more than 100lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• skrullerull
    skrullerull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 25 lbs since my HW, but have at least 80 lbs to go, then probably 30-40 lbs more.... So I'm gonna be here for a looong time, and feel free to add me *kitten* a friend if you want to (and others with similar goals) .... and, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i've posted this before, but here goes... you CAN do it. it's not as hard as you are afraid it will be. i just takes the desire to make some changes to your lifestyle and the willingness to stick to it. that's all. if you make some bad decisions on any given day, just dust yourself off and try harder the next day. no guilt. no shame. it happens to everybody. once you understand that its a change in lifestyle and not just a temporary diet, you're on your way.

here are my tips.

1) determine your BMR/TDEE or whatever you want to call it so you know what amount of calories (on average) you should be eating to lose weight at a healthy pace. if you use the MFP tools, they'll compute this for you.
    2) log everything. don't eat it if you can't log it. take a multivitamin everyday with food.
    3) don't drink your calories. try to get to a point where all you drink is water.
    4) walk or jog or run. alot! then start strength training when you're up to it.

forget the scale. don't obsess about daily changes in weight. they don't mean anything. what you're focusing on are long term changes to your lifestyle. the weight WILL come off. you CAN do it. the math works and it doesn't lie. it just takes time.

this is not a diet and you don't have to deny yourself anything you crave, you just have to eat in moderation and be accountable for what you put in your mouth. if you go over on Monday by 300 calories, then go under on Tuesday and Wednesday by 150 calories each day. be honest with your log. be accurate. be accountable. you can lose the weight and it will happen faster than you realize when you make this a lifestyle change.
  • MoniqueB79
    MoniqueB79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Hot Pot!!

I’m Monique. I have lost 60+ lbs in the last couple years and still have about 100lbs to go. I would love more “Pals” to join me on my journey so please add me if you’d like. :smile:

We got this!!
  • 3smommy2008
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs so far but still have 116 to lose. Feel free to add me.....I know how it feels!!! We can do it!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have lost over 100 so far, but I still have at least 25-45 more to go...You can TOTALLY do this!! <3
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have about 120 pounds to lose. I will add you! :flowerforyou:
  • lucy2fat
    Options
    Hi I weighed 248 when I started Im @ 217 now and Im 5ft3 So I have a ways to go alot of my friends are just wanted to lose 20lbs or so I would like to have more friens with bigger goals Feel free to add me
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello..I have a tad under a 100 to lose but started with 150 so I'm right there with you! I love to come to the message boards and read all the inspirational stories and comments! We can do this! Anybody feel free to add me. We all need all the support we can get!
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have around 100 pounds to lose and would be happy to friend anyone who would like to share this journey to our better selves
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in May of 2011. I have lost 162 pounds and have another 100 pounds to lose. You may add me if you would like.
  • kath_044
    Options
    new to the site and I have about 100 lbs to lose. I've done every diet under the sun; recently lost 35 lbs but up again about 20. Want to do this once and for all but so so hard!
  • JemimaRoseRogers
    Options
    I am new to the boards, and from Australia. I have 173 lbs to lose. I am using Metric so had to work it out just for this forum! I have a long way to go, and lost 5kgs already which is 11 lbs. If you'd like to add me on here feel free :)
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you can do it. sent a FR! ;)
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I can stand to lose 100 lbs. Feel free to add me if you leave your diary open to your friends.

(New menu ideas are as motivational to me as support comments.)
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im just restarting and I have over a 100lbs to lose as well. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other! Other friend invites welcome too!
  • BloodbathBob
    BloodbathBob Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 135 lbs to lose. I lost over 50 lbs several months ago, but gained most of it back. So here I am, getting back on the horse. I need to maintain self-discipline.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When I started my healthy eating lifestyle I had approximately 200 pounds to lose. I am "just about" halfway there. 97 down and 103ish to go. :wink: I honestly don't know what my final weight will be. I have a "number" in mind, but since I have been overweight my entire life I have no idea what I will look and feel like at that number. It is just a 'number' and I may want to lose more or stop sooner. We shall see.

To all of you out there who have a lot of weight to lose, don't think about the number on the scale. To be successful you have to change your mindset. YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET! You are changing your life. You are becomming a better and healthier you! Losing weight is just a happy side effect of that. Stay positive, stay focused and you will succeed.

Please add me if you like. I love to have friends to motivate me and that I can motivate back. :flowerforyou:
  • KatieCJ66
    KatieCJ66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it. :)

I have lost 40lbs and I have another 110lbs to lose. It's a long road, but I'm hacking at it. Detours and all. Feel free to add me.
  • GracefulSolitude
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I just joined today.
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I have about 100 lbs to lose as well... maybe more. Sending you a request... it is always helpful to have friends with similar goals!:smile: