Breakfasts 200-300 calories

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    I saute (in olive oil) my fave veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, onions) lightly with garlic salt and pepper. I scrambled 8 or so eggs (no milk) I scramble the veggies and eggs in a bowl then fill muffin tins with the mixture bake for a few on 350.. I let them cool then put them in a freezer bag to grab and go every morning...

Cheap, fast, yummy and low cal.
    There is no way that is under 300 calories with 8 eggs and olive oil
  • Hi...fruit smoothies with blueberries and a banana with half the fat yoghurt. Try not to eat bread in the morning simply fruit.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    My breakfast yesterday was 1 packet store brand bananas and cream oatmeal and one apple. I was full unil lunch. But sometimes I have two apples. I challenge anyone to be hungry after eating two medium apples.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    I saute (in olive oil) my fave veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, onions) lightly with garlic salt and pepper. I scrambled 8 or so eggs (no milk) I scramble the veggies and eggs in a bowl then fill muffin tins with the mixture bake for a few on 350.. I let them cool then put them in a freezer bag to grab and go every morning...

Over 6 days, I would bet it is.
  • If you don't mind pre-packaged breakfasts, Jimmy Dean makes decent breakfast sandwiches in their "DeLightful" line between 210-280 calories.

Also, Kellogs Special K just came out with Flatbread breakfast sandwiches between 200-250 calories.

I've tried both brands and one sandwich is substantial enough (with my morning coffee) to keep me full for 3-4 hours. You can find these in the feezer section of Walmart or your grocery store.

I was a Jimmy Dean Delightful fan until the Special K Flatbread sandwiches came out. I know that it's processed food but I don't have much time in the morning and can't imagine getting up any earlier than I already do. I have the Ham, Egg and Pepperjack cheese sandwich at least 4 days a week.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    1 egg - 70 cal
    1 slice american cheese - 60 cal
    Whole Wheat Eng. Muffin - 120 cal
    Hot Sauce - 5 cal
    Total - 255
    This one keeps me full for about 3-4 hours (I eat 5x a day)
    ---or---
    2 Eggs - 140 cal
    2oz lean ham - 60 cal
    Total 200 calories
    This is what I've been eating the last two weeks and with my 3 cups of coffe, it keeps me plenty full.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    1 whole egg, large - 70 calories
    1 slice of bacon - 45 calories
    1 Oroweat Pocket Thins - 100 calories

Total: 215 calories

Add a small to medium banana to the mix, and you'll be at 300 calories. And be full. This is assuming you are drinking water. That's what I had for Breakfast this morning and it was wonderful..
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    2 hard boiled eggs and yogurt usually comes to 240 calories and is very filling

Or I used egg beaters and have an egg sandwich on arnold sandwich rounds with 2 slices of turkey bacon comes to 235 calories

2 hard boiled eggs 140 cals
    yogurt varies but around 100 cals

3 servings of egg beaters 75 cals
    arnold sandwich rounds 100 cals
    2 slickes jenno turkey bacon 60 cals
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member

It clearly makes more than one serving. She makes a batch and takes one each moning.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    My standard is 1 individual Yogurt from yoplait...not the light stuff either. Most of them are 170 Calories and I have that first thing in the morning

Then about an hour and a half later, i'll have one package of Quaker instant oatmeal (apples & Cinnamon) for another 130 Calories.

Easy 300 calories, both are sweet but not "bad" for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    170g fat free greek yoghurt, 10-15g chopped nuts & a banana... done!
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Why such a small breakfast? I like to have a nice large breakfast that will get my day started right and hold me over till lunch time.
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    I usually have a yoplait light yogurt (90cal.) and protein breakfast bar (150cal.) in the mornings (240cal. total). The yogurt gives you a sweet fix and its good for your digestive tract. The protein bar gives you the energy to get through the morning. But if you like variety, there have been a lot of great suggestions on this thread. I am going to use some for next week.
  • Rudis Organic Bakery Whole Grain Wheat English Muffins, 1 muffin (57g/2oz) 130 calories
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 2 large 155 calories

285 total calories
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member

Yum will have to try this!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    I usually have steel cut oats cooked in Juice with fruit and nuts added. However, sometimes I have a hard boiled egg with couple slices of turkey and hunk of cheese.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    5 large strawberries - 24 cals
    1/2 cup whole grain, old fasioned oats
    splenda (or not) 150 cals
    1 T nuts 40 cals

214 total

If you don't like it sweet, skip the berries and add just nuts and cinnamon. You can also add chia, flax seed and/or wheat germ to make it even more filling and to add more cals. Or use milk instead of water to cook the oatmeal. I don't use it because it boils over and makes a stinkin' mess.

3 egg omelet with veggies 210 cals. Add meat or cheese to get to your 300 cal mark.
  • I usually do a cinnamon raisen bagel thin from thomas' and its only 110 calories and light whipped cream cheese (70 calories) and then maybe a small banana. All together it shouldn't be more than 300! :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Protein shake.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    My new favorite:

Toast one thin bagel, split. Top with grated light cheese, a handful of spinach, a tomato slice and two poached eggs. Salt and pepper it. Keeps me full for hours. It's under 300 calories.