FAT Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    HA! Moderation on Thanksgiving? Puh-lease. I just plan on taking 20 bites -- I mean... I'm going all out and stuffing my tummy with whatever deliciousness I want.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I run a 10k that morning.

I eat sensibly, slice of turkey and small portions of a couple other things. No snacks, no pie. Easy.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating ALL THE FOODS! Nomomommommommmmm.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have always been super lucky that T-day isn't a big problem for me. I don't love mashed potatoes, don't like gravy, cranberry "sauce", stuffing (gross), saucy veggies OR pumpkin pie. The rolls, will be a problem, since I don't eat grains anymore, but I might try to let myself have 1 or 2 and a ton of yummy turkey (dark meat, baby!) It's Halloween (easy candy accessibility and Christmas (cooooookiiiesss) that are hard for me to deal with.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I will enjoy it. It's one day and well you can't beat Thanksgiving foods... yum yum!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I will pretty much have what I want..just in moderation. If I get off track for that one day, it won't hurt! Bigger portion of the white meat turkey, very small portions of all of the GOOD...YUMMY...carbs! a small slice of dessert! and let that be it! And hit the gym twice as hard the week before and after. Maybe even the morning of.amp up my workout to really boost my metabolism!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I will eat what I want until I am satisfied. 1 day is not going to undo 2½ years of work.

This, exactly! It only becomes an issue when 'Thanksgiving Day' morphs into 'Thanksgiving Week' followed by 'Post-Thanksgiving Must Eat the Leftovers Week' followed closely by 'Christmas Cookie and Fudge Season' :tongue:
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    In Canada,Thanksgiving happens on a Monday.

I ate at my partner's place with his family, and I probably ate too much, but I tried to watch portion sizes. I'm much better after three months at gauging half a cup of mashed potatoes etc.

Pass on the buns, choose whipped cream instead of ice cream with the pumpkin pie. Eat one cookie and one butter tart.

The Boy Scout chocolate covered popcorn is frickin evil though. And I probably ate too much of it. *lol*

Got back on the horse Tuesday. Have lost another five pounds since.

Not the heat death of the universe to go "off my diet" - this is something I'm learning. I consider formal holidays and birthdays for the four people in my life who matter (me, partner, sibling and in-law) to be not-worry-about-it-overmuch days.

Max ten, maybe fifteen (if I bend the idea of "holiday" likea pretzel to "cheat") days out of 365 is NOT going to suddenly make me gain a thousand pounds.

I can still make intelligent choices about food without refusing to participate in life. *shrug*

Others' mileage might vary.

-Betty-
  • Mikesrobin
    Mikesrobin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Thanksgiving. Last year I was logging on and it wasn't too bad. I don't put my diary public because I don't like some of the comments I have seen by others about peoples diary. I try and take a small salad plate eat the things I want in small doses. That way if I do go back for seconds I wont feel so bad. Also I try and use my calories wisely on Thanksgiving for me it is the desserts so I give up on a lot of the stuffing and potatoes so I can have a piece of Pumpkin pie and my white chocolate fudge covered Oreo cream pie. I know that is a lot of calories but I also plan on working out everyday the week of Thanksgiving just like I did last Thanksgiving. I have been here for 1.5 years and so far so good. I have lost 35 lbs and about 10 lbs from my goal. I know some people have lost the weight quicker but I wont give up what I like I just eat it in smaller doses.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    This year, I'm by myself. I cared for my ex-husband for 7 1/2 years during his terminal illness and always cooked big meals for him and encouraged him to eat. He passed away in June (may he RIP), so this year I'm having a petite filet mignon and a salad for TG dinner.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada, we had ours already. What I did was take the day off of calorie counting and just had everything I wanted. Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful for what you have - some people don't have the luxury to enjoy such a feast, let alone count calories at it. I enjoyed myself gratefully and continued my calorie-conscious eating as usual the next day.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I plan on working out in the morning, and snacking very very lightly throughout the morning/afternoon. Then, I plan on eating as much as I want when dinner time comes(:

One day won't kill me, I'm sure, and we're finally having Thanksgiving at my house again after many years of renovating our dining/music room! My dad's a chef so his cooking is wonderful, and I talked my parents into getting my favorite chocolate cheesecake platter... bring it on, food ;D
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    thanksgiving already went by here.. (canada)..

and i had 3 turkey dinners, 3 days in a row.. with dessert.. after those 3 days i had actually lost weight..

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION...
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Being from England we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but this year I will be staying with my cousin in Southern Maryland so will be trying this Holiday for the first time. Fortunately my cousin is also on here, but she has told me she is having a day off, but roast turkey, steamed vegetables and the rest take care of itself :happy:

I guess we will probably go for a walk/run in the morning to add some more insurance, also it will give me some practice for Christmas after I get home :wink: which will start with a workout at the gym in the morning.

Andy
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm lifting hard before. Put those calories to good use!!!
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I'll probably eat a lot of the healthier stuff. Brussel sprouts, broccoli, etc... I can't eat turkey since I'm allergic to it. Weird I know. I don't like stuffing or cranberry sauce, so that takes care of that. I also do not like pumpkin pie. So I really am limited in what I can eat. But I do plan on working out and lifting just in case I decide to go over to my besties place instead.
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna load up on turkey and veggies, skip the potatoes bread and butter, and have a slice of pie. :D
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just go hiking like we do....problem solved!
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I was going to go jog in the morning and then do some strength training. That should help. But i will still have to be cautious when it comes time for dinner.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    It is getting closer...................... i think i can not over eat, i think i can not over eat, i think i can not over eat.....................