Do you have a breakfast staple that's NOT oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    fage 0%, 1/2 apple & kashi go lean

or

3 eggwhites, handful of spinach & cup of mushrooms

or

fage 0%, handful of spinach, 1/2 c of frozen berries, 2 scoops hemp powder and 1/4 c orange juice for a smoothie
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine is 2 eggs and a piece of grain toast (or if I plan on having a sandiwhc for lunch, sometimes I'll just have the two eggs)
    I do switch it up a bit though.
    Yesterday and today I had a toasted chese & tomato sandwich with black pepper! Sometimes I'll have a small yoghurt, though I find that it doesn't fill me up for as long. I love porridge so I'll get around to giving that a go :p
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    chorizo and turkey sausages.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein RTD shake.

170 calories, 35 g protein.

And fits much more easier into my schedule.
  • Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt (mango or pineapple) with 1/3 cup Cascade Farms granola. Mix in a few fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries - YUM! I seriously eat this 5x a week, I love it!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have eaten the same breakfast almost every day for the past month...so far so good.
    2 pieces of Canadian Kub Rye Bread (toasted) - 118 Calories
    1/4 Avacado - 63 Calories
    1/4 cup NaturEgg Egg Whites - 30 Calories

Fry up the egg whites, cut slices of avocado spread it on the toast and voila a healthy fried egg sandwich! DELICIOUS!

I'm going to have to try this one. I love avocado
  • Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I Try to keep my breakfast around 250 to 300 calories if I can help it I seem to do better throughout the day if I keep it under in the morning, and yogurt berries and granola do that for me.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit weird, but it is yummy.

Toast a piece of whole wheat bread. Slice up a tomato and then top it with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. You can sprinkle with a bit of Lawry's seasoning salt. Then put it under the broiler and let the cottage cheese melt.

Good luck!
    Yep, that does sound weird, but I like all the parts, so I might have to try it!

My breakfasts aren't exactly revolutionary, but I do like a hot breakfast, so I will sometimes intentionally cook extra at dinner to have the next morning. Most of last week it was chicken and dumplings (a favorite comfort food); this morning was a taco.
  • netkka
    netkka Posts: 4
    Options
    I like to eat for breakfast; mazzarella cheese, tomato, basil with balsamic vinegar and slice of sourdogh bread,it keeps me full for a long time.:wink:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I have two: 1) unsugared, bite-size shredded wheat with Stevia, fruit and low fat milk or 2) a fried egg, sprinkle of shredded cheddar, and a slice of shaved ham on a whole wheat sandwich thin.
  • shockingpink33
    shockingpink33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fage Yogurt!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana whole wheat toast slices with turkey bacon

OR

Whole wheat toast with egg whites, ketchup, turkey bacon, and onions for a delicious homemade breakfast sandwich!
  • CrystalOrganic
    Options
    To be honest, I rarely have Oatmeal in the mornings! I love it, but unless it's freezing outside and I wake up craving something warm/cozy, I normally prepare Less filling breakfasts. Egg white or regular omelets are wonderful [I never waste the yolk], with tons of chopped veggies and spices. Boiled eggs. Greek yogurts [I like plain 0% fat], because I like to add my own bit of sweetness to it, such as fresh fruit + splenda + whole grain granola for texture! Kashi makes really good waffles, and they're probably the best choice when you're short on time. Turkey bacon. Fat-free cottage cheese + Berries to sweeten. And of course, COFFEE, soy-milk lattes, or peppermint tea.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how people eat oatmeal. I think it tastes nasty. lol. I use mostly fat free cheese because it has more protein.

My sweet morning breakfast is rare, but I would make french toast the only way I eat it. I must mix the eggs, in this case I not use egg whites mostly and maybe one yolk. I add cinnamon, powdered sugar and a little vanilla to the egg and mix it. I dip the bread in it and fry that way. I also tried it with adding peanut butter and it came out okay! (Peanut butter french toast I read is popular elsewhere)

I also sometimes eat a banana with something, but it is a little random. I know I used to like a slice of butter toast with banana and a glass of orange juice, water or soy milk, but it depends.

One or 2 slices of toast (healthy life is 35-45 calories per slice)
    one egg and one egg white fried just with nonstick cooking spray
    one laughing cow cheese wedge (Queso Fresco Chipotle) cut in half and used like butter on the toast

I put the egg on the toast as a sandwich and that's it! 215 calories is about what that is.

Now I have also started using this one:

one hard boiled egg cut up
    tomato and lettuce
    2 slices Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat with Honey bread (not toasted)
    one Light French Onion Wedge, cut in half and spread on the slices
    295 calories

Yummy lol One of my other favorites is a donut with 12oz of orange juice, but I doubt that is what you want to know ;]

EDIT:
    If you like Americanized Mexican food, I also make omelets

One egg, one egg white
    1/4 cup cheddar or mozzarella
    slices jalapenos, onion & green pepper
    salsa
    I fry the egg with nonstick cooking oil, add a little pepper. I throw the veggies, whichever I want at the time, on top as well as a little bit of salsa. I put half the cheese on top, close the omelet and let it cook for one more minute or so. I add the rest of the cheese on the top and let it sit as the warmth melts the rest of the cheese. I sometimes eat this with one slice of 35/45 calorie bread too.

One of my new favorites is this:

one egg, one egg white
    1/4 cup canned tomatoes with chile pepper mixed (they come canned this way)
    one veggie dog (I doubt you want one of those, but really whatever toppings you have a taste for! lol)
    cheese of choice
    1/4 to 1/2 cup refried beans

Same basic idea except fry whatever topping you think goes well with tomatoes? lol I use one veggie dog fried with the tomatoes. I fry the tomatoes with the hot dog and then take them out of the pan. (Fried veggie dog tastes like fried bologna yummy) I throw the egg in and let it cook, throw the fried toppings inside. Then I close the omelet and throw the cheese on top of it. I eat the refried beans on the side and dip the omelet in them, which was surprisingly divine. I tried it originally for the protein, but I ended up thinking it was delicious. My mom and I used to fry eggs and mix them with noodles (fried a little with them) or also mix eggs with fried potatoes, onion and green pepper. I haven't made it in a while because it takes longer for vegetarians, but I also love hash and I could eat it every day.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Yogurt.

Sometimes with GrapeNuts.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Thomas Light English Muffins - 100 calories, 8g fiber, 5g protein
    One poached egg - 70 calories, 6g protein
    One slice sargento lowfat provolone cheese - 50 calories, 6g protein
    One slice of canadian bacon - 30 calories, 5g protein
    TOTAL: 250 calories, 8g fiber, 22g protein

That sounds just like my husband's daily breakfast - except he uses Pepper Jack lowfat cheese and ham or turkey slices.

ETA: Have you tried ground flaxseed? It's easier to digest and much more palatable.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I like to do a combo of 3 egg whites & a whole egg plus a veggie scramble of whatever I have around...usually cabbage, spinach, mushroom and jalapeno. Or I make "Egg Muffins" (made ahead on Sundays) with a bunch of veggies and reheat in the micro . Smoothies are also a good option if I'm in a hurry. I try to eat vegetables at each meal so def throw a handful or two of spinach in the smoothie.
    I found a spicy chicken sausage (like Jimmy Dean) and it is soooo yummy as a healthier alternative ...even better than Turkey sausage I've tried.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to eat in the morning. But I do enjoy yogurt (iogo greko vanilla or strawberry 2% 90calories for 100g), a 1 1/2 cup of 1% Milk, and blueberries or strawberries till I want to puke...lol I find these items stay with me....or I take a few eggs...scramble them...put my choice of veggies mixed in then put the egg mix in a small muffin tin and bake in the oven for 10 min...little mini omelet muffins...so delicious...eat with a slice of toast or with salsa.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Usually a protein shake because it's quick and easy. If I'm more ambitious

1. hot "Seed-real" - ground flax, chia and hemp hearts. I think it tastes like Cream of Wheat (which i can't eat)
    2. pancakes - either protein pancakes, almond flour pancakes, ricotta pancakes or low-carb apple cinnamon pancakes
    3. an omelet

I restrict my breakfast carbs due to the effect on my blood sugar
  • treegarner
    treegarner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    toast with almond butter and toasted coconut.