How'd you get that personality?

Options
13»

Replies

• lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I was breastfed with coffee...nuff said...
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    my mom says i was born this way
    i told her that i think my filter is broken cuz it seems that more and more "inside thoughts" are coming out
    she told me i never had a filter... :\
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I grew up a smart kid who loved science, history, and classical music with a strong rebellious streak in the bible belt. This explains it all.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    My dad had us watch Monty Python and the Princess Bride and we listened to Dr. Demento Christmas cds. The song "the pretty little dolly" by Mona Abboud sticks out most to me. Yup. Mix in some therapy and psychologists picking my brain and that's it in a nutshell. :D
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Dr. Demento! I used to go to sleep to him every Sunday night.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I forgot about Dr. Demento! I used to go to sleep to him every Sunday night.

How sweet. :)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    :"and now for something COMPLETELY different...."
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options

I grew up on Firesign Theatre, Monty Python and Fawlty Towers.

My Sister! Dont forget Black Adder :)
  • rml_16
    Options

I grew up on Firesign Theatre, Monty Python and Fawlty Towers.

My Sister!
    Isn't that bridge built yet?
  • shawaniea
    shawaniea Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My personality is all of the people i've meet threw out my life and my attitude put into one mortal...
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm. It is not the lowest form of wit but a lost verbal art form that I intend to take ever opportunity to revive.

Some of the greatest minds of our time used sarcasm to make a valid point

My childhood was filled with sarcasm, innuendo and heated debates about every taboo subject available. I miss those days. I hate the "Oh I am so offended by your words" mentality that seems so prevalent today.

Pull on your big girl/boy panties and come back at me with a valid argument, stop hiding behind your shield of ignorance and super sensitivity and grow a pair.

These glorious insults are from an era before the English language got boiled down to 4-letter words

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease.""That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."·

"He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr·

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Winston Churchill ·

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." Clarence Darrow·

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway).

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it." - Moses Hadas·

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde·

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one." - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill "Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second .... if there is one." - Winston Churchill, in response.·

"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." - Stephen Bishop·

"He is a self-made man and worships his creator." - John Bright·

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." - Irvin S. Cobb·

"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others." - Samuel Johnson·

"He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." - Paul Keating·

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." - Charles, Count Talleyrand·

"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him." - Forrest Tucker·

"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" - Mark Twain

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." - Mae West

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde·

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)·

"He has Van Gogh's ear for music." - Billy Wilder ·

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx
  • rml_16
    Options
    Those made me laugh.

And kudos for ending with Groucho. I forgot to include the Marx Brothers as a very important part of my formative years.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Stole it from the neighbor.... she doesn't know though (((((sssshhhhh!!!!!))))))
  • jaegoffe
    Options
    I am SUPERMAN . That's just how i got it :)
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    i got my bluntness from my moms mom
    and my big heart from my dads late mom.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    When I get a personality, I'll let you know.
  • rml_16
    Options
    When I get a personality, I'll let you know.

Apparently, they can be bought or stolen, so when you find one you like ...
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    I've never had one, so I killed several strangers and stole theirs and sewed them all together and now I have a beautiful personality suit and everyone loves me and I'm oh so popular.