The Pork Chop vs. The Pork Tenderloin.

Options
2»

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    All I keep reading in this thread is how incredibly right I am.

judging by your name and location I would assume you know a lot about anything related to a farm...so I wasn't arguing.

Don't buy into her game, she doesn't know *kitten*!!! *LOL*

Oh, I know *kitten* and I know Jack. I know the whole family;)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds we had the same argument in our house and I don't get it but they love pork chops cut from tenderloin but not pork chops with bone-in:tongue:
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Pork chops and pork tenderloin are the same. Some chops have bones, some don't. Usually when someone gets a tenderloin sliced, it's a bit thicker than a chop. Which means, typically, people have a tendency not to overcook it like they would the thin chops.

I actually buy a whole tenderloin. I will keep part for roasting or whatever. Part of it, I'll have the butcher cube for me and part I will have cut into chops. So, yes, same part of the pig.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A loin and a chop are totally different - but cooked correctly, they're both FANTASTIC.

The real question here is what beer goes with each .... I realize one of you may have an unfair advantage in this, but it needs to be resolved nevertheless.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't like chops, but I would envision it tasty with a Pale Ale to be honest.... (also, my least favorite beer, but I think they would be complimentary).

I do love a roast tenderloin with a cabernet ;-) Or an MGD 64 *ducks from Kort's fists of fury*
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I don't like chops, but I would envision it tasty with a Pale Ale to be honest.... (also, my least favorite beer, but I think they would be complimentary).

I do love a roast tenderloin with a cabernet ;-) Or an MGD 64 *ducks from Kort's fists of fury*

are you cooking tonight, lover?
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Tenderloin. All day. Every day.

Never been a fan of pork chops.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I made chicken in the crockpot that I'm on my way to shred and make into amazing sammiches. If you stop by, wear something low cut. K thanks :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

*sigh* .. it's a good thing you're pretty.. ;)

But really, I don't see why a light-bodied lager *wouldn't* be good with a roasted tenderloin, so hey, drink the MGD.. I guess...
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    The quality of every food depends on the chef.
    The right one can give you a mouthgasm, but any idiot can make you vomit as well. Most people destroy pork because of the old FDA suggested temp. Now that it's lower, pork tastes oh so much better.

I like tenderloin because it's easier for me to hit the intended temp. If I can't get that right, it's not worth eating. I wrap mine in bacon, therefor it is better by default.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

I made chicken in the crockpot that I'm on my way to shred and make into amazing sammiches. If you stop by, wear something low cut. K thanks :)

:angry: you only love me for my cleavage! Hair flip!