Do you have a breakfast staple that's NOT oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• sydneyorbust
    Options
    1/2 cup or respberries
    1/2 cup strawberiies
    100 grams vanilla yougurt-low fat no added sugar
    1/2 cup fiber one cereal
  • wickedwitchwest
    wickedwitchwest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do either one egg or 2-3 whites (eggbeaters makes them in a convenient carton), scrambled omeletter style with Pam. Usually add garlic and onion powders and parsley. Then halfway through cooking I add a string cheese divided into strings. A healthy little omelet for 150 calories. Then serve over one slice of whole wheat toast. Or sub out toast for fruit. Nice and filing.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Kashi whole wheat blueberry waffle with peanut butter and sometimes, a piece of fruit, and usually coffee
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich, and a banana.....almost every morning.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Coffee.. black coffee.. well sometimes coffee with coconut milk and a little bit of protein powder. Fasting in the morning is awesome.

this^ (except with 2% milk). and then later i have Fage 0% greek yogurt with a little fruit and a handful of almonds.
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    egg whites
    spicy turkey sausage OR center cut bacon (3 slices=70 cal)

If I'm extra hungry, some cheese or a sourdough toast.

Fast & lots of protein to launch the day!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit GREEK yogurt. With fruit it's only 80 calories. That's the lightest Greek yogurt with fruit I've found. Still has double the protein of regular yogurt.

I love this stuff! And it only has 8 or 9 grams of sugar. Chobani has 17 grams - almost as much as a candy bar!!!!!
  • teresa_c
    Options
    My breakfasts... brought to you by my favorite place to buy food right now TRADER JOE'S!

I've been eating the following after my daily morning double NF latte or Americano flavored with cinnamon only

"fried" egg over hard with trader joe's peppers and onions (frozen) and a sliced up trader joe's chicken sausage cooked up on the side

or

cook up those trader joe's peppers and onions (frozen) then add three egg whites and scramble it all together with 2 slices of trader joe's uncured turkey bacon on the side

or

for when I need something on the go...a trader joe's blueberry mini fiber cake with 2 slices of turkey bacon or just the fiber cake by itself

or

"fried" egg over hard or chicken sausage with a sliced up apple and NF vanilla greek yogurt w/ cinnamon mixed in for dipping
  • altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have Kashi Go Lean and add Dark Chocolate Almonds and Chia Seeds. It's pretty awesome :)
  • Kbjust4me
    Options
    I like turkey sausage patties and egg whites with a little cheese. Could easily be made into a sandwich as well, but awesome on it's own too, and has lots of protein =)

I do something similar the above.. Turkey sausage (already prepared)..Egg beaters..small amount of shredded-part skim mozzarella and 2 yellow corn extra thin tortillas made crispy in the broiler. You can add spinach..onions..and tomatoes when you have more time such as on the weekends. Top with salsa or sriracha. Yum.
  • la_faerie
    Options
    Protein pancakes: One banana mashed, two eggs mixed in.
    Apple wrap: Flaxseed flatbread with sunbutter (or peanut butter) with a sliced apple inside.
    Egg omelette: Three eggs, 1/4 cup chopped kale, 1/4 hass avocado, 1 ounce cheese. This one is totally awesome for any meal and is ridiculously filling and delicious lol
  • tinagn
    tinagn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Museli w/ low fat yogurt
    Toast with egg whites and salmon
    Banana pancakes
  • lustingforfitness
    Options
    tumblr_mc1x979x7f1rdx869o1_400.jpg

I have some variation of this granola almost every time I eat breakfast. Picture is mine, the meal is under 500 cals and keeps me full for awhile. It's also incredibly delicious!! :)
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i hate oatmeal!

i like to have two slices of weight watchers bread with light cream cheese for breakfast.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    mMMmm bump for good ideas !!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Well today I ate 30g of cereal with low fat liquid Adagio yogurt, with sliced honeydew melon and white grapes. And on the side I ate 2 slices of bread with organic peanut butter.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I do

Blueberry Muffins
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Banana "pancakes"

Smash 1 ripe banana thoroughly.
    Beat 2 whole eggs.
    Mix eggs and banana together.
    Cook on a hot griddle like a pancake.

I like it topped with warm blueberries/and or strawberries.

Nummy. Can't even taste the eggs.

Wow certainly going to try this one :)