Do you have a breakfast staple that's NOT oatmeal?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of oatmeal, but love multigrain cooked cereal (like Bob's Red Mill 12 grain or less so, Red River Cereal). 1/4 cup dry cereal cooked in 1/4 cup almond milk and 1/2 to 3/4 cup water, depending on the type of cereal, sometimes with 1 Tbsp. raisin cooked in. With coffee and milk, comes in around 300 calories and stays with me. Sometimes I cook the cereal with applesauce instead of the almond milk.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I make my own muesli and have it with plain yogurt. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas. To give it that tropical taste I add papaya. Nice!
  • knelson422
    Options
    veggie omelet- using only egg white, comes to less than 150 calories-
    3 egg whites
    spinach
    tomatoes
    peppers- whatever veggies you want
    1 Tablespoon cheese
    very small amount olive oil, not even 1/2 tsp.

Heat pan, add olive oil. Saute veggies, add egg whites, flip after cooked, add cheese, fold over, enjoy!!! Amazing how filling that is.
  • caitymay1
    caitymay1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm really glad I made this thread. So many awesome ideas!

I've also revised my original recipe, instead of the english muffin I'm going to use a Thomas Bagel Thin, they're just cuter and more palatable to me. Also I'm omitting the ham cos it adds too much protein, & I can just drink a cup of soymilk for the extra protein. Or make a soy hazelnut latte.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Western Bagel Perfect 10:
    Cal: 140
    Fat: 2
    Carbs: 19
    Fiber: 9
    Protein: 18

This with peanut butter will fill you up for hours!!
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    The special K breakfast frozen breakfast sandwich are amazing. I get the hot pepper one and LOVE IT. And then I drink 50 calorie orange juice. Works out to a very nice low cal and warm breakfast for the cold days.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Western Bagel Perfect 10:
    Cal: 140
    Fat: 2
    Carbs: 19
    Fiber: 9
    Protein: 18

This with peanut butter will fill you up for hours!!
    Where do you get those?
  • Infauna
    Infauna Posts: 89
    Options
    I usually make a sandwich out of an English muffin, a slice of cheddar cheese and one egg.