Do you have a breakfast staple that's NOT oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Well I have a protein shake every morning but I've been feeling tired of chicken, shrimp and other fav food staples so it may be a matter of time for the shakes. I'd better bump this thread. :wink:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a piece of whole wheat, high fiber toast with some peanut butter on it and occasionally some fruit with it. I also drink water with it.
  • Siobhan699
    Options
    I have a piece of toast with 1 slice of cheese, 4 thin slices of tomato and 1 slice of shaved ham (approx. 25g). About a 190 calories, give or take depending on what type of cheese you have. I have full fat cheese (I refuse to eat low-fat cheese, what's the point?!) but I buy the pre-sliced (real, not processed) packages. This makes it simple to control the cheese calories, most of them are around 80 to 85 calories per slice. This keeps me feeling pretty full for about 3 hours, until morning tea time.
  • clioratha
    clioratha Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt. It's been mango the past couple of days but I like most of their other flavors as well.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shakes, Muscle milk Lite, Ideal Protein or Oh Yeah! brand
  • kirstmclean
    Options
    1 cup of Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal mixed with Oikos vanilla greek yoghurt and a cup of strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    2 eggs prepared any way I feel that day (no oil, use canola spray) ,2 jimmy dean turkey sausage patties and one cup minute maid light orange juice. 310 calories
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    usually a granola bar in the car on the way to work - or later in the morning if i'm not so much hungry then
  • Krissi921
    Krissi921 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt (mango or pineapple) with 1/3 cup Cascade Farms granola. Mix in a few fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries - YUM! I seriously eat this 5x a week, I love it!
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Two hard-boiled eggs and Chiboni yogurt, with black coffee. 280 calories and keeps me from being hungry.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I like to eat eggs and turkey bacon. I am obsessed with Jennie O turkey bacon.

1 whole egg, 2 turkey bacon, strawberries
    or
    1 large banana, 2 turkey bacon
    or
    1 red potato diced, 1 whole egg, 2 turkey bacon
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    My fave breakfast right now is the high fiber english muffin with an egg. I toast the engllish muffin the night before and pack the uncooked egg in a small, muffin sized tupperware coated with cooking spray. When Im ready for breakfast at work, I microwave the egg on medium heat till the yolk is set and then microwave the toasted muffin. Eat that McDonalds!
    I also like dinner leftovers for breakfast. Some people get grossed out by that but I like dinner foods more than breakfast.
    Also, cottage cheese is pretty awesome. Lots of protein which I like in the am.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You guys make me wish I like eggs.
    bleck!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    every Sunday night I boil a dozen eggs for the week and every morning I grab 2 hard boiled eggs and Oikos organic green yougurt 4oz. That's 220 calories and and about 23g of protein. Then have a cup of grapes or some other type of fruit for a mid morning snack. I like your sandwich idea though- might have to start that one.
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites + 1 whole egg, whipped with a little milk (makes them fluffy, i.e. tricks your mind into thinking you are eating more w/out the extra calories)
    2 ounces of cooked sausage
    Piece of 50-cal Franz whole wheat bread w/butter & homemade jam
    ______
    Around 380 calories
    28g protein
    21g carbs

Keeps me full for several hours and fueled for morning workouts :smile:
  • NursRatchett
    NursRatchett Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One scoop Right Whey protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 Tbsp PB2, and a frozen banana cut into chunks. Blend in blender. Tastes like ice cream! And for breakfast, no less!
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Almond Pancake
    2 TBSP Almond meal
    2 TBSP Ground flaxseed meal
    1/3 cup pumpkin puree
    1/2 egg whites
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 TBSP Truvia
    Mix ingredients together and cook as you would a pancake. This is one serving and about 240 calories.

God bless,
    Karen
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Three eggs scrambled or over easy with hot sauce and a double fiber english muffin with real butter pretty much every morning. Takes maybe 5min to prepare fresh each day so I don't bother with any kind of making in advance and freezing.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have a Larabar habit... some would say addiction LOL.
  • Sammyj389
    Options
    This may sound a bit weird, but it is yummy.

Toast a piece of whole wheat bread. Slice up a tomato and then top it with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. You can sprinkle with a bit of Lawry's seasoning salt. Then put it under the broiler and let the cottage cheese melt.

Good luck!