about being a tall female.
I was always the tallest kid in my classes up until 7th grade.
I also found it difficult to find a boyfriend taller than me, for a while... hmph

Replies

• Cadence248
    Cadence248 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Honestly i think being tall would be great. I am 5'1.5. Switch me? Lol
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    i'm 5'8 woo
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    6' 1/2'' whoooo! I always beat everyone else in the tall female competition! I love meeting other tall ladies! Let's complain about shoe size and short pants! lol.

But seriously, it can be a drag being so tall and dealing with weight. I'm a weird one in that I'm super tall but also super curvy. I can thank my nice mix of Dutch and German heritage for that one! It's hard to be comfortable as a size 12, which is what I am when I'm at a pretty normal weight. When I'm thinner, I'm a size 10 and when I'm a little chubby I'm a size 14. Go figure. But it sucks to be at a normal weight and still have to deal with plus sizes! I know I would have to be on my death bed to fit into a size 4. It can really take it's toll on self esteem.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I agree,Im 5 ft 10 right now I'm at a very unhappy 161lbs. I hate being considered plus size. I wear a 12 most of the time. When my husband and I started dating I was 135lbs and thought I was FAT then, now Im like wow. Ive given birth to 5 beautiful boys since.
  • larkei
    larkei Posts: 19
    Options
    Im 6'1 and 232.. started at 285.. use to be 128.... would kill to be that size again!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    5'10 was 54kg, got up to 108kg now at 94 kg. Aiming for 75kg

tghts and leggings, I hate the one size fits most.....yeah if you want ankle freezers.
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Same here! 5'10 and 21 years old. Sometimes I do wish I was shorter. And I too was the tallest one in my classes through elementary and jr. high! It kinda stinks being the same height as your fiancee--luckily he doesn't mind!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    5'11'' and at about 174 right now. Was at about 165 this past spring...looking to get to ten pounds BELOW that...to about 155...but toned and fit. Right now I'm about a size 10. At 155 I'd be about a tight 6 or loose 8. I'd be happy at ANY weight if I could just firm up the jiggle and fit into my clothes. :bigsmile:
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and will be 28 next week - happy birthday, fellow Scorpio! Feel free to add me. :)
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh...forgot to add that my ex bf is 5'8''. The guy I'm currently drooling over is 6'6'' and gorgeous and NICE. I can even wear my highest shoes and STILL be shorter...awesome. :love:

And my birthday is on Halloween! Lot's of hot and tall Scorpios around here.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    My hubby is 6 ft 2 so when I wear heels Im as tall as he is and he does not like it. But I told him he knew I was tall when he met me it wasnt like I could hide it. But weve been together 14 yrs so I think he got over it.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm not THAT tall at 5'7", but hit this height at 12. I also have the same inseam as my 5'10" sister, so buying pants is always an adventure.

As I tend to wear flats a lot of the time, I forget how tall I am. When I'm in flats and all the short or average height women are in heels, we're not that far off in height. And then I slip on a pair of heels and feel as though I'm on stilts! LOL I notice it at the gym as well, where everyone is in flat shoes.

It would also be nice to not tower over most men in even a modest heel.
  • Emma_Problema
    Options
    Whoa! 128! That's crazy talk! Maybe it's different shapes and sizes, but I think getting down to 140 would be my absolute minimum. I've been hovering around 190 for a while. Currently about 195. Which seems like a lot, but outside of frustration with clothes and sometimes feeling a little chubby, I've never felt super fat. It's interesting seeing what's a good weight for different people. I've never really been able to talk about it because I don't have too many girlfriends who are my height. I'm aiming for 160 but I don't even know if that's possible. Wide hips and DD's. I had some nice hip bones popping out when I was 14 and 170 so I don't know how 10 lbs lighter and 8 years older would look.
  • labyrinthrunner
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and 212 lbs. Oy vey. Sometimes being tall is nice. For instance, I carry my weight very well. On the other hand, I do usually have hi-water pants. (All my height is leg.)
  • Emma_Problema
    Options
    Oh...forgot to add that my ex bf is 5'8''. The guy I'm currently drooling over is 6'6'' and gorgeous and NICE. I can even wear my highest shoes and STILL be shorter...awesome. :love:

And my birthday is on Halloween! Lot's of hot and tall Scorpios around here.

Nice! I love a tall man! Most of my ex's have been around 5'9" and I don't really care if I date someone who's shorter than me. I've been out with a lot of tall men who are complete *kitten* and met some short dudes (5'6' - 5'7") who have been really sweet and fun to date.

It can be a pain though. Sometimes people don't believe me, but when I've dated a man much shorter than me, I swear it's like being part of an interracial couple in the south! It sounds really extreme, but I have actually gotten glares! People don't like things that are different and things that they can't understand.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9, it's always nice to have friends on here that are similar in height and aiming for reasonable weights to keep my head out of the clouds! I have short friends (in real life lol) and it is easy to get caught up in wanting to be their size and wanting to fit the size zeros they wear and all that jazz. I love my friends!!! Don't get me wrong. But when it comes to surrounding yourself with others with a common goal I find I relate more with the taller girls! I have always had a large frame, (and I don't mean that as code for 'I'm fat') I have wide hip bones and wide shoulders, while I was able to reach 118 I looked very very very very creepy. Just creepy and sick.

So yeah my healthy new goals involve a low body fat percent and aiming for 133 pounds but honestly if I get 20 percent body fat I could care less if I am 150. I just wanna be solid!!!
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I once dated a guy who came to my nonexistent boobs and when we were out people would laugh at us. My mom couldnt stay in the same room as us because his feet didnt touch the ground when he sat on our couch.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Im 6'1 and 232.. started at 285.. use to be 128.... would kill to be that size again!

I'm right there with you girl. 6'1 and currently 210, down from 232. I was about 125 in high school, but I never want to be that skinny again. I was just skin and bone, but I couldn't help it. I ate whatever I wanted and just played sports and stuff. Oh how the times have changed, haha. I've got about 55 more pounds to go till my goal.

If anyone needs a friend, just add me! I could use the motivation!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    'Five ten here, too.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and will be 28 next week - happy birthday, fellow Scorpio! Feel free to add me. :)

When's your birthday? I'm turning 30 on November 3rd! Scorpios unite!