How much weight do you lose a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I lose anywhere from a half pound to 1 1/2 pounds....the latter is much less frequent. It's usually a pound a week.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I average .5 or less per week. It's slow but it's working.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I started with 127lbs to lose about 50 days ago. I've lost 25lbs, so about .5lb a day, or 3.57lbs a week. However, it;s not linear. I lost 6 the first week, lost one this week...and anywhere in between.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I averaged a pound a week for the first few weeks and then .5 pound to none after that, although I only had 40 pounds to lose in total.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    None. And when I was trying to lose, about .5 a week.
  • man_dee_gee
    man_dee_gee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I aim to lose 1 pound, and everything over that is BONUS! :-) As long as I get my pound in I am happy. When I was trying to lose 2 a week I would burn out... stay on my "diet" for 2-3 months and then fall off for 6, gain it all back, etc. etc. This is the first time I've tried to lose "slower". I am happier, and I look better. I aim for 1700 calories a day. I noticed if I eat less than that, I lose even slower. Only took me 5 years to listen to the people on here :-)

Good luck!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am now losing pretty consistently about 2 pounds a week. I lost a little more than that to start with, but I had a TON to lose also.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I lost just under a lb this week. I started ~120 days ago, so that's an average of... 2.7lbs a week. Some weeks less than a lb, some weeks more.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I average about 8lbs a month (probably more like 10 the first couple months.) I'm about 15lbs from my goal, and still going pretty strong.
  • marky54
    marky54 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I aim to lose a pound a week. I stick to the suggestion MFP gives me but I always knock off 100 per day. That way if I go over slightly I can still come under my goal for the day. If I don't then at the end of the week I can give myself a treat. That way my weekly average remains stable. I still exersise every morning (20 mins) on Wii Plus and try to go two/three times a week to gym (60 min workout)
  • tayalsachin
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds in the initial couple of weeks and then 1.5 pounds each week. I have a target of 1.5 lb/week. Workout 5 days a d week and eat back the calories.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    roughly 4/5lbs a week.
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    For me it has varied a little each week. Some week that I'm really pushing myself it could be up to 5 pounds, and some weeks it could be about a pound. Getting closer to my goal is exciting though and I push a little harder, so I've been consistent with at least 2 pounds a week. Good luck:)
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    This is way to varied from person to person and the differences can vary greatly if your are using only diet, or diet + Exercise, and if you eat back your exercise calories or not.

Healthy loss is 1-2 pounds a week though, so if you've lost between 4 and 8, then you're doing great :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have lost 67 pounds since January 2011...but many of those months were plateau months.

In the past two months I have changed to eating at the TDEE for my goal weight (which is only 10 pounds away) and I have been losing about a half-pound per week (following my most recent 4 month plateau).

I am due to weigh again in a week so I will see then if the .5 pound per week continues on (fingers crossed!!).
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I only had 8-10 to lose to begin with. When you don't have a lot to lose, it can be difficult to lose at all. I remember posting here this summer frustrated at my lack of progress. I've since found my magic formula.

I'm losing about 1 lb a week, sometimes slightly less, sometimes a bit more.

Once I revamped my way of eating and focused on my health, everything else has fallen into place. I first eliminated artificial sweeteners because they're awful for you can make sugar cravings greater. Then I altered my diet altogether to a more low glycemic way of eating that has me eating foods that keep my blood sugar stable and eating smaller meals/snacks every 2-3 hours that include protein/fibrous carbs/good fat. This is so blood sugar levels stay level. I feel full and satisfied and my cravings are gone. I've pretty much eliminated all sugar aside from naturally occurring sugars. Usually my macro ratio is around 40% carbs, 40% protein and 30% fat. It varies but that's what I shoot for. I know I feel fuller when I get at least 40% of my calories from protein and get a good amount of fiber.

I do Chalean Extreme (weights) 3x a week which is 35-40 min per session. I've been tacking on a 15-20 min HIIT to the end some days. I'll do cardio another day and a barre workout another day. I never work out longer than an hour. Sometimes it's only the 40 minutes. Usually it's 5x a week. But this last week I only got four days in and one of them was a soft yoga day. I still lost 1.2 pounds.

I've dropped close to 10 pounds now and am now able to eat more calories than when I simply tried to stay within my calorie limit by eating the foods I was eating that I thought were healthy but really contained hidden bad stuff. Now I'm eating roughly 1500-1800 calories a day (depending on if I work out that day). I can tell I'm going to have to up my intake in a few weeks because my clothes will be too big!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    2 lbs.
  • dfig619
    Options
    Started off at 220~222 lbs, After a month I lost 20 lbs with diet, exercise and supplements. Decided to eat a little bit more of the "junk" food cause its to damn good. So im loosing about 2 lbs a week.