Suggestions for DETOXING

Options
I need some help. I am planning on detoxing and I could really use some ideas to help me do this. Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    1. Have normal working body organs that do it for you.
    2. See point 1.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by detoxing?

Your body (liver and kidneys) do an admirable job all by themselves. If you have been exposed to toxins such as heavy metals you need medical help not a change in diet or some product / regimen sold by unscrupulous vendors.
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Talk to your family doctor about the myths of detoxing and have her explain how the human body works.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    ^^ Now this isn't help at all but thank you!
  • BrianSharpe
    Options

Goes back to my original question, what do you mean by detoxing?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    clean water
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water and eat healthy, whole foods.

Your liver and kidneys do the rest.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Unless you need a drug/alcohol detox your body does that for you free.
  • Jchunn
    Jchunn Posts: 2
    Options
    I was told by a physician that the body organs does all that for you but if you feel they need some additional help, I would suggest drinking lots of water, staying away from processed foods, and eating lots of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. Hope this helps!
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would drink WATER.or. just water with lemon, and hit the sauna. Eat clean (NO PROCESSED FOODS) and let your body do its thing for a while.

If you are looking for something else, you might want to google recipies for those detox drinks/ soup things. I have never done one. I cant comit to NO solid food.

Good luck..
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

Getting rid of, ya know, the stuff.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try a modified raw juice diet. I have been doing it for 2 weeks. I make my own natural jucies from fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch and have a light vegetarian dinner. I feel less bloated and much more energized. This of course is not something you should do all the time but just for a reboot :) Watch the documentart "Fat, sick and nearly dead"
  • BrianSharpe
    Options

What "stuff"?
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    I had a horrible couple of weeks of eating and no exercise. I feel bloated and gross. I was a asking for help on some type of cleanse. I don't have a drug/alcohol problem! Thanks
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Do you have liver failure? Because unless you do, you already are detoxed quite effectively.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    When I do...I drink lots of water all day...NO processed foods. Only foods grown fresh, and very mean cutsof meats. I try and eat this way everyday now. I'm careful which yogurt and other dairy I buy some hves lots of fillers & junk in them. I grate my own cheese...the pre-grated have starch in them. I stay clear of sugar also.

Good luck
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Try Whole30; nothing but meats, veggies and fruits. I'm on day 11 and feel fantastic. Read more at http://whole9life.com.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Lots of water. Working out. Eating mostly Vegetables. If you're like me and can't go without your meat, I would suggest baked fish with herbs on it. I agree with SweetMini that you shouldn't do it all the time. I know people who do the Hot Yoga and say that it makes them feel detoxified from all the heavy sweating.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

What "stuff"?

Apparently I failed to communicate my sarcasm
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    get dialysis at your local hospital?