Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Day 9 completed! And my first REAL push-up ever completed as well! How cool is that? 9 days ago I wasn't able to even think about doing the modified version. This is so encouraging. I am starting to feel so comfortable in this level I almost regret tomorrow will be the last day of it...

The last 2 days I had to push myself to work out though. I need to look at the before and after pics again - they are so motivating! I mean, just look at them!!! You are going to be one of those people!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread

I know how you feel. I'm moving onto level 2 without doing the last 2 days of level 1 because I find it so boring, and I need more of a challenge. I did Yoga Meltdown today and it was fantastically challenging but fun!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 11, Level 2 is NO JOKE! Man, that is brutal compared to Level 1, IMO. I used 5 lbs and I'm glad I didn't go heavier. Definitely feel different muscle groups working. Mostly in the core which is excellent because that's where I need the most work anyway! lol
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    MINE SHOULD BE HERE BY THURSDAY
    IM EXCITED AND ANXIOUS TO START:tongue:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second go. I flaked out after day 4 last time. Today I completed day 6 and feel great. I will smash this bad boy all the way to day 30, and then do it again. (Or maybe switched to 30 Day Ripped).
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second go. I flaked out after day 4 last time. Today I completed day 6 and feel great. I will smash this bad boy all the way to day 30, and then do it again. (Or maybe switched to 30 Day Ripped).

Haha I was thinking of redoing it with 5lb weights, but I've started doing the first few days with 3 lbs, then I'll move up to 5 lb to make it more of a challenge. I finished level 2 day 1 just a bit ago. I actually really enjoy it, a LOT more than level 1.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I finally bought 30DS today and I'm going to start today as well. I'm anxious! I want to do well with it. I'm like, excited and nervous at the same time, lol! Wish me luck! :) oh ya, I'm going to be using 3lb weights.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I finally bought 30DS today and I'm going to start today as well. I'm anxious! I want to do well with it. I'm like, excited and nervous at the same time, lol! Wish me luck! :) oh ya, I'm going to be using 3lb weights.

Ok, I just finished my 1st day of 30DS and all I can think is "What in the hell did I get myself into?!" lol. My arms feel like spaghetti! I'm excited to see my halfway mark results (day 15).
  • sandrajomobu
    Options
    OK for us newbies...what's 30DS?
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    Finished day 10, level 1 yesterday! Just finished day 1, level 2. I only have to things to say!! 1. Jillian is CRAZY!!! and 2. Plank is now the dirtiest word I can think of!!!
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    "30DS" is 30 Day Shred, a Jillian Michaels workout DVD. There are 3 different workouts, each of which you are supposed to do for 10 days. I think most people end up doing it in about 45 days though due to taking rest days!
  • sandrajomobu
    Options
    Thanks, I have that one....I think I have Level 1.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna sound crazy for saying this, but I enjoy doing plank jacks! Woohoo! :laugh:
  • kelewis083
    kelewis083 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started Day 1 Level 1 today! Started it once before about a month ago and stopped after a few days getting so busy with work. I am determined not to stop again this time!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have that one....I think I have Level 1.
    If you have the DVD, it has all three levels :smile:

Level 1 day 7 for me!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just started f30DS today for the first time. I was a great burn. I hope it brings about a serious change in my core area. I'm doing it with a friend who has done it before. This is her second round. I appreciate her support because I really need the push. Best wishes to you.
  • jamiebean_
    Options
    Hey I just stumbled upon this post and in case anyone was wondering how to track Jillian Michael's exercises this is what I did and created my own exercise.

This is from the forum section of her website

"JILLIAN SAYS: It's all relative to your age, body weight, height, gender, and so on. The general rule of thumb is, for every 25 pounds of weight you have on your frame, you will burn an additional 50 calories an hour provided you work out at the same intensity for the entire hour.
    For example, I weigh 120 pounds — which is almost 5 groups of 25 pounds — so if I multiply 50 calories by 5 for 250 calories, then divide that per-hour amount by 60 it comes out to slightly more than 4 calories a minute."

I've completed the 30 day shred, ripped in 30 and am now halfway through body revolution! I wish you all good luck! I LOVE her workouts!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    *smiling to all the newbies*

Day 10 of Level 1 completed! Woohoo! What an awesome feeling!
    Level 2, I'm ready for you!
  • risko99
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just started myfitnesspal today and completed day 1 Level 1 of 30 shred. I am 32 years old and thought I was going to die also, but I pushed through. Good luck to all of you!! :happy: I will love being able to talk to people about it.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Day 8 level 1. Done!!
    I wore my HRM today and i burnt 167 calories doing the work out as opposed to 209 the first few times I did it!
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump to read later!:flowerforyou: