what do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Get the best quality coffee you can find and drink it black. Your taste buds will appreciate the bitterness if you give them a chance. We eat far, far too much sugar in the US.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I use all different kinds, but always have Natural Bliss Lowfat Vanilla on hand. And I use Truvia.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    18% cream.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Nothing, but I am a coffee snob and only drink the best coffee ... and drink it black .
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    1 packet of truvia.
  • Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hot chocolate
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Skim milk and Splenda
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Rarely drink coffee, maybe 2 cups a month? I like mine black usually. I do drink a lot of tea. At times I add to the tea but rarely. Maybe a bit of raw sugar.

Dr. told me not drink any coffee or tea...sigh. was already not drinking coffee, but not giving up my tea!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    So delicious coconut cream, vanilla and hazelnut flavor calories per tablespoon 20, carbs 4, fat 0 :)
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use coffee-mate sweet Italian cream. But need to change that because the calories DO add up way to fast!
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I've been using coffeemate french vanilla, but the calories add up way too fast! Looking for a better alternative...

What do you use?

didnt read all the comments, I hope Im not repeating but I use milk and french vanilla sugar-free syrup like the kind they have at starbucks. I got mine from amazon, I think its called torani. If you use to much though, it tastes like aspartame, use about half a cap for a mug of coffee and its perfect. I also used to love my french vanilla coffeemate :sad:
  • janbo19
    janbo19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stevia and 1/2 & 1/2 (1 T). And we buy the best coffee we can find, usually at the Farmer's Market, for $18/lb. Grind the beans ourselves in small batches.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I make/brew coffee at home, I like to drink it black. When I go to Starbucks or some other coffee shop, I like to get either a nonfat cappuccino or nonfat latte with sugar-free vanilla syrup.
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I've realized that I react to artificial sweeteners. After giving them up completely for a couple of months and having them completely out of my system, I had a Starbucks grande skinny vanilla latte last week. I've been waiting for the rash on my neck to go away ever since. It's finally better today. This same rash is what prompted me to give up artificial sweeteners in the first place. Then I cleaned up my diet as well. I thought the rash was tied to Splenda but this verified it. It's the absolute only thing I changed up in my routine. :( I thought latte with sugar free syrup would be fine. I was wrong and I'm sad about it.
  • klamarius
    Options
    I used to use way more than 2 tbsp of hazelnut creamer in my coffee (I like a little coffee with my creamer :wink: ) but now I am watching my sugar intake. Just this week I switched to half and half. Turns out the coffee tastes way better with less sugar!

If you still want a sweet tasting coffee, why not try flavored coffee? My sister found strawberry shortcake flavored coffee (at Walmart, I think) and it tastes great plain!
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I used flavored coffee and I got used to drinking it black. Right now I can get a great Pumpkin Spiced coffee from Aldi's that is out of this world.
    I was a big time creamer junkie so it took alot for me to give it up, but I remind myself that flavored creamers are just empty calories for me.
    Good luck to you!
  • hypocritelecter
    Options
    On my workdays I just throw in stevia and I'm good to go. On my days off, I treat myself to skim milk with a shot of international delight fat free cream.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've been using coffeemate french vanilla, but the calories add up way too fast! Looking for a better alternative...

What do you use?

Splenda and skim milk.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Cream and sugar. I used to drink those horribly high calorie drinks from starbucks & slowly adjusted my coffee taste buds. Now I only use 1tbsp cream & 1tsp sugar. Sometimes I add some torani syrup for extra taste.

EDIT: GOOD coffee beans make all the difference. And I find personally that I use waaay less sugar and cream when I use the french press vs. a drip coffee maker.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Real sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut oil.

It's non dairy, delicious, and I know exactly what's in it. It's good without the coconut oil too. I recently started adding that part after reading about the health benefits.