What's for dinner?

Options
124»

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Potato Turkey Burger Casserole, one pound ground turkey, 1 can corn, 1 pound potatoes, 1 cup salsa, 2 tablespoons sour cream, diced onion. Combine everything and bake at 350 for an hour, top with 1 cup shredded cheese and bake additional 20 minutes. Serve with salad or vegetables.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    homemade chili!

1 lb browned lean ground beef (92%)
    1 packet low sodium McCormick chili seasoning
    8 oz can no sodium added tomato sauce
    14.5 oz can no sodium added diced tomatoes
    12 oz can kidney beans, undrained
    1 cup diced onion
    diced green peppers if you wish.
    simmer all together for about a half hour, the longer the better, but to whatever your liking is.

i also add a few drops of a real spicy/athentic habanero hot sauce i have for a little extra punch.

the entire pot has 1,415 calories:
    158g carbs (39 of which are fiber)
    38g fat,
    122g protein
    1668 mg sodium

I usually get 3-4 good portions out of it. love me a good big bowl of chili on a cold evening.

I'm having chili too, ingredients a bit different for mine and cooked in crock pot most of the afternoon. I also split my meat... 1/2 pound lean turkey burger and 1/2 lean sirloin. I'm also having a salad made with romaine lettuce, carrots, green, red, yellow, orange bell peppers, sugar peas, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and part of a golden Delicious apple no dressing.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    Homemade beef stew;)

^^ this, leftover from last night :)

lol, that's what I had yesterday, leftover from Sunday!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Not very healthy, but, I have saved up some of my calories today so I could have cheese perogies with onions, sour cream and bacon.

I LOVE PEROGIES.
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    last night i had YUMMY portobella mushroom pizza with low fat mozzerella and turkey pepperoni... tonight i am stuck for ideas :(
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    chicken quasidellas and a garden salad.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm grilling up boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I've used a dry rub of my own design upon. I'll also be doing fire grilled veggies including brocolli, cauliflower, baby carrots, brussel sprouts and mushrooms.

The veggies are done in foil over the lower heat on the grill and drizzled with EVOO and some pear balsamic vinegar. I tend to grill the veggies till they have just a bit of crispness to them.

I think you officially have an MFP following thanks to your dinner.

I decided on mustard crusted salmon, fall veggies and cheesy onion-y peppery potatoes. Someone mentioned mustard and I love it broiled on salmon. I made homemade pierogi this weekend so the leftover filling will be my starch. Wish I had some pear balsamic vinegar to copy the veggies in this post!

Thanks for all the other ideas...you've all jump started my cooking inclination so I'll be saving a bunch of these for future use.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Enjoy!
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki Salmon, brown rice and salad.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I made guacamole cheeseburgers....they were good!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    It's cold here and we're still dealing with remnants from Sandy. Venison chili and jalapeno cauli-muffins hit the spot and had the added bonus of not feeling healthy to my husband
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Costco rotisserie chicken, green salad with cherry tomatoes and Annie's lite Italian dressing, microwaved squash. Dreary day seemed to call for this! :D
  • mhaight85
    Options
    It's Nacho Tuesday at work, they have a full nacho bar set up! I mix a little nacho cheddar with salsa to make my own salsa con queso and count a serving worth of tortilla chips... about 240 calories. :O)
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tuna melt with sandwich thin, tuna, celery, diced tomato, small amount spinach, green onion and weight watchers smoked string cheese. broiled in oven. Sometimes at work I will just put a slice of cheese on top of tuna mixture on the bread and heat in microwave till cheese melts. Love it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Lasagna Toss.......yummy