Gamer Girls Need Exercise Too :O

Options

Replies

• FeFear
    FeFear Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not so bad with soda now, but it's really hard for me to give it up. One time I managed to go 30 days cold turkey from the stuff, but right now it's sort've become an emotional attachment. I don't like how it makes me feel after a few days of drinking it compared to water, but I do like the caffeine boost and the fizz.

This is how I've managed to become an avid tea drinker, haha. I just love caffeine too much!
    I probably oughta mention to anyone that they can add me too!
    I've just started on Borderlands 2, and when I get the extra free cash I'm gonna make the leap to playing GW2 at some point. The great thing about my attention span/other committments means I just cannot focus on it too long. I can play a campaign of L4D or L4D2 and that's about enough to satisfy my gaming cravings for a while!
  • unkreativ
    Options
    Okay,
    so anyone wants to play L4D / L4D2 with me? We could build a MFP-Team :-D
  • BrokenButterfly
    Options
    People into L4D feel free to add me on Steam! Brokenbutterfly88
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Gamer girl here, too! (PC and console) Though not so much recently, unfortunately.
    I can relate to you on the soda issue - well, it was diet soda for me, which isn't any better and I decided one day, out of frustration to cut myself off from it, cold turkey. I would rarely, if ever drink water and had problems with my skin/complexion (have since I was a teen) and was advised numerous times that drinking a lot of water could help with that, which it actually has. It was very hard the first week, but after that point, my body just got so used to water that I didn't get the cravings for soda anymore. I saw you post that you no longer have a major problem with soda now, but like the other poster mentioned, tea is a great substitute for that caffeine boost and the thing I love about tea is that there are so many varieties to choose from!

Anyway, good luck and don't give up! You will reach your goals. :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Someone else has mentioned it, but definitely check out Fitocracy.

I didn't get on with it, but there's a chance you'll get addicted to levelling up yourself instead of your panda.
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    xbox guy myself any mw games,halo, l4d, and soon borderlands 2
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey, another gamer girl here :) Mainly mmos for me, though I never got into a WoW a whole lot. Did have an Undead mage, but only got to around level 25 I think. I've played lotro since beta. I saw someone say they play on Landroval - me too! LMB is awesome! Though I haven't been playing lotro as much lately, as I've been investing most of my gaming time in TOR, Ebon Hawk server. I definitely use my gaming as motivation for workouts. I want to be as fit and awesome as my Imperial Agent is ;) Add me if you like, can always use more gamer friends!!
  • BloodLad
    BloodLad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've played alot of mmo's...was very addicted to my first one Ultima Online. The ones I've played for more than a year since were CoH, WoW, and LOTRO. Right now I'm really loving GW2. Love this post btw...love rpgs...lol
  • AnnaTheSheep
    Options
    Hi there, started my journey just yesterday, too. And I'm also a gamer girl, always trying to get my husband playing with me, some day he'll understand my addiction :D
    Anyway, what I do is to imagine I'm leveling up my body, just like in a game. When I lose weight or when I'm able to do more push ups than before or something, it's like I have a level up, I'm better than before, you know?! And when I take a walk I imagine I'm on the way to Mordor to destroy the ring, things like that are fun and motivating!

Good luck to all of us, we can do it!
  • Britlamia
    Options
    Am a gamer too....currently in RIFT. I hear you about cutting back....fortunately I dont get on with chocolate and pepsi......but have substituted my 7up and JD to plain sugar free 7up together with making sure i do at least 15 mins on my cross trainer...
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Ha, I'm the same. Although I only play WoW and The Sims. But I still spend way too much time doing that. And I work as tech support. Not exactly in a call center but I'm still sitting down all day, too. So I feel your pain. Getting myself to go and work out is so, so hard. And so is refraining from snacking all the time while I'm playing or watching TV.
  • Ribbons390
    Options
    Wow so many responses! I can't keep up with them. Haha.

Hello everyone. :) Thanks for posting in my newbie forum thinger.

I like working out, and gaming. My goal is to keep both in my life, while working. It's tough to keep up to the levels of my friends, but I'm going at both at my own pace.

Thanks for all the tips, I could totally look at my work outs as if I'm leveling. Like... For the 30 Day Shred, I've ... Uh, gained 10xp and I'm onto Level 2? New skill sets available? Woop?
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hah I'm a huge gamer. I'll sit for hours on my PS3 somedays. Used to be addicted to MapleStory but I haven't played it in a while. Used to sit all day on that thing. xD

My advice is to just set a time for yourself every day for when you want to exercise. Play until then, exercise, shower, then maybe play some more. Just don't let yourself sit all day playing video games. It's a huge waste of time, regardless of how fun it is.

Or if you feel like playing video games and exercising at the same time, you can always get some of those exercise games like Just Dance and Dance Dance Revolution. I find DDR to be a bit more of a workout than Just Dance but both are good.

Have fun and good luck! (: Add me as a friend? I'm always open to meeting new people to support and have support me as well.
  • panDUHb3r
    panDUHb3r Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gamer girls of the world......UNITE! I'm a half-gamer girl (that's what my fiance tells me). I only get excited about a few games, but I could play them daily for hours. Having two jobs is really cutting into my video game time, fo sho. I wish you luck on your weight loss and hope that it gives you the extra energy to kick some butt against the boys!
  • Ribbons390
    Options
    Well I'm really starting to work on my life hardcore these days. I feel like I jumped into the game really late. Video games are one of my favorite pass times, but it's not all that I do, or would like to do. I like to watch my TV shows. Right now I'm burning through Bones. When my friends and I get together we play a lot of board games which are more unique than Monopoly.

I came out to Ottawa for school, but then decided it was the wrong choice. My decision to move caused me to lose my ex, which was a really huge downer, but a real eye opener for me. We're still close friends, almost like best friends, and he helps to encourage me.

So I'm going to move home, get an AZ license, and hope to get a career in the transportation area, or, if I'm lucky, a job as a postal delivery person. Besides those career goals, I want to get out more. I want to learn archery, I want to visit Peterborough's rock climbing, bike down the bike paths, go on Photography walks, etc. I want to continue to draw, maybe join some local art clubs or classes. I want to go dancing like I used to, (But not at bars where guys dance dirty all up on you and try to take you home. Just plain ol' letting loose and dancing.) I want to learn some sort of self defense or martial art. But I want to make sure that video games are still a part of my life besides all that. :)
  • yecatsmn
    yecatsmn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Gamer here too. Seems to be a lot of us on an online weight loss site. Hmmm :p Going to add you!

Currently sucked back into WoW too, damn you MOP! Have played since Vanilla, with times of hardcore raiding, but I cut that out 2 years ago when I went into a pretty time intensive graduate school. Now i'm playing for fun. I also play other computer games like GW2, DOTA etc. But I also love my PS3, more of an RPG, final fantasy type of gal though. Which server do you play in? I brought up my monk to 10, but only to see the new content. Instead I'm focused on my lvl 90 goblin shaman. Best class ever!!! Shamans are seriously so fun, so good choice :)

Anyhow! I find that i'm able to game just fine and still lose weight. I know how it is to play for hours and hours and not realize it. But I set alarms to make sure I get off my computer and take an hour break to go to the gym. I also play Just Dance on the Wii. And for not likely physical activity, the game is freaking fun! Also, the snacking problem during WoW is problematic. I just make sure to not have crap junk food around and instead eat a bag of light popcorn, or grapes while in a session.

Board games are my life too. Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, D & D (could that be considered a board game?). Love 'em all.
  • sbrosp
    sbrosp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there!,

Another gamer here! I was around when Pong was the ultimate video game (LOL). Nowadays, it'sall about Call of Duty :). Feel free to add me.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I've been trying to cut back on my gaming time, but I'm so invested in gaming at the moment its hard. I play WoW (Lightning's Blade), LOTRO (Landroval), SWTOR (Ebon Hawk) and GW2 (Tarnished Coast) although WoW is taking up most of my time as I have a good guild and a solid 10 man raid group clearing content.

Would love some fellow gamers to help motivate me! :smile:
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love league of legends (which i still play with my ex) im a teemo lover with a bunny skin :D , and left for dead too! :D !
    as well as loads of games which wont work on my laptop :( i really need a new computer! ggrr :(

but hello :D and welcome :D
    x
  • katiebean4
    katiebean4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm huge on gaming right now, if I didn't have to work or go to school that's probably all I would be doing. I'm also a pop addict and love chocolate. I've found that once I started working out just a couple of days a week to get started it helped. Now I work out about 5 days a week and miss it when I don't. I find that if you go at least a couple of times a week it becomes routine and gets a lot easier.