How do you have your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to try it this way for lunch.. it sounds delish!

Herbed Cheese & Tomato Sandwich (total under 400 calories)

* 6 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
    * 1 garlic clove, minced
    * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
    * Dash of salt and pepper
    * 1 whole-grain bagel
    * 4 slices tomato
    * 1 orange

Place cottage cheese in blender and puree until smooth. Stir in garlic, chives, salt, and pepper. Spread mixture on bagel and top with tomato slices. Eat with orange.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love it with crunchy veggies, like radish, cucumber, onion, green onion, bell peppers. Even with slices of olives. All mixed up. And maybe a touch of crumbled bacon bits.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I love it with crunchy veggies, like radish, cucumber, onion, green onion, bell peppers. Even with slices of olives. All mixed up. And maybe a touch of crumbled bacon bits.

Ohhhh YUM. Gotta try it !
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Plain or with a little salt and pepper.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty boring with it I think. I only eat it plain, right out of the carton. Or on a bed of greens (spinach, arugula, kale, etc.) with tomatos, peppers, fruit or peas.

It's also a good substitute for ricotta in lasagna
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    With this:

http://pleasoning.com/index.asp?CompID=44&action=ViewProduct&ProductID=399&CategoryID=84

NOM! Note: pleasoning also tastes amazing on meat, french fries, veggies....
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Blimey!!! I didn't expect half of these responses.....so many ideas!!

• texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    On top of sugar free peaches or pears.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Pepper and spicy salsa with a few baked tortilla chips, quinoa crackers, or wasa multigrain crisps for scooping.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I just eat mine plain or with some sort of fruit.
  • madblondebint
    madblondebint Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    With Pesto, Nom Nom Nom
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    i have mine ALL BY ITSELF :):):)
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    With black pepper.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    With Pesto, Nom Nom Nom

Pesto sounds delicious,..
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fry up some onions, garlic, and celery (and meat if you want it) in butter or olive oil. Let it all cool down until just warm, then mix it with the cottage cheese.
  • CPAUTISM24
    CPAUTISM24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add some apple butter......oh my... Delicious!:happy:
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like using it in a baked potato instead of butter and sour cream. It's really really good!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    As an appetizer while waiting for my dinner I like to sit in my recliner with a bowl of cottage cheese, some stalks of celery and a bottle of my favorite hot sauce. I will scoop up some cc into the end of the celery stalk and then pour a little hot sauce on the celery just above the "dam" created by the cc. Cold, crunchy and spicy all at the same time.

Sometimes for breakfast, I will stir half a scoop of chocolate protein powder into my cottage cheese to create a tasty pudding.

For lunch today I just scooped out of the container with a spoon and had it ala carte.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just seem to stick mine on top of a Ryvita....how do you have yours?

Inspirational, mouth watering ideas would be very appreciated (not sure how likely that is though!) :smile:

I chop up an apple into bite size chucnks, sprinkle the apple and cottage cheese with cinnamon and enjoy!! It is delicious!!
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Plain in an icecream 'Cake Cone' as a snack...

As part of a meal, My wife is an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian meaning she will eat dairy and eggs bot otherwise, only vegetable and grain products "If it has eyes and poops, it is off the plate" lol.

Look up a recipe for "Cottage Cheese Loaf" or "Special K Loaf" it is a meatless "Meatloaf" if you will, sounds odd, but tastes amazing!