What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Boring tonight, bbq chicken, sweet potato and cauliflower with a light cheese sauce.
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Either Mexican Chicken breast w/ white rice or Crockpot Chicken with blach beans and cream cheese with wild rice. And maybe my cucumber, tomato, onion salad. YUMMO!!!
  • MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Carne Guisada...

I've been simmering the pork roast I cut into 1/2"-1" cubes for almost an hour now with a little bit of granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, ground comino and a boullion cube. Next I'll add the carne guisada seasoning with a little more water and let it simmer some more until the meat just melts in your mouth!

I'll probably make some rice and see if we have any refried black beans to go with it! :)

Can I come over for dinner? LOL
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    homemade chili!

1 lb browned lean ground beef (92%)
    1 packet low sodium McCormick chili seasoning
    8 oz can no sodium added tomato sauce
    14.5 oz can no sodium added diced tomatoes
    12 oz can kidney beans, undrained
    1 cup diced onion
    diced green peppers if you wish.
    simmer all together for about a half hour, the longer the better, but to whatever your liking is.

i also add a few drops of a real spicy/athentic habanero hot sauce i have for a little extra punch.

the entire pot has 1,415 calories:
    158g carbs (39 of which are fiber)
    38g fat,
    122g protein
    1668 mg sodium

I usually get 3-4 good portions out of it. love me a good big bowl of chili on a cold evening.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I had roasted vegetable and chicken soup with crackers :)
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Mushrooms.
  • lunatikchik
    lunatikchik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Homemade beef stew;)

^^ this, leftover from last night :)
  • whwalker123
    Options
    I sucked *kitten* at lunch so a salad w/ grilled chicken, hard boiled egg and light ranch.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    probably just am going to have a protein bar after the gym :( and maybe a bowl of cereal haha i have a boring day today
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I'm grilling up boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I've used a dry rub of my own design upon. I'll also be doing fire grilled veggies including brocolli, cauliflower, baby carrots, brussel sprouts and mushrooms.

The veggies are done in foil over the lower heat on the grill and drizzled with EVOO and some pear balsamic vinegar. I tend to grill the veggies till they have just a bit of crispness to them.

Can you send some my way?? That sounds delish!
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs, brown rice and some sort of vegetable.
  • feistymoon
    Options
    I had mushroom barley risotto (swap rice for barley) tonight. First time I had ever tried it but have to say it was very nice. Full flavours, and much lighter than the regular kind.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Left over Verde Chicken Chili :love:
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Homemade nachos!
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Turkey Reuben's here (super easy and something different). (two slices of thin rye bread, one slice of swiss cheese, turkey breast, saurkraut, light thousand island dressing grilled on the george foreman grill)

Came up to approx. 300-350 calories and it was really good and a nice break from my normal chicken breast and vegetables!
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sparkpeople recipe...Slow cooker creamy italian chicken...It won't help you tonight because of the slow cooker part, but it's really good for another day!
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Salad with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pecans, no dressing. Caramel sugar free pudding. Then snacked on seasoned croutons and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. ( I just love that snack)
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Brinner! Scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and homemade biscuits and gravy. Soooo hungry...
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    homemade chili!

1 lb browned lean ground beef (92%)
    1 packet low sodium McCormick chili seasoning
    8 oz can no sodium added tomato sauce
    14.5 oz can no sodium added diced tomatoes
    12 oz can kidney beans, undrained
    1 cup diced onion
    diced green peppers if you wish.
    simmer all together for about a half hour, the longer the better, but to whatever your liking is.

Thank you for sharing, sounds really great recipe:):):)

i also add a few drops of a real spicy/athentic habanero hot sauce i have for a little extra punch.

the entire pot has 1,415 calories:
    158g carbs (39 of which are fiber)
    38g fat,
    122g protein
    1668 mg sodium

I usually get 3-4 good portions out of it. love me a good big bowl of chili on a cold evening.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Beer and cheese, on my company's dime.