Hurricane Sandy

Options

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sending all of you in the path prayers and wishes, stay safe, from Canada.
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    am in RI, kids excited with no school for monday
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i live in eastern ky... and we're supposed to get several inches of rain and at least a foot of snow by wednesday! bad mix! lol... hope everyone is safe!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Im in Windsor Ontario Canada, we are in the direct path of Sandy, Toronto is 3 hrs from here and it will be heading that way,, all of Southern Ontario is going to get hit by Hurricane Sandy. ...... Soup, i say, its a great time for a big pot of Pumpkin Curry Soup! :)....
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    I live in WV so i'm not really affected but we are suppose to be getting slow and extremely cold weather..
    It's also been raining here very mist light rain which is the kinds for accidents.

I have to drive 50 mile round trips to school everyday so hopefully this doesn't impact my drive ):

good luck everyone else and stay safe.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    all the best wishes that you all stay safe this comming week
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in New York, hoping it doesn't hit till a bit later which I don't think it should. Although the wind has begun to pick up
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    Wait...what hurricane?
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    I'm in PA near the Maryland border...
    It's pretty nerve wrecking. All public transportation has been shut down in New York, Phily...Lots of New Jersey is being evacuated.
    My work still has us here though! LOL With all that...-shake my head-
    Hopefully my Chevy will float me home if there's an issue.
    I dont think it'll even get that far west.
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in north jersey I'm worry because the light go of in my town which freaking mean I won't be able to run in my treadmill
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I'm in PA near the Maryland border...
    It's pretty nerve wrecking. All public transportation has been shut down in New York, Phily...Lots of New Jersey is being evacuated.
    My work still has us here though! LOL With all that...-shake my head-
    Hopefully my Chevy will float me home if there's an issue.
    I dont think it'll even get that far west.
    Im in MD near the pa border. I am right next to the bay but even in far western Md they r calling it really bad (2 feet of snow). Here they r saying 50-60 mile winds and gust up to 80 and about 8in of rain so yeah she will be getting the storm bad also
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Am orig from N.Y./NJ.,...wishing all our friends & fam love and safty on the East coast! xoxo!!
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm in CT. Our governor was on the news tonight and said this storm is the greatest threat to human life CT has ever experienced. Very scary. Virtually the whole coast has been evacuated. Storm surge and flooding will be the issue there. Inland where we are the winds will be the issue.

We lost power for 6 days this very weekend last year with the October 2011 freak snow storm. This one sounds much worse :(

To everyone in its path.....heed the warnings and stay safe. Better to regret being over prepared for something that doesn't occur than under prepared for something that does occur!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i hope ya'll stay safe and will be prayin for the coasts safety!

but,isnt it a catergory one?
    ya'll its basically nothing.i've slept through a category 1 and a category 2 hurricane..
    maybe a few powerlines,stuff flown everywhere from the windor trees down and if you live on the beach it might be a little worse
    and it is smart to evacuate if you live in the low lying area's.
    but,i really cant see how its being called the "greatest threat to human life"

breathe. it's going to be fine,im sure.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm in New England...it should be here around 6 am tomorrow morning. I don't think we are going to get hit too hard though.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    North Jersey here...we're expected to get the brunt of it. I'm so scared, not just for me but for my entire family in NYC and on Long Island....danger zones everywhere.
  • batmanjoker33
    batmanjoker33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hope you will all be safe it's awful to hear whats happening over in the US. God bless you all. xXx
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Having been in Grenada when hurricane Ivan hit in 2004 I remember the fear and devastation. I hope that you will all get through this difficult time unscathed and that damage to your property will be minimal. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'm in New England...it should be here around 6 am tomorrow morning. I don't think we are going to get hit too hard though.

Im in southern New Hampshire and I have to say, Im glad that the 'experts' finally got it right and stayed on top of this whole Hurricane/TS Sandy situation. They left us with no appropriate warnings last year and too many were greatly affected by the disaster that Irene brought us. Our own utilitiy carriers were HORRIBLE - ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE last year and took their sweet *kitten* time to get the work done because they didnt even bother to prepare - thus receiving a sanction and fines - and rightfully so!

This time, they are prepared (crossing my fingers). But its up to everyone to be prepared for the absolute worst, even if it turns out to be a gentle storm.

A large portion of New England will have the strong winds and rain. The winds are supposed to average 40-50mph but have gusts up to 65mph from the last recent reports. *******That will hit hard.********

I have friends and family all up and down the eastern seaboard and non-coastal states of the eastern side - from what Ive seen in several news stations, many communities are coming together to do the best that they can to take the necessary precautions. THAT is awesome!

I do ask this though... if you know of people in your community who are oxygen-dependent, who are mobility-compromised, who are extremely ill, considering extending a helping hand. See if they need help, as often it is difficult for them to be as prepared as everyone else. If a utility worker/police officer comes knocking on your door - you can share that information with him/her to let them know of the neighbors who may require being checked on.

Know your routes of driving before the fertilizer hits the fan.

Be smart: if you dont have to go out - dont.

Sending good thoughts, wishes for safety for all of us that will be affected....

CramerNH from New Hampshire
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Praying that all of you on the east coast will get through this safe and sound.