Do you have a breakfast staple that's NOT oatmeal?

Options
I've officially become sick of oatmeal & I've decided I want to start making healthy breakfast sandwiches like so:
Thomas Light English Muffins - 100 calories, 8g fiber, 5g protein
One poached egg - 70 calories, 6g protein
One slice sargento lowfat provolone cheese - 50 calories, 6g protein
One slice of canadian bacon - 30 calories, 5g protein
TOTAL: 250 calories, 8g fiber, 22g protein

Less calories and WAY better macros than I get from a bowl of oatmeal, even when I add flaxseed (which I tried this morning & was disgusted). I'm thinking I might prepare 6 of these at a time, then store them in the freezer for easy microwave readiness. I'm sure they will keep me full longer than my usual bowl of oatmeal does too.

Anyways, do any of you guys eat anything else besides oatmeal as a staple breakfast? If so how do you prepare it quickly & easily?

Replies

• mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Clean pancakes

2 cups (375 mL) stone ground red fife flour
    1/4 cup ground flax seed
    1/4 cup ground chia seed
    1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
    1/4 cup bran
    3 tbsp (45 mL) raw cane sugar
    2tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
    1/2 cup egg whites
    3cups (750 mL) milk
    3 tbsp (45 mL) melted coconut oil
    1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla

Makes 18 pancakes

Serving=2 pancakes
    223 calories
    9.2g protein
    5.2 fibre
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Coffee.. black coffee.. well sometimes coffee with coconut milk and a little bit of protein powder. Fasting in the morning is awesome.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat a mini bagel and cream cheese.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    White egg omelet...sometimes veggie...some times with meat. I love them
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit GREEK yogurt. With fruit it's only 80 calories. That's the lightest Greek yogurt with fruit I've found. Still has double the protein of regular yogurt.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I like turkey sausage patties and egg whites with a little cheese. Could easily be made into a sandwich as well, but awesome on it's own too, and has lots of protein =)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Either a big smoothie or a hot deli sandwich most days :)

Hot ham and Gouda in the morning is just amazing
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Just about every day:
    1 Everything Bagel Thin.

Then either 1 whole egg, sunny side up, not runny.

Or.

3 TBSP of egg beaters
    1 TBSP of fat free philly cream cheese
    1 Morningstar Farms sausage link.

Whichever route I go, I'll top it off with plenty of sriracha.

Add some dannon 2x protein yogurt around 10:00am or so and I'm good to go until 1pm. I know, I know, not a "staple" but it's what I eat almost every day and works.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I have veggies and eggs every morning. Usually broccoli or spinach with one egg plus 3 egg whites. Topped with sriracha or Valentina sauce.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Thomas' cinnamon raisin english muffin and Jif
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Grapenuts with unsweetened almond milk.
  • Joneisha07
    Options
    Breakfast foods don't have to be stereotypical sometimes I eat dinner foods or lunch foods sometimes.
    Chicken and vegetables. steak and eggs. As long as I get fuel for my workout im good! LOL
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    one egg (or a few egg whites), and one slice of turkey bacon, and then I have a protein shake about a half hour later.

That lasts me until 12:30-1PM.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    As of recently, French toast made with Ezekiel bread and topped with maple syrup. 1 egg, 1 cup of milk of choice, cinnamon. Dip, toast, enjoy. I also like to make a tomato basil mozzarella sandwich. Either of these I often accompany with Greek yogurt or fresh fruit and definitely coffee :-). If you're into eggs, you can always make an omelette or a scramble with fresh veggies and cheese.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas _ thanks for posting the question.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with my own added fruit & honey. (I.e. not the kind that comes pre-made with fruit and stuff).
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean original, activia light, and almonds....freaking awesome.

Something I don't get to have unless home from school is Van's Lite Waffles, Better n" Peanut Butter and Bananas...soo good.
    I also know people who get vegan sausage, spinach, and avacado and put it in english muffin.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Mine is toast w/ p.butter, with banana slices on top, w/1 cup lo fat milk.
    However, now that I have gallstones (found out today) I think p.butter is off the table for me.
    I also like 2 pc toast w 2 scrambled eggs-when I know I will be missing mid-morning snack-yummy!
  • redsage05
    Options
    1/2 of a ruby red grapefruit and a piece of protein bread, toasted. It's delicious and i don't get hungry until lunchtime.
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    Scrambled eggs/egg whites with 1/2 cup of oats mixed in as they cook ... the best of both worlds. :)