48 Pounds Down with Pics :)

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
I really enjoy looking at success stories and watching people change their lives and bodies for the better. I thought about waiting until I was done losing weight to post but I'm really happy with how far I've come along, even though I still have a little ways to go.

In June of this year I finally got tired of feeling so uncomfortable in my body. I also tipped the scales at 211 (I'm 5'6), which was the biggest I had EVER been and I just couldn't take it anymore. I started eating much better, I joined this site right away, and I started the couch to 5k program.

I've had a lot of NSV's along the way. I ran a 5k in 32:21 (I had never run before unless I had someone chasing me with a chainsaw). This past week at a conference I went to for my work, one of my teacher friends made me go shopping in all these stores I had been "too big" for before. I actually fit into wet seal jeans (size 13 but hey, it's the smallest I've ever been).

So here are some pics. I would like to lose about 20 more pounds and then adjust from there. But, I've come a long way and I am very happy with my progress thus far. Thanks for all the inspiration and support!

Here is me at about 205, after I already started MFP and running, down about 6 pounds (and yes, I was less than thrilled about having my picture taken, thus the facial expression):
2pp0jv7.jpg

This is about 186, well into the C25K program:
25k0cad.jpg

This is me at 170, getting ready to go to my 10 year reunion (I'm getting old, ha):
339lvo3.jpg

And finally this past week at my conference in my wet seal jeans (weight 163). Wearing low cut jeans was a whole new experience for me!!!
bim5ft.jpg

Replies

• berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    C'mon peoples, I'm pretty proud of those jeans ;). Show me some love!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    baby you look terrific! Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You look great, Nice work
  • sergiotacchini
    Options
    Looking good hun! Congratulations on all the hard work!
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job you look great!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your progress so far :smile:
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    awesome well done you look fantastic
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome job! Keep up the great work!!!

The jeans are cute! Love the shoes!
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look beautful, and so nice to see smiles :) You should be proud!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!
  • lskk4
    lskk4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking Great!! Keep it up :))
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job! You've stayed motivated and have the results to prove it. Wish you continued success on your journey!
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love reading entries like yours. While it makes me jealous, it also gives me hope! Your transformation is profound. You go girl!
  • Sarahsbattle
    Sarahsbattle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm starting where you did and am built about the same; so your success is very inspiring!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait to be there!
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Wet seal jeans cracked me up, but I totally get it! I started out on this journey at 226, and Im still going and weighing in at 197 now, and went anniversary outfit shopping for me and the hubbies 5 year anniversary and guess where I got my outfit????Rue 21.... yep yep I was pretty proud, and it actually looked good! :) Keep up the good work!
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    You are doing SO great. total inspiration to many of us, and i'm not just saying that because you are one of my first friends here on MFP. you look great! those jeans are rocking you are awesome!!! super cute chic, i would love to meet a lady like you.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Your hard work shows! You are healthier and happier and thats awesome! :D Great job!
  • Dandawa
    Dandawa Posts: 97
    Options
    fantastic great job and thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!