Do you feel bad when,

Options
124»

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    You delete FAMILY from other networking sites.
    Deleted my Niece from my Facebook last night for her continuing fowl language.. She's 21 and does not talk like a lady. I guess it finally got to me.

Oh and on the verge of deleting my sister as well.. and their rack pack of crazy friends whom have zero morals.

Any body else?

Soooo...you didn't know she used that sort of language before adding her on Facebook, you must be close.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I hide/block everything from my family on FB. IG account isn't tagged to FB so that's good. And I only follow **** I like on Twitter.

My cousin gets mad cause he can never see my status' and pictures and that makes me feel bad.

"fowl." :laugh:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I think the pressure of Halloween is getting to some people! Chill out and eat a darn candy bar if you're going to just be sarcastic and have nothing better to say besides picking apart grammar....

"Don't miss the forest because you're focusing on a single tree"

That being said - and the point of the question being "do you feel bad for removing family from Facebook?"

No....to avoid stupid, petty drama, I don't usually delete them anymore but I'll hide their posts and restrict them and what they can see on my Facebook.
    Example: My daughter's father and his family are on my FB....all they can see are photo albums of my daughter - not any of my random pics or the rare occasion I go out with friends. They can't even see my FB status updates
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You delete FAMILY from other networking sites.
    Deleted my Niece from my Facebook last night for her continuing fowl language.. She's 21 and does not talk like a lady. I guess it finally got to me.

Oh and on the verge of deleting my sister as well.. and their rack pack of crazy friends whom have zero morals.

Any body else?

i was wondering about this last night, as I have asked my niece not to post the "F" word on my fb, and she did it again...I considered it, but haven't deleted her yet...
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I think the pressure of Halloween is getting to some people! Chill out and eat a darn candy bar if you're going to just be sarcastic and have nothing better to say besides picking apart grammar....

That being said - and the point of the question being "do you feel bad for removing family from Facebook?"

No....to avoid stupid, petty drama, I don't usually delete them anymore but I'll hide their posts and restrict them and what they can see on my Facebook.
    Example: My daughter's father and his family are on my FB....all they can see are photo albums of my daughter - not any of my random pics or the rare occasion I go out with friends. They can't even see my FB status updates

Perfect quote.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was very close to deleting a fmaily member last week, after some blatantly racist comments he'd made!

But....he's the only son of my cousin who died suddenly of cancer earlier this year, and I think we older family members feel a duty to look out for him, regardless of whether we agree with what he says or thinks.

I just hide undesired family that I feel I can't politically delete from my newsfeed, but if anyone on my friends list started making racist comments then they'd be off in a second, family or not. I keep family on the list but unsubscribed to avoid confrontation, but in those circumstances I'd be happy to take the confrontation.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Nah I don't feel bad.

I would feel bad for bashing them on another site, though....especially after questioning their morals and such.. Makes total sense.

:flowerforyou:
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i deleted my entire facebook due to a conflict with my sister in law. its BS. she flipped about some comment i made about VBACs and stopped talking to to me for 3 months! she didnt even tell me why, just ignored my calls. i sent her a fb msg and asked if there was something i had done...thats when i found out that the comment i made pissed her off...3months ealier! so dumb. so i deleted my facebook to avoid drama, its the devil. oh, and we still dont even talk, its ridiculous. 30+yr olds acting like high school kids. i was tired of being judged for every comment or pic i would add. thats all that site it to me...DRAMA!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted or hid anyones updates... I also dont post a whole bunch of status updates myself.

I tend to lurk around and read other peoples drama and feel good that it is not related in any way to me :tongue:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't feel bad. I'd only do it if I had a reason so that reason would justify my action.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    You can always hide their posts so you cant see anything unless you go to their profile page.

This is what I do, I don't want to hear their bs at the next family party that I deleted them off of fb.

Yep. I just block them on my feed so I don't have to see it. They never know!
  • ChelseaJewell
    ChelseaJewell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad - they are probably happy you finally removed them because they could give a fk what you think! :drinker:

Bahahahah :flowerforyou:
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    we had a squabble on fb with my in laws. got deleted. did not care. the moms though, her we just set to not see anything. so she was still there, but not really.
  • twerkthat
    twerkthat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ummm NO...if they have no respect for you then delete delete delete i'm all for it...and besides if they want to talk a certain way with friends, then they should have those messages sent to their friends and block you from them..so don't feel bad at all :wink: