Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Welcome, risko99 and sunlover!

Well, I just completed day 1 of Level 2! It kicked my azz, especially the last part of it. On the other hand, it was fun.
    My face is tomato red now...
  • Mandrobot
    Options
    I recently started the 30DS. Today will be day 6. The first few days I was in a lot of pain and had to take a break from it. I'm starting to see a change in my endurance and strength now and that's really encouraging!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Woohoooo!! Level 2, Day 12 Done! Now I need to go take a snooze... lol Got barely 3 hours of sleep last night due to hurricane winds and rain and kids who refused to fall asleep until around 1am.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I finally bought 30DS today and I'm going to start today as well. I'm anxious! I want to do well with it. I'm like, excited and nervous at the same time, lol! Wish me luck! :) oh ya, I'm going to be using 3lb weights.

Ok, I just finished my 1st day of 30DS and all I can think is "What in the hell did I get myself into?!" lol. My arms feel like spaghetti! I'm excited to see my halfway mark results (day 15).

OH Yes, you will be sore. I've found that if you move around awhile after, it seems to lessen the soreness for awhile. :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Finished day 10, level 1 yesterday! Just finished day 1, level 2. I only have to things to say!! 1. Jillian is CRAZY!!! and 2. Plank is now the dirtiest word I can think of!!!

I like plank actually. It's probably why I like level 2 so much!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 8 level 1. Done!!
    I wore my HRM today and i burnt 167 calories doing the work out as opposed to 209 the first few times I did it!

Sounds like your getting more efficient with it :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Welcome, risko99 and sunlover!

Well, I just completed day 1 of Level 2! It kicked my azz, especially the last part of it. On the other hand, it was fun.
    My face is tomato red now...

Mine was yesterday too! I finished level 2 day 2 this morning. I used 5 lbs through half before I had to switch back to 3 lbs today. Yesterday I only did 3 lbs.
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I too have started 30DS before and not finished it. Going to try the Shred, Shred, Cardio...Shred, Shred, Cardio thing. Hoping to persevere through it this time with a little support from fellow shredders. Perhaps a helpful hint for those with knee, etc issues, I do the cardio part on a mini trampoline. Really helps lessen the impact and it's fun!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I too have started 30DS before and not finished it. Going to try the Shred, Shred, Cardio...Shred, Shred, Cardio thing. Hoping to persevere through it this time with a little support from fellow shredders. Perhaps a helpful hint for those with knee, etc issues, I do the cardio part on a mini trampoline. Really helps lessen the impact and it's fun!

That sounds like fun, and like it would burn even more calories :) Oh, I've also started doing yoga on the wii after my workout of 30ds, seems to help with the soreness a lot :)
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Day 13, Level 2 complete! As for soreness, I'm barely feeling anything! Does this mean I'm in better shape than I thought? The only thing that really hurt are, get this, my FEET! I seriously feel muscle tension in them, mostly after plank workouts. I enjoy the plank workouts too so I probably put more into them and then it affects my tootsies.

Today is also laundry and cleaning kitchen day. Wish I had one of those body bug thingies that counts calories as you wear it... (Christmas wish list)
  • dcf44
    dcf44 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone... On day 3 of 30DS. Been doing Wii Active Sports II and workout DVD's like Billy Blanks Boot Camp and I just bought Zumba II for the Wii - boy am I glad the 30DS isn't the first thing I did. My thighs and legs are pretty strong from the last month so they are only slightly sore but I made the mistake of using 7 lb weights the first day. Then yesterday I tried the 5 lb weights and it was too late - my arms were even more sore - can barely walk without keeping my arms bent. Not sure whether I should buy new lighter weights on the way home, take a break today or just push through the pain with the 5lbs again. Not looking for an injury but I don't want to wimp out either! It's a fine line isn't it? lol

Anyways I just accidentally started doing the program - I bought it for "later" and I did one and then another... I'm loving it! Makes me sweat like no other workout DVD. But I'm loving the burn and the knowledge that I'm really doing something. Just hope the pain subsides the next few days...
  • yaomihaha
    yaomihaha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    today will be day 2of level 2. Level 2 is hard for me and I am scared. Yesterday was painful to finish it but right now I am kind of looking forward to it. I do notice I like to eat more.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    dcf44, it will get better - promise! :)

Day 2 of Level 2 completed. I did better than yesterday, I think. The anterior raises with squats are most challenging for me.
    I only felt slight pain in my back/shoulder blades today, I was expecting much more soreness. I also wonder what it means, not pushing it hard enough or what? I am going to try the 5lbs weights on some exercises tomorrow, that should take care of it ;)
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Day 14, Level 2 done!! First off, I'm proud of myself for sticking with this. I'm using 5 lbs weights for this first week and doing some of the moves modified versions.... but I'm DOING it! :happy: I've felt like stopping and dropping and just calling it a day but I get my will power back up and kick butt and finish stronger than I started. I may not feel a muscle burn after the workout, but today I really paid attention and I definitely feel muscle burn DURING the workout. I think my belly button was trying to dig a hole to China... that smarts! LOL

So to all of you out there doing this program, stick with it! Keep up the good work!!

PS: Has anyone ever noticed that Natalie (girl in the yellow shirt) took a break during the plank twists?? I thought those girls were pros??
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 13, Level 2 complete! As for soreness, I'm barely feeling anything! Does this mean I'm in better shape than I thought? The only thing that really hurt are, get this, my FEET! I seriously feel muscle tension in them, mostly after plank workouts. I enjoy the plank workouts too so I probably put more into them and then it affects my tootsies.

Today is also laundry and cleaning kitchen day. Wish I had one of those body bug thingies that counts calories as you wear it... (Christmas wish list)

I think after the 3rd day of each level you just arnt sore. My entire core is sore and my right arm is sore! Lol
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Hi everyone... On day 3 of 30DS. Been doing Wii Active Sports II and workout DVD's like Billy Blanks Boot Camp and I just bought Zumba II for the Wii - boy am I glad the 30DS isn't the first thing I did. My thighs and legs are pretty strong from the last month so they are only slightly sore but I made the mistake of using 7 lb weights the first day. Then yesterday I tried the 5 lb weights and it was too late - my arms were even more sore - can barely walk without keeping my arms bent. Not sure whether I should buy new lighter weights on the way home, take a break today or just push through the pain with the 5lbs again. Not looking for an injury but I don't want to wimp out either! It's a fine line isn't it? lol

Anyways I just accidentally started doing the program - I bought it for "later" and I did one and then another... I'm loving it! Makes me sweat like no other workout DVD. But I'm loving the burn and the knowledge that I'm really doing something. Just hope the pain subsides the next few days...

You have to keep in mind that there is a difference between being sore and being in pain. I pushed through it, but I also got shin splints from butt kicks. So I had to take every other or do 2 days 1 day off in order for it to work with level 1. Just be careful, and don't over due yourself. It's okay to take a rest day.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    dcf44, it will get better - promise! :)

Day 2 of Level 2 completed. I did better than yesterday, I think. The anterior raises with squats are most challenging for me.
    I only felt slight pain in my back/shoulder blades today, I was expecting much more soreness. I also wonder what it means, not pushing it hard enough or what? I am going to try the 5lbs weights on some exercises tomorrow, that should take care of it ;)

I tried 5 lbs the 2nd day. It wasn't too bad, I had to keep switching back and forth though between 3 lb and 5 lb. I HATE the anterior raises. they are the worst. other than that, I love level 2.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 14, Level 2 done!! First off, I'm proud of myself for sticking with this. I'm using 5 lbs weights for this first week and doing some of the moves modified versions.... but I'm DOING it! :happy: I've felt like stopping and dropping and just calling it a day but I get my will power back up and kick butt and finish stronger than I started. I may not feel a muscle burn after the workout, but today I really paid attention and I definitely feel muscle burn DURING the workout. I think my belly button was trying to dig a hole to China... that smarts! LOL

So to all of you out there doing this program, stick with it! Keep up the good work!!

PS: Has anyone ever noticed that Natalie (girl in the yellow shirt) took a break during the plank twists?? I thought those girls were pros??

I notice them taking a break a lot actually. LOL
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options

I notice them taking a break a lot actually. LOL

I'm so preoccupied focusing on my own form and technique that I hadn't noticed! LOL! Makes me feel like I work harder than they do! :tongue: