does anyone not document their liquid calories?

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they really can make a difference. Log them.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Don't see the point? Wondering if they make THAT much difference? No wonder people fail at weight loss.

I mean. why bother logging anything? I just ate chocolate cake. I don't eat it every day, so why bother logging it right?
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    cranberry juice has tons of sugar in it, and unless you're drinking unsweetened tea, so does your arizona. Why not log liquid calories? It's not as if they matter less, and they're usually nutritionally deficient chunks of calories you don't even realize you're drinking.
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I record everything as I have gotten some huge shocks at what calories and sodium etc are in what!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't log my black coffee. Skim Late, yes. Hot Cocoa, yes. Milk and booze yes. Not black coffee. But then I don't cut my calorie budget down to the last calorie so those 10-20 calories total of black coffee don't make a huge difference. I also don't log my water but I drink a ton of water at work and I know I'm not generally getting enough on the weekends.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, then log it. You're just sabatoging yourself otherwise. You'd be AMAZED how many calories you can consume through liquids. Just look at the lable.
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't do my coffee with sweet n low or creamer and my night hot chocolate,
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I don't document the "pure crystal light" that is something like 10 cal per 8oz... only because I use a fraction of a package to flavor 20 oz of water. I also don't document plain coffee w/ stevia drops or unsweetened tea/ iced tea. Milk, sugared drinks, fruit juice, wine, etc I document.

Essentially, if it is under 20 calories for the drink, and I've exercised for the day I don't count it, mostly because I don't eat back my exercise calories. Now, if/when I start to eat back my exercise calories, then I'll be more careful about counting everything.
  • cometjunior
    Options
    First of all, I really love how people get on here and act rude... They didn't say they were eating chocolate cake and not logging it, they were talking about liquids.

I don't log liquids that have no nutritional value. I don't drink many liquids that require logging since I mostly only drink water and water mix-ins, like Wyler's. So, to answer the question for myself, I don't log liquid calories.

Now, if your liquid intake does have calories, it should be logged, even if it's "only one glass of juice" or "just a soda"... A lot of people will try to make the arguement that liquids are digested differently or are sweated / "passed" out, but they still have calories.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Unless it's water or air.... log it. It's got calories or anything else.... log it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Juice can have crazy calories. So can tea drinks - other than some of the diet ones. I log it. I log my diet soft drinks too because they have sodium.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Uh, yeah man.

A lot of drinks have TONS of calories, carbs and sodium. If you arent tracking them, then youre probably consuming a lot of calories that you werent even aware of.

Just look at the label on a bottle of Sobe, for example. One bottle is actually multiple servings, and one serving has a few hundred calories.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I don't mean like soda pop or really high sugar drinks, but I don't find the point in putting in calories for my cranberry juice or Arizona Green Tea....i know I probably should, but do those drinks really make THAT kind of a difference?

and this is a perfect example of why many americans are overweight.
  • saudade108
    Options
    If I didn't, I'd be in trouble. My problem area for excess calories comes from my coffee and creamer I can't give up. I don't drink anything but coffee and water, though. If I didn't count my coffee, I'd never lose weight!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't see the point? Wondering if they make THAT much difference? No wonder people fail at weight loss.

I mean. why bother logging anything? I just ate chocolate cake. I don't eat it every day, so why bother logging it right?

The rudeness in this post is uncalled for. A simple, polite answer would have done just fine.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I know this is going to sound crazy and backwards, but I document ALL of my liquid calories.

Except booze. LOL I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how I do it.

I'll join you in the crazy corner.

I never logged any exercise either.

Other than my red wine it's water or black coffee now, since I cut the heavy cream I don't log it.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I leave out seltzer, other than that I log everything sweetened or not.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Anything that isn't water I log. Juice can have a lot of calories and sugar so you probably want to log that and you'll be surprised how the calories from Arizona Green Tea can add up as well (70 cals and 17g sugar per 8 oz).
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I'm no pro but why wouldn't you input Arizona Ice teas and other calorie filled drinks.
    '
    I use to drink that stuff until I saw how much sugar was in them. I had a sugar intake problem, now I drink Lipton diet green tea, citrus, mixed berry, ect....no calories, no sugar, no fat..............it tastes excellent, and yes, I stilll input it although it doesn't have calories, I input water as well, I input everything I guess............and I've lost more than 10 pounds in less than my first month on here..................feeling way good too!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I don't mean like soda pop or really high sugar drinks, but I don't find the point in putting in calories for my cranberry juice or Arizona Green Tea....i know I probably should, but do those drinks really make THAT kind of a difference?

and this is a perfect example of why many americans are overweight.
    True. To the original poster:
    There is sometimes more sugar in juice than there is in soda you drink. I would say often actually, depending on what juice.