Nicest thing anyone has said to you.

Options
Someone has posted the meanest thing ever said to you. After reading thru, it made me really sad. So lets get positive. What's the nicest thing someone has said to you!

I have two, both more recent.

My brother, about 2 month ago said: "you look weird, it's like your face is on some else's body" a little weird i know, but my brother is not emotional type, but then i found out he was bragging to other family members about how proud he is of me. i was shocked/flattered.

Also my boss, we talk about weight loss and i told him i was 55 pounds down a month ago and that i planned on lossing still another 55+ and he stared and said "you don't have to tell me how much you weigh, but i honestly don't know where you would loss it from" i laughed and said "oh don't worry i have it to lose!"

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    everyone in my life telling me how proud they are of me
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    one of my co-workers told me she sees me as such a strong person, both physically and mentally, I loved hearing that because most of the time, I feel the opposite!!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    An ex partner telling me (I was grousing about not being good at anything) that I had a talent for living.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My dad telling me he was proud of me xD
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just the other day my stepmother's father and I were discussing how much weight I've lost this year. I told him I was down 54 pounds and was looking to lose about 25 more. He told me that I looked great and he didn't think I needed to lose anymore weight. :) That felt good.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine my life without you in it. Will you marry me?

ETA: said by my now husband
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    My mom used to tell me I'm handsome.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight and gained a few pounds back...but sometimes you focus so much on negative you don't realize the positive till another says something. One of my coworkers said "wow I am so proud how you have kept your weight off all these years!" I was shocked because I did gain a little back but to others I still look healthy and fit!
    Appreciate how far you have come!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I was in the drug store looking for my face cream which I said to my boyfriend that "I needed to stay looking young" - he pipes up and says "You are already the most beautiful woman in the world you don't need that" ..I hear "Awww, that's so sweet" from this lady who had overheard the comments behind us - I was rather embarrassed actually since I don't take compliments very well.
  • jdubz18
    jdubz18 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think anytime anyone notices a positive change (physical or otherwise) is an amazing thing. I have had several people say they can tell I've lost weight and my clothes (although they can't talk) tell me daily that I'm headed in the right direction. I think sometimes when you see someone every day, it's more difficult to tell. But when you see someone you haven't seen in a while, it's a bit easier to notice bigger changes. My fiancee is down 25 lbs and I tell him every day how great he looks and how proud I am of him. Any little tidbits of compliments definitely give me a boost in my ego :) And then I walk around with more confidence, which helps the overall positivity around me!
  • norakcarolan
    norakcarolan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This morning at a kickboxing class at the gym, a guy (security guard and martial artist) told me I was looking really strong and he was impressed by how fit I've become!
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My husbands grandma said to me when I was 8 months pregnant.. "you dont look fat?!" she like yelled it and she was so serious about it lol

I really didnt look like I was 8 months pregnant at all. I was still pretty thin. Looked maybe 5 months if that. I actually had people completely shocked when I said I was pregnant near the end of my pregnancy.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

it's all my FL....

Sidesteel, BrettPGH, Sarauk2sf, cbormac, Valqis, nerdyandilikeit, g00d m0rning, S1NN3R, sz8soon, BruteSquad, TerminatorFRS8, davc81, jackpotclown, mmapags, stevemphotog, jfrog123, guardian419, Crystal_Pistol, DarthFalchion, _JR_, drmerc, PantalaNagaPam, allisonmrn, UsedToBeHusky, _Elemenopee_, joeccva71, Clifflosinit, Pedal_Pusher, nursevee, Grimlock, ChrisGoldn, jackflak, Debbe2, LeanerBeef, TJ_Rugger, you candooeet, polo571, MarshallCroft, mewaybright, taunto, CPAT67, LisaH1967, pdj1220, KimL122, ShrinkRapt, Nicolette_Karl, shlobiwan, KenDubya74....

all of these people routinely and constantly say the most wonderful things...they are awesome and supportive and some of the best people I have had the pleasure to have in my life.

And some of them are heros, all of them try really hard, play really hard and give it all they have....so yeah...

I love my FL....

and they say some of the nicest things.

Lauren
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was told by a stranger at a conference that I was exquisite. Probably the best random compliment I've ever received =)
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    I have had so many people in my life giving me support. Friends, co-workers, church, family all amazing. I had a friend who surprised me with a shopping trip to Ross. I thought she wanted to shop, we got out, and she said she was so proud of me, she wanted to do something special, and to just let her do it. That was a moment to treasure, and one I will never forget.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    "I love you."

Simple enough. :)
  • M3g47ron
    Options
    My mom said I was cool lol.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I normaly wear glasses and the other day I wore my contacts to work, not the first time I wore contacts, but I think because its so far in-between people don't remember. Anyway a gentelman at work said you look so much younger without your glasses. I don't know if he meant it, but it is always nice to hear someone say something positive and upliftling about you.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My mom said I was cool lol.
    how sweet!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    A dude said to me "I wouldn't mess with you- you look like you could kick my *kitten*."