Suggestions for DETOXING

Options

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Improve your diet. Exercise more.
    If you stop putting junk in, your body won't have junk to get rid of.
    I don't know if there are any studies supporting my theory but I think sweat cleans your pores. Maybe it forces the gunk out. All I know is that I started Insanity on 10/15. I was working out before that but my DVDs were getting too easy and I wasn't sweating much. Insanity leaves me soaked. Oddly enough my complexion has improved. I do my exercise, chug a protein shake and jump in the shower.
    So, good food, good exercise, and your body will do the rest.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means. I dont understand how people who once where something that they might not be today become so snobby about everything. All humility goes out the window and people want to act like they are nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and personal trainers. Get it together folks! If you want to offer people advice, do it in a humble way. Remeber that what works for you, does not work for everyone so if the subject matter does not pertain to you or how you achieved your success then why even respond or share snobby input? Sometimes its better to just google things because one would THINK that coming here for sound advice from actual people is best but clearly its not.

Your post is funny!
    So we're all sposed to magikally know which detox she be talking bout?

Alcohol detoxification, Drug detoxification, Metabolic detoxification, and the all too fun Alternative medicine detoxification.

Oh because I didnt know we where on MyDrugPal or MyAlchocolicPal! Common sense will tell you she is talking about diet and fitness related stuff!
  • LaSweetMini
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means. I dont understand how people who once where something that they might not be today become so snobby about everything. All humility goes out the window and people want to act like they are nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and personal trainers. Get it together folks! If you want to offer people advice, do it in a humble way. Remeber that what works for you, does not work for everyone so if the subject matter does not pertain to you or how you achieved your success then why even respond or share snobby input? Sometimes its better to just google things because one would THINK that coming here for sound advice from actual people is best but clearly its not.

Your post is funny!

Alcohol detoxification, Drug detoxification, Metabolic detoxification, and the all too fun Alternative medicine detoxification.

and you clearly need an alchohol detox judging from your default!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Your post is funny!

Oh because I didnt know we where on MyDrugPal or MyAlchocolicPal! Common sense will tell you she is talking about diet and fitness related stuff!

Yes, and clearly coming off of drugs and/or alcohol would fit into being healthier, surely?
  • LaSweetMini
    Options
    Exactly! Dont listen to the nonsense. People just want to act better than everyone else on here. If they would just not respond to threads that they cant relate to then the world would be a better place but they always want to attack and put their irrelevant input! Detoxing is not a fad unless of course you are trying to do it for long term weight loss. My actual nutritionist recomends a natural juice detox along with whole and unprocessed foods. But of course their will be people on here who are against everything!

What "toxins" did you have in your body that juice was able to get rid of and your liver and kidneys weren't?

Maybe I should come to your clinic so that you can draw my blood and answer that for me since you are a genious and all! Where can I call to set up an appointment? The toxins of POOP and extra WATER build up that makes you feel BLOATED and FAT! Would you like a stool sample as well?
  • LaSweetMini
    Options

Your post is funny!

Yes, and clearly coming off of drugs and/or alcohol would fit into being healthier, surely?

Oh gosh! You people just want to nit pick at every thing dont you! Get a life!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Your post is funny!

Oh gosh! You people just want to nit pick at every thing dont you! Get a life!

See, I think YOU are nitpicking.

I have a life thanks and it is ****ing awesome...cheers for your concern though...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're willing to do since there are so many options, but here are some suggestions:

1. Dieter's Tea: This will clean your colon, but you only should use it for a 10 day period max.
    2. Fruit only: This will clean your entire system, but you have to stick to fruits only for a max. of 3-5 days. I used to use mines, so I could ingest more.
    3. Fasting: There are all kinds, water only, juice, fruit, etc. The water fast is very extreme, and you would need to go two weeks on just water before your body will begin purging.
    4. Colon cleanse: You can opt to take senna pills or tea, or you can get a colon cleanse (hydrotherapy) from a professional. They usually range anywhere from $30-$60.

I hope these suggestions help you on your journey. - SmartSysta

Why, pray tell, would your colon need cleansing? It does that all by itself every time you have a bowel movement.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colon-cleansing/AN00065

http://www.oprah.com/health/The-Truth-About-Colon-Cleansing

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/colon-cleanses-a-load-of-you-know-what/
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Dont listen to the nonsense. People just want to act better than everyone else on here. If they would just not respond to threads that they cant relate to then the world would be a better place but they always want to attack and put their irrelevant input! Detoxing is not a fad unless of course you are trying to do it for long term weight loss. My actual nutritionist recomends a natural juice detox along with whole and unprocessed foods. But of course their will be people on here who are against everything!

What "toxins" did you have in your body that juice was able to get rid of and your liver and kidneys weren't?

Maybe I should come to your clinic so that you can draw my blood and answer that for me since you are a genious and all! Where can I call to set up an appointment? The toxins of POOP and extra WATER build up that makes you feel BLOATED and FAT! Would you like a stool sample as well?

Um, poo isn't a toxin. It's waste that your body naturally gets rid of when you...poo. And extra water is toxic? Seriously? Also, how could a nutritionist tell you were full of *kitten* and extra water from a blood sample? Sounds like you need to eat more fiber and drink more water.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Unfortunately people such as yourself are why these charlatans are still in business.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'd like to get into the charlatan business. my research indicates that there would be much demand for my products and i would become fabulously wealthy.

which product should i sell first?

1) Di-Hydrogen Monoxide Cleanse
    2) Starvation Mode Pills

i expect to be very wealthy very soon. at least as soon as i can get booked on the Dr. Oz show.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i'd like to get into the charlatan business. my research indicates that there would be much demand for my products and i would become fabulously wealthy.

2) Starvation Mode Pills

i expect to be very wealthy very soon. at least as soon as i can get booked on the Dr. Oz show.

I want those pills! Do they come in chocolate? Here, take my wallet. Just give me the PILLS!
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options

2) Starvation Mode Pills

I want those pills! Do they come in chocolate? Here, take my wallet. Just give me the PILLS!

No NO That DiHydrogen Monoxide stuff can kill you. I read it on a web page so it must be true!
  • critacca
    critacca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a colon cleanse/detoxification system that works great for the entire body I recommend a product called Internal Sweep. It is only available online but it is amazing. It's a two month process and easy to do.

I also recommend juice fasting. I've done it several times, but you will need a good quality juicer if you decide juicing is for you. Use mostly vegetables and some fruit. Read up on it. There are good books out there with a lot of information and recipes. Ask your doctor if you have any medical conditions, otherwise there is nothing wrong with juice fasting. You will get a ton of nutrients, enzymes, and antioxidants from juicing.

Good luck and I hope the negativity and narrow mindedness of others doesn't deter you from trying detoxification and cleansing.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I hope the negativity and narrow mindedness of others doesn't deter you from trying detoxification and cleansing.

Why? There is ZERO evidence that it does anything beneficial.
    Produce some evidence or stop selling snake oil.
  • critacca
    critacca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll try to explain why people detoxify their bodies and the theory behind it.

Every day your body is bombarded with toxins (in cleaning products, the air, pesticides in foods, chemicals in processed foods, etc). Your lungs, liver, and kidneys do a good job ridding the body of toxins, but your body can get overloaded and toxins settle in. Detoxification programs rid your body of the toxins that the lungs, liver, and kidneys couldn't.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    PLAIN water and a lot of it. My nutritionist has me taking in 90oz of it based on my weight (some mathmatical equation I have at home on paperwork).
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    Is it narrow mindedness to believe that the world is round when some think it is flat?

Is it narrow mindedness to believe that going out in chilly weather does not cause you to catch cold when your mother says it does?
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    I'll try to explain why people detoxify their bodies and the theory behind it.

Every day your body is bombarded with toxins (in cleaning products, the air, pesticides in foods, chemicals in processed foods, etc). Your lungs, liver, and kidneys do a good job ridding the body of toxins, but your body can get overloaded and toxins settle in. Detoxification programs rid your body of the toxins that the lungs, liver, and kidneys couldn't.

Is there any scientific evidence for this? Unless we are all eating mercury filled fish, the body deals fine with products in the air and water. Just because it is in a cleaning product does not make it a toxin. Just because it is called a chemical does not make it bad. Water is a chemical. Vitamin C is a chemical (ascorbic acid in fact). Is the water in my grilled cheese sandwich a toxin? NO it is a chemical though. Is the oxygen in the air a toxin? maybe if there is too much.

It is the dose not the substance that is a problem.
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    PLAIN water and a lot of it. My nutritionist has me taking in 90oz of it based on my weight (some mathmatical equation I have at home on paperwork).

I recommend a new nutritionist. One who has read up on nutrition, biology, and is not relying on 20 year old propaganda from water companies.