my wife and diet.

Options
MAN.. the things a spouse can do to you.. bringing home things they do not even like, but they KNOW are your favorites. keeping unhealthy foods in the pantry, telling you that its ok if you cheat instead of encouraging you to eat healthy at restaurants.using guilt to encourage you to skip workouts. Its just CRAZY.

Luckily, my wife is awesome and never does any of the above. Instead, she is a great inspiration to me in her discipline and motivation. she gets up at 4:15 in the morning to go to the gym every week day and she is about 90% reliable on that which is simply amazing. she encourages me to eat well, and never complains when I head to the gym after work, but instead is excited to hear about my workouts. She compliments my progress and is happy to see me reaching each milestone along this journey.

they say that your odds of reaching your goals and maintaining your fitness levels are 4 times greater with the support and participation of a spouse and I can say from my experience that it is a HUGE help.

I love my wife, and I am blessed to have her in my life.

Replies

• DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What a nice post! My husband and I are doing this together. He is terrible about logging his foods, but we get a ball park figure, since he eats what I prepare (maybe a little more) We enjoy our walks together and he goes my pace or will jog if I initiate it. He is doing the p90x and it does take a little rearranging of our meals, but no problem. We both want to get healthy and have some good years without kids in the house. :)
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, man. My wife has been amazing through all this. She wanted to lose a little weight, as well. Together, we have accomplished so much more than I could possibly have done alone. She does most of the cooking and food shopping and always keeps healthy stuff in the house. So far, I've lost 91 pounds. I have to give her credit for at least half of it.
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    this warmed my heart... love it!!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. My husband supports my lifestyle. He also likes to eat healthy and exercise.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I hope you've told her all of this too! Very sweet!
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That was a lovely thing to read :D

Glad your getting the support you need from someone you love :D
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My hubby has been awesome. I'm lucky to have him. He's totally on board with making sure I get time to go for my walks/runs, even though sometimes it's right after he's walked in the door from work (and both kids pounce on him, haha!). He encourages the tweaking I've been doing to our favorite recipes, encouraged the kids to try the new ones, etc.

He knows I'm doing this for my health (so I will be here to watch our kids grow up), to set a better example for our kids, and to help the whole family eat better.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    she encourages me to eat well, and never complains when I head to the gym after work, but instead is excited to hear about my workouts. She compliments my progress and is happy to see me reaching each milestone along this journey.

That's great. I know what you mean. I feel guilty some times when I've had a long day and run off to the gym after dinner but she never complains. 3 cheers for having a super supportive wife.

I knew mine was my biggest fan when she got up at 6 am this Sunday to go watch me do my 5k. How cool is she?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You are a very lucky man!!!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    great post, congrats to both of you for supporting each other!!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and I agree that you are much more likely to succeed with that sort of support.

My hubby supports me as well - he is so proud of what I have accomplished he actually brags about me to his friends. (awww...so cute).

He has no interest in joining me on this journey...which bumms me out, but he does most of our cooking and will cook me a separate meal if what he is making is not something I want to eat. I am blessed to have him.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    like!!

i'm also lucky to have an amazing S.O. who is super dedicated and motivates me. he works out daily and has made significant changes in his appearance. definitely more motivation for me to look as good as he does!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Good for you guys! My wife is also very supportive of my exercise and eating plan- which I really appreciate. I go thank her every time I read a post on MFP where someones significant other is undermining their efforts which is far too often.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Well jealous, my wife is quite the opposite :-(
  • JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow.... that's me he's talking about folks! You are so wonderful! I am the blessed one. And it is so much easier and not just because we are both on the same page about health and fitness. But also because Mike loves me... unconditionally. We loved and respected each other before the weight came off... so now with the weight gone... we can enjoy life so much more! My husband is my inspiration! I love you Mike! You are my best friend!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Glad you know how lucky you are.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Man! This is a great post! My wife is becoming more and more supportive as she sees how much it means to me. I also support her if it means picking up the kids so she can get some type of workout in.
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What a REFRESHING and INSPIRATIONAL post! This is how marriage should be: the two of you, better together, than you could ever be individually. The WHOLE is truly more than the sum of its parts, isn't it?

Loved this post, all the best to both of you!
  • My boyfriend is great :) He always asked what portion I'm allowed before serving dinner, never lets me go overboard on treats and doesn't complain in the slightest when I ask him for support. Love him to pieces!