Depo Provera

Options
13»

Replies

• spacechick365
    spacechick365 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was on it for about a year. It was great the first 6 months I was on it. Then I started getting massive stomach cramps from it to the point that the doctors were testing me to see if I had a tubal pregnancy. After about 10 months I gained 30 lbs in one month and continued to have other massive problems. I was advised by the doctor to stop taking depo and within 3 months of stopping it, I had lost the 30 lbs (I didn't change anything else) and the pains disappeared. I found out I was allergic to it and had very bad symptoms.

I have a friend that was on it for 6 years and loved it. She had no problems and never gained weight. Every girl is different. Pills are bad for some and great for some and this is the same way.
  • skinnydreams88
    Options
    Thank you all for your opinions and views!

Much appreciated. I'm glad to have read it is a common problem for other ladies on depo. I seem to be running out of options as the pill doesnt agree with me, neither does implant... I cant have a coil fitted because I have a retroverted womb and it would cause me major discomfort.

So I'll either have hundreds more babies or a very grumpy unloved partner :laugh: Kidding of course.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Much appreciated. I'm glad to have read it is a common problem for other ladies on depo. I seem to be running out of options as the pill doesnt agree with me, neither does implant... I cant have a coil fitted because I have a retroverted womb and it would cause me major discomfort.

So I'll either have hundreds more babies or a very grumpy unloved partner :laugh: Kidding of course.

Are you done having babies altogether? A tubal for you or a snip for him are options, as well. I just had a tubal (I was having my gallbladder out, so I figured they might as well do both) and I have to say, it was pretty easy.
  • skinnydreams88
    Options

Are you done having babies altogether? A tubal for you or a snip for him are options, as well. I just had a tubal (I was having my gallbladder out, so I figured they might as well do both) and I have to say, it was pretty easy.

I'm sorry, I didnt see this! May I ask what you mean by a tubal? My partner is dead against having the snip :( I'm still chipping away at him though, hoping I might drive him mad enough to get it to shut me up haha :) evil wifey x
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I didnt see this! May I ask what you mean by a tubal? My partner is dead against having the snip :( I'm still chipping away at him though, hoping I might drive him mad enough to get it to shut me up haha :) evil wifey x
    Tubes tied, tubal ligation.

Every doctor has a preferred method. Mine snipped them and cauterized the ends. It is more invasive than the man getting snipped and it would be better if he were willing to do that. But I was going under the knife, anyway, and I like to have a little control over things, so I was happy to get it done so that I never have to worry again, even if the BF and I ever split up.

I also had an endometrial ablation so my periods won't be heavy anymore. But that's only necessary if you have that particular issue.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I gained about 75lb on Depo shots.

Of course, 10 lbs of that was the baby I got knocked up with, despite being on Depo shots.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I never gained weight on the depo. I gained 20 lbs after I got off.