Yay or Nay to this...

Options

Replies

• MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    I'll be at work for both holidays, so that will help keep my cravings at bay. I'll still have my share of turkey though.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    1) portion.

2) not bump up, but i continue exercising. i also plan to bring my own healthy dessert to thanksgiving, and other healthy foods so i can spread the wealth!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    According to a friend of mine..it's not what you eat between Christmas and new year that counts but what you eat between New Year and Christmas..

Good one! I'll have to remember this one... :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Strangely I work out way more in the winter than I do in the summer. So I'm not overly worried about the holidays. I just try to prevent the binge or the overstuffed feeling. I host Christmas for my in-laws so I know everything on the menu, but at my mom's house it's damn hard to control myself. I'm more worried about tonight, the amount of mini chocolate bars in my house is going to kill me.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    when the holiday parties/family events etc come around, I eat whatever I want, and drink whatever I want. Get a good work out in in the am or night before, and ENJOY!!!! whats life with out that extra slice of pie??? of 5th glass of wine? Not one I want to live, thats for sure!!
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    oxSfT.jpg

This!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    29363117.jpg

So worth it - thanks for fixing it Shankie!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    29363117.jpg

So worth it - thanks for fixing it Shankie!
    ^^What she said.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    oxSfT.jpg

Yup
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    oxSfT.jpg

Yes!
    lmao!!

:]
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. This would never work for me if I had to deny myself the foods I love on occasion.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, never deprive! I'm definitely getting a gooooood workout in on Thanksgiving, doubt I'll do any on Christmas, but we usually don't have a big Christmas dinner anyway.. I'm thinking good Omelets in the morning and as usual throughout the day? Unless we go out somewhere. Who knows. We'll see!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If I can, I try to get in a workout in the morning and while I don't seriously overeat, I do eat what I want on holidays. I try to limit what I eat at parties, though, outside the actual day.

We have food on the holidays that we don't have at all the rest of the year, so I want to enjoy myself. I didn't gain weight because of what I eat two days a year.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'll log but I'm not overly concerned on 3 days out of the year.
    There are certain foods I will AVOID or severly LIMIT but that is because they may taste good, but I'll feel like crap and be in the bathroom in pain later and then once that's done, I'll break out like a 15y.o. with acne....not worth it.
    If it's a meat or vegetable - I'm there!
    Pie will just set my body into a tailspin but I'll probably have to have a bite of someone elses.
    I'm considering skipping a family thanksgiving all together b/c they make me uncomfortable with HOW MUCH food they eat
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    I plan to fully enjoy every moment..that includes all the glorious foods and desserts.

Happy Holidays :-)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    According to a friend of mine..it's not what you eat between Christmas and new year that counts but what you eat between New Year and Christmas..

I love this! I plan on taking a vacation with my bf to visit both of our families for at least two weeks. During those two weeks, I will try to be as active as possible and make good food choices when it's easy to, but I'm not going to obsess over what I eat.

Of course I'm going to be destroying some pie and casseroles and eggnog and beer and wine and champagne!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I spent some time thinking about this and I decided Thanksgiving Day and XMas Day I'll eat whatever I want, but my problem has been that the calorie-fest just kept on going from Thanksgiving all the way to New Years. Not this year! Any (unhealthy) leftovers will be given away or thrown out and if I'm given bad food/candy etc. as a gift for XMas I'll give it away.

I don't want to undo all my hard work. Two days won't undo it, but two whole months of mindless eating will!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    pretty much why i try to add more muscle during winter time... cuz yea im gonna go HAM on all of that food.

haha. basically this! :)
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Last year I portioned smaller servings and worked out a little more. This year Im pregnant, so Im gonna eat what I want dammit! Bring on the food!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I've never dieted through ANY holiday before..so this year will be interesting. I HOPE to plan it out and keep portions under control.