Over 50 crowd

Options
124»

Replies

• pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and have gained and lost the same 30 pounds half a dozen times over the last 5 years. Now I am 33 down and plan to continue to lose 17 more by New Year's. For me it's all about the planning. I often log my meals ahead of time ( including my treats or meals out) to make me more accountable. Yes,I sometimes slip up and used to let that get me off track, but I am really trying this time!

I love reading about everyone's successes.

Add me if you like.
  • redhottie57
    Options
    Barby...thanks for sharing especially the part about having to pause the DVD! :smile:
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in a week or so, anyone can add me unless I am to young for you :wink:
  • Lynnsie12
    Options
    I'm over 50 with 50+ lbs to lose. I joined MFP in May 2012 but never came back. It took all summer to get my head in the right place. After working on my head and heart with a professional I returned to MFP on Oct.1. Now I'm motivated. MFP is VERY helpful. Also helpful is Gold's Gym and my personal trainer. And I'm still talking to my Life Coach every week. I would love to connect with other over 50 women on MFP.
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 54 and I've found this site really helpful in staying motivated :smile:

so far it seems to be working great :smile:
  • mmcollie
    Options
    Would like to just wake up in the morning and find it all gone ha ha. Hard to stick to it all the time and results just take longer to happen the older we get but the motivation to look and feel good is still the same!
  • fitgranny56
    fitgranny56 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for making the step back into a healthier life! I am so proud of you. What are you doing to control your nutrition? I too made the decision to get back to taking care of myself seriously in September and keep track of my calories, go to a trainer, walk and work out at home. Whoemever said you can't lose weight after 50 are crazy. Looking forward to hearing about your activities and success.